Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Ford called my wife and said the truck will arrive Friday, they want 400,000 baht to hold it until I get home.

We like you are out of the country and won't be back till the end of March. He (salesman) has informed us that he expects

delivery the end of Feb. but needs 300,000 to keep the order till we arrive. We have ordered a 3.2 WT. Good luck with

yours looking forward to your report.

When the salesman called my wife he told her he wanted the 400,000 then, she asked when the truck will arrive and he said Friday. She told him that she was not handing over any money until she was able to see the truck and confirm it was the right model/color with no damage. He accepted that. I agree that once the truck arrives on the lot they will want some money to be sure that you will take delivery, but I can't see why they should get any money before hand. They might be just trying you on to get the 300,000 now, after all you already made the down payment, that should be enough to hold the position.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is listed on the Ford microcat but is not a complete seat, you need to order the individual parts separately and I suspect will be a very expensive method of adding a seat that realistically does not get moved all that often.

Exactly! My stripper girlfriend in the US acquired a Lexus and boasted of the 32 individually programmable drivers seat settings. Like you are going to let 31 other people drive your Lexus!

Ford called my wife and said the truck will arrive Friday, they want 400,000 baht to hold it until I get home.

We like you are out of the country and won't be back till the end of March. He (salesman) has informed us that he expects

delivery the end of Feb. but needs 300,000 to keep the order till we arrive. We have ordered a 3.2 WT. Good luck with

Does this salesman want the 300k now or when the truck arrives end of Feb? Your initial deposit is all that is needed to keep your booking and asking for 300k ahead of a 'possible' end of Feb delivery is a bit cheeky. Having said that, the demand for 3.2 WT's is already well documented and 5000 baht will not hold the car if they have other wait-listers that have the cash and/or pass the finance approvals. If there's any chance to talk to the Head of Sales and make an arrangement for an inter-bank transfer of 300k once the car is there, that may be an agreeable solution and really easy if you already have a Thai bank account. You may also need to enlist the help of a friend already in Thailand that can go and verify that your car is there with the all the right options, including chosen color. That last item seems to be rather hit or miss when it comes to getting what you want, when you want.

Does this salesman want the 300k now or when the truck arrives end of Feb? Your initial deposit is all that is needed to keep your booking and asking for 300k ahead of a 'possible' end of Feb delivery is a bit cheeky. Having said that, the demand for 3.2 WT's is already well documented and 5000 baht will not hold the car if they have other wait-listers that have the cash and/or pass the finance approvals. If there's any chance to talk to the Head of Sales and make an arrangement for an inter-bank transfer of 300k once the car is there, that may be an agreeable solution and really easy if you already have a Thai bank account. You may also need to enlist the help of a friend already in Thailand that can go and verify that your car is there with the all the right options, including chosen color. That last item seems to be rather hit or miss when it comes to getting what you want, when you want.

Sorry my comments were not very clear. The truck will be due in the garage the end of Feb. and when it arrives than he is looking for the 300k. My mother in law will than go and inspect and than hand over the money and yes before you ask I do some times trust the mother in law lol. The color is black chosen by a monk for us I know I know I used to fight this stuff but I go with the flow now.

Now that I have the camera/mirror on order the only other thing that would be nice to have on the 2.2 WT that is on the 3.2 is the 8 way power seat.

Spoonman or Gideon, any idea if that is available and the cost?

Sorry CDlinks. I have no idea. I do know that original Ford WT parts are very expensive. I asked for a quote on the WT Roll Bar and was told that this costs about 28K. A carryboy roll bar is only 10K+

I asked about the stainless steel roll bar you see in the brochures for the XLT. Over 16,000 baht. Guess they don't sell too many....

The ford snorkel was 17K last time I checked. I reckon a safari snorkel would not be more than 6-7k.

Sorry my comments were not very clear. The truck will be due in the garage the end of Feb. and when it arrives than he is looking for the 300k. My mother in law will than go and inspect and than hand over the money and yes before you ask I do some times trust the mother in law lol. The color is black chosen by a monk for us I know I know I used to fight this stuff but I go with the flow now.

OK, well then yes, I think that is a reasonable request from the dealer to hold the truck on site for a month. I'm going to use the time it is sitting at the dealer to have the window film installed as that takes a week to cure before you can use the windows anyway.

I asked Spoonman about tint and he has 80%, our Pajero has 40% which my wife says is not enough. I think 80% is too much for safe night time use, so will probably go with max 60%. Anyone care to comment?

I asked Spoonman about tint and he has 80%, our Pajero has 40% which my wife says is not enough. I think 80% is too much for safe night time use, so will probably go with max 60%. Anyone care to comment?

I have 40% front and 60% sides and back. It was darker than what I was used to (40% all round on the CR-V) but I have got used to it now. The only thing I don't like is the very dark plastic wind/rain-shield that was also fitted over the window openings as part of my tinting package. The one on the driver side makes for a huge blind-spot in conjunction with the tint, offside front A-pillar and big wing mirror pod. I usually crack the window down a few inches when making right turns at junctions at night. I will be taking them all off one of these days.

100 pages! Well done chaps. Loads of good owner-driver info in this thread.

I have 40% front and 60% sides and back. It was darker than what I was used to (40% all round on the CR-V) but I have got used to it now. The only thing I don't like is the very dark plastic wind/rain-shield that was also fitted over the window openings as part of my tinting package. The one on the driver side makes for a huge blind-spot in conjunction with the tint, offside front A-pillar and big wing mirror pod. I usually crack the window down a few inches when making right turns at junctions at night. I will be taking them all off one of these days.

Thanks NanLaew, I will not get those rain shields anyway, I have never liked the looks of those things on any car. I have had a look at the 3M website and the Crystalline film that they have does look like a very good product. Great heat/UV reflectiveness without sacrificing vision. According to the website it would be about 20,000 baht to do all the windows, so not cheap. We had a look at our original contract and it does say that they have thrown in window tint, but I'm pretty sure it won't be brand name (3m or others). My wife will ask what the budget is on their window tint.

Freebies included on the 2.2 WT are:

Window film

Floor mats

Wax job

Car cover

1000 baht fuel

Thanks NanLaew, I will not get those rain shields anyway, I have never liked the looks of those things on any car. I have had a look at the 3M website and the Crystalline film that they have does look like a very good product. Great heat/UV reflectiveness without sacrificing vision. According to the website it would be about 20,000 baht to do all the windows, so not cheap. We had a look at our original contract and it does say that they have thrown in window tint, but I'm pretty sure it won't be brand name (3m or others). My wife will ask what the budget is on their window tint.

Window film

Floor mats

Wax job

Car cover

1000 baht fuel

I got 3M 60% around,but windshield only 15% and it's sufficient...

Window film

Floor mats

Wax job

Car cover

1000 baht fuel

Which 3M product did you get? I noticed on the 3M website that they grade the film in the opposite manner than what I expected. When they say grade 70 for example it means that 70% of the light can still pass thru. I was always under the impression that 70% meant that it kept out 70% of the light/vision. So on the 3M (Crystalline) site, the higher the number the lighter the film. The darkest they have is 40 and the lightest is 70.

Which 3M product did you get? I noticed on the 3M website that they grade the film in the opposite manner than what I expected. When they say grade 70 for example it means that 70% of the light can still pass thru. I was always under the impression that 70% meant that it kept out 70% of the light/vision. So on the 3M (Crystalline) site, the higher the number the lighter the film. The darkest they have is 40 and the lightest is 70.

Mine is 'regular' smoked 3M...not Crystalline...and 15% is the lightest,60% darker...before had 40/60 and this was to dark for the front.

You are correct about the ratings of the 3M Crystalline being opposite from most. I have C70 on the windshield and C40 on the sides and back. I love it. It’s noticeably cooler than the much darker Lamina I had on the old unit and visibility is much, much better. That said, if you want privacy, the Crystalline is probably not your best choice as it is easier to see through.

I have it on my new dmax 4-door, and it was 15K for the windshield, the four doors and the back window. It was another 4K for all the windows on the canopy after I had it installed.

You are correct about the ratings of the 3M Crystalline being opposite from most. I have C70 on the windshield and C40 on the sides and back. I love it. It’s noticeably cooler than the much darker Lamina I had on the old unit and visibility is much, much better. That said, if you want privacy, the Crystalline is probably not your best choice as it is easier to see through.

I have it on my new dmax 4-door, and it was 15K for the windshield, the four doors and the back window. It was another 4K for all the windows on the canopy after I had it installed.

Thanks very much for that report, just what I was looking for. I'm sold on the crystalline for sure now as I'm more interested in the light/heat reflectiveness than the privacy issue.

Thanks very much for that report, just what I was looking for. I'm sold on the crystalline for sure now as I'm more interested in the light/heat reflectiveness than the privacy issue.

The AC in the new Ranger is excellent. cools the truck very quickly after being parked in the sun.

The AC in the new Ranger is excellent. cools the truck very quickly after being parked in the sun.

Does it mean,that you don't have any(!) tint/film on your truck windows? giggle.gif

Does it mean,that you don't have any(!) tint/film on your truck windows? giggle.gif

Got the freebie from Ford. Don't see a need for the pricey, better quality film. Truck cools very quickly after being parked in the sun.

Got the freebie from Ford. Don't see a need for the pricey, better quality film. Truck cools very quickly after being parked in the sun.

There is a difference,but only justifiable by the size of ones pocket wink.png

Received my XLT Hi-rider on Friday. Clocked the first 150km already. Great truck! Also have 40% sides - 60% front & back free of charge. Will post some pics asap. The thing is HUGE. It hardly fits on my drive way.

They sprayed the whole car against rust and I 'ordered' the truck to be put on the bridge before me taking it home to check for any rust. Was some but they removed it / sprayed it.

Whooaa.....going for another spin around the 7/11