Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gideon congratulations on your new ride !! Its looks good all the way over here in Ireland. I only hope that mine comes in Feb/March. Good luck with it and safe drivingthumbsup.gif ...Colin

Thanks Coling! I'm sure your Ranger will arrive soon and that you will have a lot of fun with it. Best wishes for 2013! Cheers :)

Good morning XLT!

Is it just me, or does the ranger look good in virtually all colours? This gold looks nice - common on other cars, but not seen it often on the ranger. The gun metal blue seems popular.

Yeah I'm really happy with the colour. At first not to sure what to expect but it turned out really nice. Under the carport it's rather grey / brown ish and in the sun it's more sparkly. Don't really like the gold on other models e.g. vigo and dmax but I think it makes the ranger looks tough (if doesn't look tough enough already).

I'm the third person in the province with this colour on the Ranger but the Ford Sales rep. said that many people changed their order to sparkling gold the last months.

I have to agree, that gold color is very nice. In the one shot it appears almost silver/grey....all depending on the light hitting it I guess. I ordered white as besides being cooler it does not tend to show the dust as bad a darker colors, but if a gold one shows up I would change for that I think.

Good choice Gideon.

Hi Gideon congratulations on your new ride !! Its looks good all the way over here in Ireland. I only hope that mine comes in Feb/March. Good luck with it and safe drivingthumbsup.gif ...Colin

Thanks Coling! I'm sure your Ranger will arrive soon and that you will have a lot of fun with it. Best wishes for 2013! Cheers smile.png

Gideon Thanks for the kind wishes and yes I will look forward to having fun as I have been getting out of reading this tread . So to all TV Ranger drivers and like me future ones good luck and a Happy New Year and safe driving in 2013thumbsup.gif .

Edited by blowin

Can someone pls tell me the difference between 'Open cab 2.2L Hi-Rider XLT' and 'Open cab 2.2L Hi-Rider Wildtrack'.

As far as i can make out from the website the only difference is the additional options, chasis / engine / dimensions the same. ( oh and of course the price difference ).

I'd ask in the showroom but i'd imagine there's a pretty good chance the sales people will know pretty much nothing! Better info on here.

Thanks.

Correct, the difference is non mechanical options (seats/steering wheel/Grille/No rear Bumper/Headlights/Taillights/Cruise Control/Bluetooth/USB/2 extra speakers etc etc) everything else (Chassis/engine/driveline) is the same.

Note the 2.2 Wildtrak does not get many of the 3.2 wildtrak features.

Edited by Spoonman

Correct, the difference is non mechanical options (seats/steering wheel/Grille/No rear Bumper/Headlights/Taillights/Cruise Control/Bluetooth/USB/2 extra speakers etc etc) everything else (Chassis/engine/driveline) is the same.

Thanks for that.

Is it also correct that this comes as open cab ( suicide doors )? The website says it does but the picture brings up a double cab??

Any idea what the waiting time is on this?

yes 2.2 open cab wildtrak is suicide door, as for waiting time I have no idea.

I really would like Ford to do the Open Cab Wildtrak in 3.2/ manual with all the fruit, I'll trade mine tomorrow.

Edited by Spoonman

That should read: No chrome rear bumper

The ones at my work have no bumper at all on the rear, and listed on the Ford Thailand website there is no rear bumper.

Edited by Spoonman

The ones at my work have no bumper at all on the rear, and listed on the Ford Thailand website there is no rear bumper.

Really? Looking at the gallery pictures on the Ford site as well as googled Wildtrak images all show a black bumper......

But you may be right, as I can't say for certain that I remember what I saw on the 3.2 WT at the dealer.

Really? Looking at the gallery pictures on the Ford site as well as googled Wildtrak images all show a black bumper......

But you may be right, as I can't say for certain that I remember what I saw on the 3.2 WT at the dealer.

Just went back thru this thread and post #55 shows a white WT ( what I have on order) with a black bumper. At least I think it shows that as the pic is not very good quality.

My month old 2.2 WT has a black rear bumper

NokiaX7351_zps31437f02.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

My month old 2.2 WT has a black rear bumper

NokiaX7351_zps31437f02.jpg

Cheers,

Pikey.

Nice truck.

How long did you have to wait for it? What location are you at in thailand?

Thanks.

Thanks J-L.

I ordered March 20th and received it November 30th. 2.2 litre 6AT. I'm in Chiang Mai and ordered it from the main dealer here.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Thanks for the info, don't suppose the guy mentioned whether a MT would be a shorter OR longer lead time?

I will go into showroom tomorrow once they're open again and ask and also make sure prices reflect what are currently on website.

No idea about the MT but FYI, I paid 869,000 for mine but I think there's been a price increase since then. I know Ford made a "price promise" to fulfill delayed orders at the original price but don't know when the cut off for that was.

If it's of any interest to anyone, I put 330k down from selling my D-Max and got the rest at 2.65% finance over 4 years which works out at 13k/month - bargain! ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

No idea about the MT but FYI, I paid 869,000 for mine but I think there's been a price increase since then. I know Ford made a "price promise" to fulfill delayed orders at the original price but don't know when the cut off for that was.

If it's of any interest to anyone, I put 330k down from selling my D-Max and got the rest at 2.65% finance over 4 years which works out at 13k/month - bargain! ;-)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Went into Ford showroom ( Pattaya ) this morning and put a 5K deposit down for a 2.2L open cab wildtrack. Price is 809K, lead time 6-7 months.

They don't offer many freebies with it and could not really be bothered hunting about at other branches to compare the difference, if any?

Staff know almost nothing about the vehicle and basically just want to sit about on their phones rather than make some commission......No vehicle available to test drive but this also does not surprise me, driven one already so it does not really matter.

There were about 10 Rangers out the back waiting to be collected, various models and colours.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Just for the sake of discussion, did you do the full maths? Over the whole duration of the finance, your cost of credit amounts to 57.134 THB. That is more like 10 % of the original amount financed (don't forget the interest are computed on the original amount and then paid during the whole duration of the credit).

In total, given the elements you provide, your full cost for the Ranger should be around 624.000 THB (on top of the 330.000 already paid as down payment). Total cost of acquisition: 954.000 THB w00t.gif For a car worth originally 869.000 THB. I guess that sometimes we do not really have a choice, when financing a car. bah.gif I remember my own dealer trying to get me to finance over 3 yrs instead of 2... LOL