A Good Mouse Pad In Chiang Mai

DrAzTiK

I am not a gamer, so: What makes a mouse pad good for gaming?

I have a very nice pad made of some sort of soft foam with a textile smooth cover but I am not sure it would be great for precision (I am guessing) gaming.

Good Speed computer in Pantip CM near the escalator ground floor has a very fancy looking gaming mouse for sale, prominently displayed. HUGE box. It's either a Razer or a knock-off Razer but it's not cheap and it looks the business. I assume they also have pads from the same company, you might want to check that out. Good Speed has many branches in Pantip the one I mean is near the escalators on the left side of the building when you enter from the night bazaar side.

Don't know about opticals, but a cork floor tile was always the ONLY mouse pad I ever used with roller ball mice. With opticals you need to take your mouse to the shop with you and test it for speed and accuracy. See if you can find a piece of cork though, no reason it wouldn't work with optical.

Edited by Konini

IT City (Panthip Plaza, Airport Plaza or 'Central') sell plastic ones (cheap but work very well) with black surface containing tiny rough bits that optical mice can most easy accurately detect the movement over. The outer colour is dark translucent orange if you are looking for them. I'm not a gamer but do like a perfectly accurate mouse and this does the job that no other surface does for me. I'm using a Logitech laser mouse with it.

In Pantip Plaza in Chiang Mai, take the central elevator to the 2nd floor, then walk 10 metres to the small shop that's directly ahead, slightly to the right. Has laptops outside, but not as many as the bigger shop on the right.

Anyway, that's where I got my Razer Abyssus mouse from (was surprised to see it there), so maybe they have something like the Razer eXactMat also. Worth a try.

Just last week bought a Gaming Mouse Pad from IT City in Panthip Plaza.

"High Density Fibre Surface"

Non-slip rubber backing

Just under 12" x 10" (30cm x 25cm)

Very pleased with it so far.

However, cost 269 baht!

You have to look around IT City, they are not in an obvious place.

Also, seem to be going quickly.

Any one of the IT City outlets should carry them.