Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

A friend of mine dropped by Ford in Pattaya and was told that XLT's and WT's were 6-months and 12-months delivery respectively Maybe they were quoting for the 3.2 milled models but from this thread, the 2.2 versions are more like 4-months and 6-months delivery no?

He was quoted a price of 825k on the road but that would indicate the 2.2 XLT if I am not mistaken.

He also asked about any discount for a cash purchase and the sales girl said no. I think that discounts for cash buys are few and far between for any manufacturer in LOS but I suggested he check Ford in Rayong. If anyone knows of a Ford dealer giving a break on cash purchases, I would be interested to hear. Maybe bypass the sales floor staff and speak to the sales manager.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get the OEM camera/mirror kit for around 10,000 Baht ($330). They're available from sellers such as Tasca Parts via eBay (US). This is just for the parts. Then you have shipping/customs ontop of that.

A good option is the ford logo emblem (same as 3.2WT) for around 1000 baht. I fitted a camera under the bumper but its too low.

Edited by Ungabunga

You can get the OEM camera/mirror kit for around 10,000 Baht ($330). They're available from sellers such as Tasca Parts via eBay (US). This is just for the parts. Then you have shipping/customs ontop of that.

A good option is the ford logo emblem (same as 3.2WT) for around 1000 baht. I fitted a camera under the bumper but its too low.

I went to the Tasca website and I don't see the OEM camera (Blue oval), can you supply a link. I found the OEM setup at another source in the US, but it was about $700 for camera and mirror, so close to what Spoonman said it will cost in Thailand.

Under the bumper is way too low. I bought one of the wireless add-on rear view camera/mirror units on eBay and mounted it above the number plate and it works quite well. If anyone is pursuing this, make sure you buy the correct camera mounting option. Spoonman recently posted a picture of the arse-end of his black beauty and shows the same camera and mounting that I have (his recommendation).

Edited by NanLaew

A friend of mine dropped by Ford in Pattaya and was told that XLT's and WT's were 6-months and 12-months delivery respectively Maybe they were quoting for the 3.2 milled models but from this thread, the 2.2 versions are more like 4-months and 6-months delivery no?

He was quoted a price of 825k on the road but that would indicate the 2.2 XLT if I am not mistaken.

He also asked about any discount for a cash purchase and the sales girl said no. I think that discounts for cash buys are few and far between for any manufacturer in LOS but I suggested he check Ford in Rayong. If anyone knows of a Ford dealer giving a break on cash purchases, I would be interested to hear. Maybe bypass the sales floor staff and speak to the sales manager.

Thats positive information. We ordered our WT 3.2 last August but all we get from the dealer no problem with delivery next Feb.13 but we are living in Europe so just have to take him at his word. But than again can you believe a car sales man !!

I went to the Tasca website and I don't see the OEM camera (Blue oval), can you supply a link. I found the OEM setup at another source in the US, but it was about $700 for camera and mirror, so close to what Spoonman said it will cost in Thailand.

Sorry I didn't get the link but made a screen grab at the time. This was a couple of months ago so I reckon the link has expired by now unfortunately so I cant check. I have seen other kits on ebay for around $700 as you rightly say, not sure whats different in them to be honest, perhaps the others include wiring etc?

post-30245-0-06051200-1356311265_thumb.j

Its funny before I had the camera fitted on mine I really thought I needed it, but to be honest I hardly use the thing, so I'm glad a got a cheap version really. As I said earlier though, I think the ford emblem with camera insert would be a good option for mounting the camera. Tidy, discreet and better viewing angle.

Edited by Ungabunga

Sorry I didn't get the link but made a screen grab at the time. This was a couple of months ago so I reckon the link has expired by now unfortunately so I cant check. I have seen other kits on ebay for around $700 as you rightly say, not sure whats different in them to be honest, perhaps the others include wiring etc?

Its funny before I had the camera fitted on mine I really thought I needed it, but to be honest I hardly use the thing, so I'm glad a got a cheap version really. As I said earlier though, I think the ford emblem with camera insert would be a good option for mounting the camera. Tidy, discreet and better viewing angle.

Thanks very much, I found the site. It was on Ebay motors as shown in your screen shot so followed that. That is half price of the other one offered by others.

Yeah, I was wondering if I would use it as well, but I have a camera on our Pajero Sport and I do use that one, but it is a larger screen. Probably the reverse sensors are enough, I will have to think about spending the money for the camera. I travel to the US often, so I can bring it back and not worry about shipping, customs fees.

Thanks again for the info.

Thanks very much, I found the site. It was on Ebay motors as shown in your screen shot so followed that. That is half price of the other one offered by others.

Yeah, I was wondering if I would use it as well, but I have a camera on our Pajero Sport and I do use that one, but it is a larger screen. Probably the reverse sensors are enough, I will have to think about spending the money for the camera. I travel to the US often, so I can bring it back and not worry about shipping, customs fees.

Thanks again for the info.

Ok, so have researched these mirrors a bit more and now I have even more questions tongue.png

It seems that some mirrors have a microphone installed in them for the voice command function and still others have a compass.

Can anyone tell me if the Ranger mirror has either of these?

To my knowledge the Ranger mirror with reverse screen has neither voice nor compass embedded into them.

Thanks Spoonman, what about a 2.2 WT or an XLT? Do they have either of these features in the mirror? Where is the mic located for example?

Are we talking a Thai domestic market Ranger or an Export Ranger, either way neither have voice or compass in mirror.

If domestic XLT it does not have voice as it has no bluetooth hence the phone function in the audio unit does not function which actually pissed me off a bit, guess I should have checked this before purchase but I figured the audio has the phone so I assumed it was functional.

Edited by Spoonman

Are we talking a Thai domestic market Ranger or an Export Ranger, either way neither have voice or compass in mirror.

If domestic XLT it does not have voice as it has no bluetooth hence the phone function in the audio unit does not function which actually pissed me off a bit, guess I should have checked this before purchase but I figured the audio has the phone so I assumed it was functional.

For the Thai market, and yes now I see that you are right, the XLT does not have the bluetooth function. I have ordered the 2.2 WT that has bluetooth, but not the rear view camera. So I'm a bit concerned that the mirror in the WT will have a mic incorporated into it . Maybe best I wait till I take delivery and check on this for sure before ordering a camera/mirror.

Thanks for your help.

OK, well that's good news then, looks like that camera/mirror setup that you found on Ebay might just work fine. Did you have reverse sensors installed? If so, did you have the dealer install them? What about window tint? What percentage did you put on the side and windshield?

OK, yes I was think more like 40% for my truck. I put the Ebay order in today for the camera/mirror combo from the website you mentioned. It will be probably a month or more before I can report on how it works as I don't even have the truck yet tongue.png

Thanks for the info.

There was a thread on the (Thai) ranger forum a while ago about the bluetooth and voice control, seems like one of the guys there was trying to fit the bluetooth module to his XLT. Not sure exact details, or outcome either for that matter, but this is what he was after;

Nokia RX-1C Part NO : 4M5T-19G488-AV

post-30245-0-22101400-1356504286_thumb.j

Also, the phone Microphone mounted on the ceiling is Part NO: 4M5T-19A39-1AA.

Not sure if after all of that, would have then had to buy a new steering wheel (where the voice control activation is on the WT).

I have purchased wildtrak headlights/tailights/puddle lamp mirrors ans roof rails. from a ford dealer in BKK,

I will check the microcat when I get back to work to see if I can find you the part numbers for the WT Rollbar.

Afraid that it will be carryboy instead. Went to the ford dealer yesterday and they told me that WT roof rails + WT rollbar cost together appr. 50 to 60K :(. Carryboy 15k or so for the rollbar....

There was a thread on the (Thai) ranger forum a while ago about the bluetooth and voice control, seems like one of the guys there was trying to fit the bluetooth module to his XLT. Not sure exact details, or outcome either for that matter, but this is what he was after;

Nokia RX-1C Part NO : 4M5T-19G488-AV

post-30245-0-22101400-1356504286_thumb.j

Also, the phone Microphone mounted on the ceiling is Part NO: 4M5T-19A39-1AA.

Not sure if after all of that, would have then had to buy a new steering wheel (where the voice control activation is on the WT).

I have the bluetooth bits. the show stopper is the dash wiring loom needs to be replaced as well. Ford list 5 different dash looms depending on spec required.

Does anyone have some info on the free First Class insurance from Ford?

Sales guy said that theft is only 200K insured and injuries to third parties only 15K per accident. That's ridiculous and don't think that can be correct. Are passengers insured as well?

Any info on the coverage policy will be much appreciated.

It is listed on the Ford microcat but is not a complete seat, you need to order the individual parts separately and I suspect will be a very expensive method of adding a seat that realistically does not get moved all that often.

Edited by Spoonman

Now that I have the camera/mirror on order the only other thing that would be nice to have on the 2.2 WT that is on the 3.2 is the 8 way power seat.

Spoonman or Gideon, any idea if that is available and the cost?

Sorry CDlinks. I have no idea. I do know that original Ford WT parts are very expensive. I asked for a quote on the WT Roll Bar and was told that this costs about 28K. A carryboy roll bar is only 10K+

It is listed on the Ford microcat but is not a complete seat, you need to order the individual parts separately and I suspect will be a very expensive method of adding a seat that realistically does not get moved all that often.

Yes I suspect it would be expensive. We have the power seat on the Pajero and it is a nice feature as both my wife and I do drive the same car sometimes and prefer different settings.

Just wondering on the cost, but realistically probably would not go that route.

Now that I have the camera/mirror on order the only other thing that would be nice to have on the 2.2 WT that is on the 3.2 is the 8 way power seat.

Spoonman or Gideon, any idea if that is available and the cost?

Sorry CDlinks. I have no idea. I do know that original Ford WT parts are very expensive. I asked for a quote on the WT Roll Bar and was told that this costs about 28K. A carryboy roll bar is only 10K+

I asked about the stainless steel roll bar you see in the brochures for the XLT. Over 16,000 baht. Guess they don't sell too many....

Ford called my wife and said the truck will arrive Friday, they want 400,000 baht to hold it until I get home.

We like you are out of the country and won't be back till the end of March. He (salesman) has informed us that he expects

delivery the end of Feb. but needs 300,000 to keep the order till we arrive. We have ordered a 3.2 WT. Good luck with

yours looking forward to your report.