Best Bacon,Onion Burger W/ Home Cut Fries In Town!

yesterday

The very best bacon, cheese burger (w/grilled onions) and home cut fries in town!! Crispy bacon,cheese on a home made type bun w/ burger ground in house from fillet with a pile of fresh cut fries for 129.00 baht !!Thank you Thai Visa again! This is what forums are all about for food hounds finding a tasty value !!One line in a thread few months ago quietly quipped ..."try Sahara for great burger" ... It is upscale,new, clean surroundings .One other item on menu was the marinated beef which comes out on a metal skewer ,this was good and very impressive .You can be on a budget and impress you gals at this place! Nothing over 200 baht except the steak i think @ 250baht.

enjoy!!

Edited by yesterday

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure about that, never been to "Jewish place" and never ordered Hummus/pita at Sahara.

I can stand by what i ate though three times, the bacon,cheese burger with grill onions w/ home cut fat fries also a thousand island side comes with it. I ask for mayo and cut raw onions too. Now i want to eat!!

Not too sure about that, never been to "Jewish place" and never ordered Hummus/pita at Sahara.

I can stand by what i ate though three times, the bacon,cheese burger with grill onions w/ home cut fat fries also a thousand island side come with it, i ask for mayo and cut raw onions too. Now i want to eat!!

Location/directions please...I'm starving :w00t:

I can stand by what i ate though three times, the bacon,cheese burger with grill onions w/ home cut fat fries also a thousand island side come with it, i ask for mayo and cut raw onions too. Now i want to eat!!

Neimenhamin rd.(sp) directly across the street from the college bar Warm Up! If you go at night, (which I did first time at 10:30 p.m. on a Friday) you will see many ,many beautiful girls walking down street going to Warm Up.

Once the Thai people discover this tasty treat it will get very interesting. There is a good Thai , western menu and a middle east? menu. Not sure about middle east menu but good photos .Try the bacon cheese burger for it can do no wrong it is just good!! The bacon ,cheese burger has been bery, bery good to me!!

Edited by sbk

neimenhamin rd.(sp) directly across from the college bar Warm Up! If you go at night which I did first time at10:30 p.m. on a Friday you will see many ,many beautiful girls walking down street going to Warm Up.

Once the Thai people discover this tasty treat it will get very interesting. There is a good Thai menue, western menu and a middle east? menu. Good photos .Try the bacon cheese burger for it can do no wrong!! One of the best in the world for the money. Maybe even not for the money,it is justs good!! The bacon ,chesse burger has been bery, bery good to me!!

Stop it you're killing me!!:crying: Thanks for the info, will be giving it a go tonight... maybe even sooner :rolleyes:

JL

Edited by sbk

Stop it you're killing me!!:crying: Thanks for the info, will be giving it a go tonight... maybe even sooner :rolleyes:

JL

Tell your waiter how you like the burger cooked! Myself it must be "suk,suk??"sook ,sook"? well, cooked medium well . second time i did not tell them it came out pinkish quickly sent it back but I keep my fries and pigged on them while i waited for my medium well bacon,onion, cheese burger w/ mayo and sliced raw onion on the side.

Ohhhhh, you lot are terrible.

You are describing my 2nd favourite meal. If I'm ever on death row my last meal will be steak, eggs, chips. Oh dear me, I'm off to cook now. grrrr.

Edited by Wallaby

dont bother if you want a burger go to dukes why waste your time driving around the city looking for good food for the money you can not beat the dukes

patty melt is the best thing in a bun you can get in town without anyone coming even close

you wasted your time in the rest now try the best

dont bother if you want a burger go to dukes why waste your time driving around the city looking for good food for the money you can not beat the dukes

patty melt is the best thing in a bun you can get in town without anyone coming even close

Thank's for the info. I have been starving for a long time. But now I know where to go. Thank's again. :)

Sorry ,The Sahara kicks dukes butt @ 129baht bacon cheese burger w/ cut fries across the street from the warm up. KILLER DEAL!! try it you will be glad you did, then comment.

Im with you on that "Sahara" rocks!!

There hummus and pita is better than that rip off jewish place at Thapae by far...!!

Why do you call the Jewish place a ripoff?

I have been friends with the owners for almost 20 years, I think their food is delicious :)

There hummus and pita is better than that rip off jewish place at Thapae by far...!!

I have been friends with the owners for almost 20 years, I think their food is delicious :)

Different gustation. :rolleyes:

Maybe for some, but several times eating at the Dukes my opinion after that is it sucks. IMHO I know many like the place but 3 times is enough to form an accurate opinion

each to there own I will give Sahara a try for sure.

Dk

Ohhhhh, you lot are terrible.

You are describing my 2nd favourite meal. If I'm ever on death row my last meal will be steak, eggs, chips. Oh dear me, I'm off to cook now. grrrr.

Would imagine your last meal on Death Row in Thailand would be watery rice soup and that's yer lot pal. That is; if there is a last meal !

The Dukes is overrated.

I'd take a Sahara Deluxe burger over a Dukes burger any day, they are the best burgers I've had in CM. The pizzas at Sahara are okay too, not as stacked as Dukes, tasty but a bit small for me. The Chicken Curry on the other hand was truly awful.

maybe you should learn punctuation methods.ie commas,,,,,,full stops......instead of preaching,in YOUR opinion.

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

We have been to Sahara 3 or 4 times now. The Burger and fries have always been very good. But what I like most is ask for the Mustard. It is very very Spicy... really good on the burger and with the fries. We also like the Pizza. Good price, always HOT and tastes as good as any pizza we have eatten in Chiang Mai. We have had friends join us that ordered other stuff and really enjoyed. Just can't remember what it is right now. For the price and atmosphere... much prefer over Dukes. Ate Dukes Hamburger one time. Food was o.k. but was shocked when I got the BIL with all the service charges and TAXES added on that I wasn't expecting. I pick Saharas any day... or night...

Perhaps you honed your writing skill on twitter and text messaging, but on internet forums you are allowed, and even expected, to use punctuation and capitalization. Grammatically correct writing is also useful if you ever have a job requiring some ability in written communication, i.e., most responsible jobs promising a decent future. Why not practice here?

As a more on-topic comment; the two times I've eaten at Dukes the food was pretty good, but expensive, and their locations are convenient for Night Market tourists but not most permanent residents. Sahara is close by and I like the occasional burger, so I think I'll give them a try this weekend.

Maybe for some, but several times eating at the Dukes my opinion after that is it sucks. IMHO I know many like the place but 3 times is enough to form an accurate opinion

each to there own I will give Sahara a try for sure.

Dk

I have had two disappointing meals at the Dukes as well, but with all the hype I still have the feeling I was just unlucky. My friends swoon over it.

I'll be at the Sahara very soon, thanks for the tip.

Just always found it very expensive.

But can a mod please explain to me why my post was deleted...?

Is it because I used the word Jew.....or is favouritism.....?

Neimenhamin rd.(sp) directly across the street from the college bar Warm Up! If you go at night, (which I did first time at 10:30 p.m. on a Friday) you will see many ,many beautiful girls walking down street going to Warm Up.

Why not cut to the chase and go straight to Warm Up and buy the beautiful girls some drinks? :whistling: Oh, sorry, we just blew our budget on a 129 Bt Burger......... :unsure::P

OP....you're welcome! I was raving about this burger to all my friends....they thought I was a little nuts, untill they went and tried it!

For 129B it can't be beat!! The only downside to it is how much more I have to train to offset the amount of burgers I am now eating....:(

Vibe, it was your TV post of this place that lead me to a burger ,a bacon,cheese ,grilled onion burger w/ home cut fries in a new ,very Hi so,upscale , clean building even with clean functioning bathrooms ....a burger treat oh so good i have to slap myself hard to make sure i am not in a dream , a dream of food dreams here in a most wanting CM......

is that why i need to thank you?

Edited by yesterday