Whats The Latest Bus From Bangkok To Cm?

KRS1

Does anyone know if there are any buses running from Bangkok (morchit) to CM after 1am?

Or if there are any budget airlines going out of Suvarnnabhumi airport, that would be great too.

Bangkok Forum.. :rolleyes:

Why the Bangkok forum? You can fly anywhere in the country from Bangkok.

But I need info about CM, people who have done it, and have timetables of various options to Chiang Mai, not pattaya, not korat, not ayuddyha, not hua hin ,not rayong....get it?

I once knew a marine that couldn't figure out how to turn on the hot water, never occurred to him to turn the lever left.:whistling:

I was collecting Mrs R, off the (2 hour late) Bangkok-Air flight, yesterday and happened to see that the last flight due-in was a TG arriving about 23.00. So no late-flights, out of Swampy, I'm afraid.

Yes, that was what I was afraid of. My flight lands in Bangkok at 11.39pm, so i'll be stuck till morning. Any idea how much the Bangkok Airways ticket is?

But I need info about CM, people who have done it, and have timetables of various options to Chiang Mai, not pattaya, not korat, not ayuddyha, not hua hin ,not rayong....get it?

I once knew a marine that couldn't figure out how to turn on the hot water, never occurred to him to turn the lever left.:whistling:

Ummm...in some European countries the hot water is obtained by turning the lever to the right... :whistling:

Ummm...in some European countries the hot water is obtained by turning the lever to the right... :whistling:

the point is he only turned one direction. :rolleyes:

try again...

I was collecting Mrs R, off the (2 hour late) Bangkok-Air flight, yesterday and happened to see that the last flight due-in was a TG arriving about 23.00. So no late-flights, out of Swampy, I'm afraid.

Yes, that was what I was afraid of. My flight lands in Bangkok at 11.39pm, so i'll be stuck till morning. Any idea how much the Bangkok Airways ticket is?

They've currently got some 'cheapies' available online, only 1,755 Baht one-way, maybe this airline has realised that they need to cut their price to fill the plane ? Whatever, I'm using them myself this evening, and with their frequent-flyer card can put 30kgs in-the-hold. Nice ! B)

They've currently got some 'cheapies' available online, only 1,755 Baht one-way, maybe this airline has realised that they need to cut their price to fill the plane ? Whatever, I'm using them myself this evening, and with their frequent-flyer card can put 30kgs in-the-hold. Nice ! B)

That price sounds perfect, I'd have to spend another 250-300 baht in taxi fare just to get to Don Mueng or Morchit Bus station.

edit: I just looked up that price and it says taxes and surcharges not included, any idea of the full price?

Edited by KRS1

Last time I was at Swampy all night I got lucky and caught the 8am Bangkok Airways flight for 990 Baht but it varies from day to day depending on bookings. Desk opens about 6am.

That price sounds perfect, I'd have to spend another 250-300 baht in taxi fare just to get to Don Mueng or Morchit Bus station.

edit: I just looked up that price and it says taxes and surcharges not included, any idea of the full price?

ok, just checked...that is the full price.

Last time I was at Swampy all night I got lucky and caught the 8am Bangkok Airways flight for 990 Baht but it varies from day to day depending on bookings. Desk opens about 6am.

great luck there !

Air Asia has a flight out of Swampy at 06:40 am. Not sure if that is a daily flight. I checked for Monday the 2nd only. You should check with their web for daily flight fares and details.

That is probably the earliest you will be able t make any type of connection, and less hastle than going the bus route after arriving late night, then the layover for the morning flight or a bus early am.

Monday, 2 May 2011 - Bangkok (BKK) to Chiang Mai (CNX) FlightPromoRegularFD 3230

0640 (BKK)

0755 (CNX)

-Adult1,572.91 THB

If I was in your position. (actually I WAS in your position just yesterday) then I would book a room downtown and get some proper sleep. Then don't get some crazy hour early bird flight but something after rush hour. Like get some good sleep and then take a late morning or early afternoon flight.

Getting into town is fast and cheap these days with the rail link. But taxi is also fast and cheap especially at that hour; just 180 baht to Sukhumvit yesterday evening. (No need for toll way)

cool, but i was wondering if these still require prebooking or is that a walk up price.

I know that 1-2 go charges quite a bit more if you do not book in advance.

thanx

That was a pre booking price for about 4 days advance. Telephone and walk up last minute booking are usually higher. Especiall the walk up last minute tickets.

If you know your plans. Better to find a flight and book it on-line as soon as you can for the cheaper fare.