It'S Amazing How Much Cheaper Food Is In America Than Thailand

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure i can compile a list of things that are cheaper here in Thailand. Just face it Thailand is cheaper if you don't want European style products and adapt a bit to the local lifestyle.

If you want to live like an American / European in Thailand your going to pay a premium. You will have to live a while in Thailand to really know what is where.

I see the prices in Holland on a regular bases (do a lot of Dutch accounting for clients) so i know what i am talking about.

Most people like to burn Thailand after they have left just to justify leaving so it feels less as a failure. Same for the people who stay here they burn their home country. But truth be told you can live a lot cheaper in Thailand as in the US or Europe.

But its quite normal that you pay a premium for imported goods here. I can eat a good fried rice with a drink here for 47 baht. Now tell me about that in The USA what you will pay in a Thai restaurant.

If you compare things you should be fair in your comparison.

Steamed hotdog with salad and free water

20baht from the best in the country. (canada) 24/7

Chinese/thai/viet 24/7 restaurant. 100baht/meal or 250baht 3 plates with no MSG or excessive oils. 24/7..

Quality Chinese buffet with terrace on the busy hip and natury street of the old town, 300baht.

High end thai food. Combos are from 200 to 450baht for a FILLING meal.

Mcdonalds 30baht burgers when in a hurry

Tim hortons 100baht sandwiches

Every thai groceries cheaper than in thailand (even mama's) in chinese grocery store or small cambodian corner store, Squid, fish, meat, chicken about the same price but higher grade and fresher.

etc etc etc.

Only thing food wise that is cheaper in thailand is the local fruits and cheap basic thai meals full of oils/MSG which are better home made anyways. and street soups.

Dont forget all the $ you waste here in water instead of using TAP.

Only way for thailand to be cheaper is if you are

a) whore monger

B) living in the sticks, then you get a nice house and land for really cheap

c)looking for year round tropical leisure lifestyle(cheaper in many countries though now that the island are getting more expensive by the day)

d)full time retired golfer

e)uneducated teacher who would have to work at mcdonalds in his country

That's all i can think off...

Most people should not come here to save money

a) whore monger (nope i am not)

B) living in the sticks, then you get a nice house and land for really cheap (i live a little bit outside bkk)

c)looking for year round tropical leisure lifestyle(cheaper in many countries though now that the island are getting more expensive by the day) (yes i love it here)

d)full time retired golfer (nope)

e)uneducated teacher who would have to work at mcdonalds in his country (educated accountant here)

But you are still comparing non native dishes with dishes that are normal / native.

How much is Thai food in your chosen country and how much is it here ? ehhhhhhhh fail

Spending money on water.. i got a filtration system works much better and does not cost much once it is installed.

Yes of course you should compare local fruits and veggies with the local fruits and veggies in other countries. Else you are not taking in account transportation costs and import taxes. Duhh. bet you never studied economics.

Compare meat here with meat in other places.

Mc Donalds here is still seen as higher up food so more expensive. It falls here in an other segment as at home. Bet you never thought of that.

Comparing bread costs in a country that is a rice country.. not so smart.

Eat as a Thai or cook Thai food yourself and you will see the price difference. All your examples you fail.

It seems you just want to live an European lifestyle in Thailand... that is going to cost you extra money. If Thailand is so expensive try giving 10.000 bt to a family in your chosen country and let them make due with it. Its a standard salary in Thailand and people make due with it.

As i work in economics and investments and own a Thai restaurant, this reply made me laugh all the way down to my ass.

i clearly stated that thai food is cheaper in my country than here, as far as street level thai food. Who cares? its unhealthy. that means the equal comparison is fast food. Canadian fast food is as healthy, more filling and tastes a lot better than oily khao pat or kapow. I can make it with any kind of imported rice from the asian stores which will cost me less than in Thailand. My woman cooked a lot of thai in canada and it was much cheaper than here.

Of course someone undernourished who would fail a health test as bad as a fat American can live off his whole life off three 30baht meals a day here and be fine. But his brain cells will suffer, his muscle mass will suffer, his concentration will be nonexistent. If i eat at a small roadside thai restaurant i need to spend minimum 150baht on myself to allow my body to function properly while in Canada i can go as low as 75-100baht. And no i am not fat, i am 68kg with 6.5% bodyfat.

Rice isnt really food, its a filling. They are used to rice because they are poor and have no choice to put a ton of it on food to be able to keep going on during the day. It's not "REALLY FOOD" rice meals are like slim fasts.. Would you use slim fast to compare food between an arab country and a western country? no. So use a normal non-rice meal for thais

Sumtam+a fish. thats 100-115baht + 20baht water(free water is not that common outside of roadside noodles nowadays), not 30baht. Real average meals are not cheaper in Thailand.

I dont know what you are trying to say about mcdonalds but KFC is some of the cheapest food in thailand.. Cheaper than eating at a thai market. You clearly make no sense about the fastfood.

Meat is meat anywhere, you can compare it.

and on a final note, making due is not living. Its merely existing.

I like living here but it's definitely not cheaper, no matter the lifestyle as long as its not a downgraded minimalistic lifestyle or country life. I pity anyone trying to justify to themselves and everyone around that living like a poor thai man is the best feeling in the world..

I hope the leaders of any country don't have to ask advice economic from you..

You just said you needed 5 x 30 bht meals to feel full?????? - Go into a food court in on e of the major shopping centers and you could be

full on about 35-60 Baht easily and healthily. Ask for stir fried vegetables if you want.. But maybe this

low class Thai food isn't for you..

KFC is the cheapest food in Thailand, cheaper than a Thai market????????

I think your mathematical abilities are messing up your conversion rates..

I live a way better lifestyle here on about 30,000 baht a month than I did in Sydney for about 90,000 a month (don't drink or party that much in either country)

I live in better accommodation, eat healthier and cheaper food (in restaurants as opposed to cooking at home -which I don't have to clean up after I've finished)

and get about 2-3 massages a week (which was about once every month or two in Australia).. My 18,000 baht motorbike's tyre costs

120 baht to replace and the list goes on...

I could tell you the price of nearly everything in Thailand.

You could live in a great lifestyle without working in Bangkok for about $10,000 a year or about $8,000 in Chiang Mai.. Hard to beat...

Pretty good, mst. I've got quite a few friends in Thailand, and I can honestly say that I've never seen any of their bedsheets. Perhaps we haven't properly bonded...

Or perhaps, the next time you visit, just leave a light on. :-)

So many posts compare this to that or what ever and most are not direct comparisons like one guy said he can rent dvds online cheaper than going to the theater in Thailand and save money doing auto repairs at home... No shit!

Lets just look at an over all comparison, I am retired from the US Navy no living comfortably in Thailand in a nice house in a community with security clean, pool, gardener and onsite maintenance techs. I eat well, have gained weight, I enjoy a couple nights out a week at the movies bars or whatever. I watch cable TV while surfing the internet at home and enjoy the bananas i pick from my tree. I fill the tank on my bike and keep it maintained for reliable transportation. While slightly less, I still invest money in my retirement account and other investments. I think you would be hard pressed to be able to live on a military retirement in the US.

You just said you needed 5 x 30 bht meals to feel full?????? - Go into a food court in on e of the major shopping centers and you could be

full on about 35-60 Baht easily and healthily. Ask for stir fried vegetables if you want.. But maybe this

I live a way better lifestyle here on about 30,000 baht a month than I did in Sydney for about 90,000 a month (don't drink or party that much in either country)

I live in better accommodation, eat healthier and cheaper food (in restaurants as opposed to cooking at home -which I don't have to clean up after I've finished)

and get about 2-3 massages a week (which was about once every month or two in Australia).. My 18,000 baht motorbike's tyre costs

You could live in a great lifestyle without working in Bangkok for about $10,000 a year or about $8,000 in Chiang Mai.. Hard to beat...

that's the thing.

you're trying to beat your uneducated lifestyle in AUS with thailand, thats easy to do.. 90 000baht in the west per month pre-tax is considered dirt poor. After 1 year at mcdonalds fulltime, you'd make more than this. (with promotions u can hit almost 20$ an hour) by removing nails from wood you make about 20-25$ an hour if you work hard, by working retail you can easly get up to 70-100k a year if you work yourself to death and make 40-50k if you're a lazy bum which is 90k+ a month

Im not trying to beat anything, im talking about a nromal lifestyle where you don't count your pennies.

Edited by notbritish

Sorry I donot know american prices that well but I have an idea of Canadas and it is on the same continent. To eat as healthy in Thailand as I do in Canada I either have to cook at home,same as Canada or pay more in restaurants here that do cook healthy. Pork,chicken here isnot any cheaper and I cannot the cuts I grew up with. Beef I donot even touch it here any more. Fish I can purchase here would be considered bait fish back in Canada, maybe something to put in the crab trap. So to compare is hard. The only way Thailand is cheaper for food is to eat in cheap Thai restaurants and eat Thai food and get used to sharp bones from the meat and fish when you chew and eat vegetables you donot know the name of or recognise. So in conclusion for American meals with American ingredients America is far cheaper than Thailand., to eat Thai style cooking in cheap restaurants in Thailand a person can eat cheaper than America, but it is a totally different diet.

Let's just face it - Thailand is extremely expensive in some aspects. I've been involved in discussions with forum members before and argued that Thailand can be both extremely expensive and cheap at the same time. But if you're planning to maintain the same type of life you had in Europe or US you'll have to pay for it due to the taxation on imported goods and similar. If you are willing to eat street food and dress in knock-off clothes; then Thailand is really cheap. Want to drive a European car, drink nice wine and Champagne and dress in European fashion; you'll end up paying a lot more than you would in, for instance, Europe.

What is interesting is that some posters claim that Thailand is cheaper in every aspect. I just can't understand how someone can make that statement, it's like claiming the earth is flat. Remarkable.

Agree. Bottom line is Thailand can be very cheap if you live like a Thai from Isan.

How obvious is it that farang styled items and equipment or fashions are going to be comparably priced to overseas? Processed food found in supermarkets are a modern invention and predominate in "developed" countries. Buying lots of fruit and veges, with no packaging or processing, or clothing from local markets will significantly reduce the cost of living in Thailand.

Seriously you are right-do people really think about what they are saying sometimes???laugh.gif

Let's just face it - Thailand is extremely expensive in some aspects. I've been involved in discussions with forum members before and argued that Thailand can be both extremely expensive and cheap at the same time. But if you're planning to maintain the same type of life you had in Europe or US you'll have to pay for it due to the taxation on imported goods and similar. If you are willing to eat street food and dress in knock-off clothes; then Thailand is really cheap. Want to drive a European car, drink nice wine and Champagne and dress in European fashion; you'll end up paying a lot more than you would in, for instance, Europe.

What is interesting is that some posters claim that Thailand is cheaper in every aspect. I just can't understand how someone can make that statement, it's like claiming the earth is flat. Remarkable.

Agree. Bottom line is Thailand can be very cheap if you live like a Thai from Isan.

How obvious is it that farang styled items and equipment or fashions are going to be comparably priced to overseas? Processed food found in supermarkets are a modern invention and predominate in "developed" countries. Buying lots of fruit and veges, with no packaging or processing, or clothing from local markets will significantly reduce the cost of living in Thailand.

Seriously you are right-do people really think about what they are saying sometimes???laugh.gif

Another bottom line: If you wish to live like a Farang, with the expected Western needs and wants of respected comfort level, then one probably needs to reside in the Farangville of your choice. Cancels out any such contradictory and comparatives that one insist on applying.

snapback.pngMidnite80, on 2011-04-17 17:09:08, said:

that's the thing.

you're trying to beat your uneducated lifestyle in AUS with thailand, thats easy to do.. 90 000baht in the west per month pre-tax is considered dirt poor. After 1 year at mcdonalds fulltime, you'd make more than this. (with promotions u can hit almost 20$ an hour) by removing nails from wood you make about 20-25$ an hour if you work hard, by working retail you can easly get up to 70-100k a year if you work yourself to death and make 40-50k if you're a lazy bum which is 90k+ a month

Im not trying to beat anything, im talking about a nromal lifestyle where you don't count your pennies.

This post has been edited by notbritish: Today, 20:04

<deleted>??? Full attack.. Thank you.. Uneducated? You can tell by that Email? Ummm, let me explain myself. I meant 90,000 is how much the lifestyle would have cost me, not the salary I earnt.. I didn't factor in the mortgage repayments etc as I had make the comparison fair as I'm not paying off a Thai property while being here. Actually I'm still paying of the Australian property hence the penny counting.. I earn't a salary quite a bit above average for the last 8 years, hence why I can relax in Thailand off my savings so easily. Would only last a quarter of the time back home.

But whether you are counting your pennies or as rich as yourself.. It is still a cheaper lifestyle in Thailand. Using Imported goods as benchmarks is a ridiculous strategy. Just use the same basket of goods economists use and we will have our answers...

Although I agree with many ofher things you say I disagree that you can't get a nice place for under 5 k baht. I have a nice big corner room in a Thai hotel and my monthly rent is under 4 k baht. including electricity and water. It has a small fridge, air con (that works) and internet that sometimes works. I even have a view. And, I'm only a mile from the heart of Chiang Mai.

Does your Mom know how messy your room is? :D

And do you honestly think those 'fresh' fruit and veg are good for you even though they're covered in pesticides that have been banned in the West?

Had to laugh when a restaurant opened up nearby with its biggest selling point being "no MSG's"!

@notbritish- you wouldnt happen to be my ex-wife BTW? The dialogue sounds familiar.

im definitely not from the bars

Ex :) great comeback though.

You know what they say: "You can take the boy out of the bar, but you can't take the bar-girl out of his bed." :whistling:

Go to Bayon Market in Phnom Penh and compare prices of imported foods with those available in Western style supermarkets in Thailand.

Everything is cheaper; cheese, breads, wines, spirits, cans, sauces, soft drinks etc. And there is a comparible selection.

I would love to know why that is considering the logistics of importing into Cambo must be more expensive, significantly so, than to Thailand.

I don't believe logistics has anything to do with the prices of Western Imported food in Thailand. The prices are based on the fact that the supermarkets and the import companies know that the largest market is expats, and I'm sure that everyone is well aware that money grows on trees in the Western Countries. The shelf prices are based on the HIGHEST the expats can possibly endure without walking out in disgust.

Pick up a box of say... Captain Crunch at Villa. You could feed your whole family T-bone steaks for the same price. There's no-way, even with the logistics involved, that the prices are a true reflection of the value of the product, but with the import companies holding a monopoly, you pay, or do without.

Another trick they pull (particularly Villa), is selling products by bulk, or larger numbers. Most expats have been conditioned to believe (and it is the case) that if you by a large number of a single item the price goes down. Next time you go to Villa take a calculator with you. You'll find they actually charge MORE. Most expats presume it's cheaper so don't even check.

Pick up a box of say... Captain Crunch at Villa. You could feed your whole family T-bone steaks for the same price.

Not in Thailand you can't. Why do you think that they are going to import all this stuff just for a small number of farangs and not try to make a profit on it. Personally, I rather have this stuff available for a markup than not at all.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if I could get imported items for the same price as at home despite import duties and shipping and such, but it does not seem very logical to me.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I don't believe ad hominem attacks are necessary or appropriate; although they are all too common on this forum. If you do not believe the OP's opinion, why not provide an argument of facts that relate to the premise that some food products are cheaper in the United States?

Fresh young coconuts - 10 baht in Thailand

(Old) young coconuts imported into America - 60 baht.

Edited by craigt3365
Derogatory Post Removed

Pick up a box of say... Captain Crunch at Villa. You could feed your whole family T-bone steaks for the same price.

Not in Thailand you can't. Why do you think that they are going to import all this stuff just for a small number of farangs and not try to make a profit on it. Personally, I rather have this stuff available for a markup than not at all.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if I could get imported items for the same price as at home despite import duties and shipping and such, but it does not seem very logical to me.

Sure, but why are IMPORTED Thai rice noodles, coconut milk, jars of spice paste, etc. so incredibly cheap in the USA? I really don't understand that.

OK, maybe a T-bone might be a stretch but I bought 3 moderate sized Italian-Thai sirloin steaks, potatoes (for mashing), frozen mixed vegetables, and gravy mix for less that the price of one box of cereal. Actually that was the reason I went there in the first place because my daughter loves steak. While I was there I thought maybe I'd pick up a box of sugar coated cereal, because my daughter has never even heard of any of them, so I thought it would be a treat. When I saw the price I just went Whaoooooh, no-way, heaven forbid she might like them. At that point I decided she will lead a deprived childhood until she can afford to pay herself.

That would be your loss, UG. Missing out on that flavourful and nutritious Cap'n Crunch.:whistling:

I dont understand you Americans , I have been to your country and it isnt a lot of healthy food around. On every street corner there is a fast food chain .

Yes you have som fancy restaurants where you can eat healthy food if you are willing to pay for it.

Most of the Asian food we have in Thailand is healthy and fresh .

If processed frozen food is your thing then fine you can find a lot of that in the US supermarkets and every home needs a microwave.

American cuisine? Its non existent.

And dont tell me that food is cheaper in America. Try the food courts in any shopping mall here in Bangkok , you pay 30-60 baht for really tasty food that is good for your health. You can keep your fat greasy burgers , we dont need them.

I can only vouch for Australia and Europe but it's much cheaper in Thailand in nearly every possible aspect. First when comparing restaurants, you can't compare Sukumvit Rd hotel food with eating a sandwich from your local supermarket and if you do, usually it will still be more expensive in the supermarket anyway. How about comparing local goods.

These are all Bangkok prices, most things are 25-50% cheaper in other parts of Thailand. Oh and I am not speaking about prices that you pay freshly of the boat as you hit the scouts and tourist areas.

Clothes:

Good quality clothes (not big named brands like Calvin Klein but brands like you find in A2Z and other Thai branded designer shops?) a third of the price here.

Food and drink:

Thailand is quarter of the prices of back home.

If you shop at Tops (expect to pay rediculous prices) - Tescos, big C = better prices.

Ok, so there is a better selection of Western foods with cheaper prices in the West. ie cheese

( It's not rocket science - it's supply and demand). I love Thai food and eat that 90% of the time,

even back home.

325 ml coke Thailand = 13 baht \ Australia = 80 baht

Pad Thai Thailand = 35-50 baht\Australia - 350-500 baht (any meal in a restaurant will cost you this (unless it's Mcdonalds)

Services:

1 hour Massage Average Thailand 120-250 baht \ Aus 1500-2000 baht

Haircuts = 1/4 of the prices

Accommodation:

1 bedroom unit with decent view, gym, pool, security 15 minutes from city center for 1 month Thailand 7000 Baht \ Australia = 50000 BHT

Travel:

Taxi, bus, plain... Do I need to say more....

Well said I think that answers everything

You forgot to mention beer that is so much cheaper in Thailand to :lol:

I dont understand you Americans , I have been to your country and it isnt a lot of healthy food around. On every street corner there is a fast food chain .

Sounds like you spent your entire trip in Myrtle Beach and never left the board walk. You need to visit San Francisco, New York or New Orleans and open your eyes.

A small selection of America's "non-existent" cuisine. :whistling:

•New York pizza

•Hoppin' John

•New Mexico green chile

•Homemade buttermilk biscuits

•Tasso

•Whole Maine lobster

•Calabash-style shrimp and hushpuppies

•Kansas City barbecue ribs

•Hot glazed Krispy Kreme

•San Diego fish tacos

•Cheese curds

•Key lime pie

•Philly cheese steak

•Memphis pork barbecue sandwich

•Lowcountry boil

•Huckleberry pie

•New England clam chowder

•Boiled peanuts

•Buffalo burger

•Eggs Benedict

•Pastrami on rye

•Corned beef and cabbage

•Pancakes with maple syrup

•Everything bagel with cream cheese and tomato

•Thin Mints (preferably frozen)

•Frito pie

•Potato knish with mustard

•Silver Queen corn on the cob

•Soft pretzel from a street cart

•Fresh-picked blueberries

•Sourwood honey

•State fair funnel cake

•Chesapeake crab cakes

•Candied yams

•Oyster dressing

•Snow cone or snowball

•Wild Alaskan salmon

•Sautéed morels

•Persimmon pudding

•General Tso's Chicken

•Frozen custard

•Italian sausage with peppers and onions on a hoagie bun

•Chili dog

•Buffalo wings with blue cheese

•Spam musubi

•Saltwater taffy

•Fluffernutter sandwich on Wonder Bread

•Black and white cookie

•Frybread

•BLT with thick-cut applewood bacon

•Baked beans

•Pumpkin pie

•Collards with vinegar and Tabasco

•Tex-Mex fajitas with skirt steak and sautéed peppers

•Fried green tomatoes

•Succotash

•Shrimp and grits

•Hot water cornbread

•Barbecue chicken pizza with red onions

•Chicken fried steak

•Carnitas burrito

•Apple butter

•Geoduck

•Soft-serve ice cream cone dipped in chocolate shell (especially Dairy Queen)

•Pecan pie

•Catfish supper at a church or fire station

•Oysters Rockefeller

•Homemade cranberry sauce •Pimiento cheese

•MoonPie washed down with R.C. Cola

•Pickled watermelon rind

•Cracker Jacks at the ball game

•Smithfield ham

•Meatloaf and mashed potato blue plate special at diner

•Chicken and waffles

•Po'Boy

•Green bean casserole with French's fried onions

•Stuffed sopaipillas

•Turducken

•Shad roe on toast

•Sweet potato casserole with or without marshmallows

•Cioppino

•New York cheesecake

•Pan-fried river trout

•Jambalaya

•North Carolina pig pickin'

•California rolls

•Burgoo

•Penuche fudge

•Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (the Elvis)

•Scrapple or livermush

•Elk medallions in red wine reduction

•Muscadine grapes

•Cheeseburger at backyard barbecue

•Open-face turkey sandwich

•Chicago deep dish pizza

•Cobb salad

•Peach pie a la mode

•Macaroni and cheese with Tillamook sharp cheddar

•Root beer float

Several off topic and derogatory posts have been removed. The topic is:

It'S Amazing How Much Cheaper Food Is In America Than Thailand I don't remember it this way

Jeez guys, this is not about bashing a country or it's citizens. Let's keep this thread civil AND open AND on topic, please. :jap:

Several off topic and derogatory posts have been removed. The topic is:

It'S Amazing How Much Cheaper Food Is In America Than Thailand I don't remember it this way

Jeez guys, this is not about bashing a country or it's citizens. Let's keep this thread civil AND open AND on topic, please. :jap:

USA #1 baby. Sorry you guys are poor :)

America!!!

We have everything.

Were rich farangs.

Food, lads, food. Remember the topic.

I wish I could target my wind-up posts so well. Ms T seems to have touched a particularly sensitive nerve with his facetious comment

I'm not sure he ever claimed to have better cars or culture or history or health; just cheaper Thai food products.

To be honest, cheap Thai processed food products would not be sufficient for me to move to the US, but the lesser number of irritable and unreasonable expats is a temptation...

SC

Edited by craigt3365
Derogatory Post Removed

To me it works both ways. I lived in Thailand for a year and a half, recently. When I was trying to buy something "Western", it was expensive. Back here in the States (Colorado), when I try to buy Thai food items, much more expensive. A rice cooker -- here in the States much more expensive.

Sounds like you spent your entire trip in Myrtle Beach and never left the board walk. You need to visit San Francisco, New York or New Orleans and open your eyes.

A small selection of America's "non-existent" cuisine. :whistling:

•New York pizza

•Hoppin' John

•New Mexico green chile

•Homemade buttermilk biscuits

•Tasso

•Whole Maine lobster

•Calabash-style shrimp and hushpuppies

•Kansas City barbecue ribs

•Hot glazed Krispy Kreme

•San Diego fish tacos

•Cheese curds

•Key lime pie

•Philly cheese steak

•Memphis pork barbecue sandwich

•Lowcountry boil

•Huckleberry pie

•New England clam chowder

•Boiled peanuts

•Buffalo burger

•Eggs Benedict

•Pastrami on rye

•Corned beef and cabbage

•Pancakes with maple syrup

•Everything bagel with cream cheese and tomato

•Thin Mints (preferably frozen)

•Frito pie

•Potato knish with mustard

•Silver Queen corn on the cob

•Soft pretzel from a street cart

•Fresh-picked blueberries

•Sourwood honey

•State fair funnel cake

•Chesapeake crab cakes

•Candied yams

•Oyster dressing

•Snow cone or snowball

•Wild Alaskan salmon

•Sautéed morels

•Persimmon pudding

•General Tso's Chicken

•Frozen custard

•Italian sausage with peppers and onions on a hoagie bun

•Chili dog

•Buffalo wings with blue cheese

•Spam musubi

•Saltwater taffy

•Fluffernutter sandwich on Wonder Bread

•Black and white cookie

•Frybread

•BLT with thick-cut applewood bacon

•Baked beans

•Pumpkin pie

•Collards with vinegar and Tabasco

•Tex-Mex fajitas with skirt steak and sautéed peppers

•Fried green tomatoes

•Succotash

•Shrimp and grits

•Hot water cornbread

•Barbecue chicken pizza with red onions

•Chicken fried steak

•Carnitas burrito

•Apple butter

•Geoduck

•Soft-serve ice cream cone dipped in chocolate shell (especially Dairy Queen)

•Pecan pie

•Catfish supper at a church or fire station

•Oysters Rockefeller

•Homemade cranberry sauce •Pimiento cheese

•MoonPie washed down with R.C. Cola

•Pickled watermelon rind

•Cracker Jacks at the ball game

•Smithfield ham

•Meatloaf and mashed potato blue plate special at diner

•Chicken and waffles

•Po'Boy

•Green bean casserole with French's fried onions

•Stuffed sopaipillas

•Turducken

•Shad roe on toast

•Sweet potato casserole with or without marshmallows

•Cioppino

•New York cheesecake

•Pan-fried river trout

•Jambalaya

•North Carolina pig pickin'

•California rolls

•Burgoo

•Penuche fudge

•Fried peanut butter and banana sandwich (the Elvis)

•Scrapple or livermush

•Elk medallions in red wine reduction

•Muscadine grapes

•Cheeseburger at backyard barbecue

•Open-face turkey sandwich

•Chicago deep dish pizza

•Cobb salad

•Peach pie a la mode

•Macaroni and cheese with Tillamook sharp cheddar

•Root beer float

Mmm , but you forgot Niagarra Leaping Fisheroo and Eskimo Skinned Polar Ribs not to mention Boston Crispy Scroat all packaged and frozen for convenience . Gawd bless the conveyor belt .