Is It Futile To Think I Can Find A Nice Home

I currently live in Bangkok Noi, Charan Sanitwong, in a townhouse. We pay B4,500 per month and we get B4,500 worth of house/neighbours :(

We previously lived in a beautiful little house, all by itself, next to the river, with surrounding picturesque farmland but problems arose within the family who we were renting from so we had to move out of that house, we were paying only B8,000p/m, most of our visitors agreed the place was worth B20,000p/m easily but we just got there first and the landlady liked us!

So, since moving into this townhouse, and having to hear the neighbours continuous throat clearing/petty bickering/pathetic gossiping/late night fighting/early morning crockery clanging ( :P ) I've longed for the privacy that a detached house offers but I'm not in the position to pay B25,000p/m which is the kind of prices I see advertised online for detached houses in certain areas of Bangkok.

My question is, does a place exist, just on the outskirts of BKK, which offers semi-decent detached houses for rent at reasonable prices?

We are on the west side of Bangkok so I understand there may be less info on this side of town than on the east side but any experiences are welcome!...

We pay B4' date='500 per month and we get B4,500 worth of house/neighbours

I've longed for the privacy that a detached house offers but I'm not in the position to pay B25,000p/m which is the kind of prices I see advertised online for detached houses in certain areas of Bangkok.

My question is, does a place exist, just on the outskirts of BKK, which offers semi-decent detached houses for rent at reasonable prices?

[/quote']

What is your definition of 'reasonable'? A house worth Bt20,000/mth renting out at Bt10,000/mth?

I used to rent a condo in bangkok high number sukhumvit, its 2-3years old and there's no one noisy in the building, no one leaving trash.. it's the first time i didn't complain about anything.

They have large studios with top of the line furniture and kitchen supplies starting at 11k, 1br 65sqm @ 14 or 15k and 2br starting at 20k ... the only noise is the university next door, and it's really not loud, the windows are not cheap and you can always just rent on the other side.

5mins from it, there's 2-3 new condo projects that just finished who have really nice interior design and will be renting out at the same prices.

We pay B4' date='500 per month and we get B4,500 worth of house/neighbours

I've longed for the privacy that a detached house offers but I'm not in the position to pay B25,000p/m which is the kind of prices I see advertised online for detached houses in certain areas of Bangkok.

[/quote']

What is your definition of 'reasonable'? A house worth Bt20,000/mth renting out at Bt10,000/mth?

Ideally, yes. Realistically, no.

What I'm asking is for people who have experience/knowledge of prices on the outskirts of Bangkok, preferably on the west side of town, I'm not asking for someone to rent their B20,000 house to me for B10,000 <_<

I used to rent a condo in bangkok high number sukhumvit, its 2-3years old and there's no one noisy in the building, no one leaving trash.. it's the first time i didn't complain about anything.

They have large studios with top of the line furniture and kitchen supplies starting at 11k, 1br 65sqm @ 14 or 15k and 2br starting at 20k ... the only noise is the university next door, and it's really not loud, the windows are not cheap and you can always just rent on the other side.

5mins from it, there's 2-3 new condo projects that just finished who have really nice interior design and will be renting out at the same prices.

Thanks for your suggestion, it's the wrong side of town for me though, I also have a little family so a condo is a thing of the past for me :)

have a vacant now 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 3 aircons, fully equipped + small garden, for 10k + bills at cost. Also a brand new 1 bedroom garden bungalow 6k/month. Stay as short or as long as you need.

they are next to each other on the west side of the river, on Taling Chan/Thawi Wattana border - just a few km west from your present house. Very secluded and peaceful, but just 150m from the western outer ring road Wong Wien Rob Nok with buses to different parts of town, 5 minutes walk is the daily street market, 7/11, shops.

good for kids and pets, as the area is separated ftom the outside world by the canal and walls of the very posh housing estate. Just a small community of 10 houses, 3 extended families.

Edited by londonthai

• 11 months later...

Still looking 1 year later!

I just went to view another town house because my wife's friend said it was really nice, in truth it was a dump, and I shouldn't have expected anything more :(

Does anybody have any recent knowledge of detached houses nearby the Thaling Chan area? My budget is a little higher than it was before but I still can't go higher than 15k, any ideas?

MD