Toyota Production To Resume 23 May 2011

Toyota have officially annouced that full production for it's Thai plants will resume on May 23, 2011.

Production capacity has been reduced to approx. 30% of normal levels since April 25, 2011, so even when normal production resumes, the backlog of orders will no doubt still take a few months to clear up..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thanks mro. What is the situation with honda? Also do you know if test drives are available yet for the honda brio at dealers? Thanks...

No details on Honda yet, and still waiting to hear what cut-backs Mitsubishi are going to implement (which will be either today or Monday)..

The Brio launch has been practically scuttled by the JP parts shortage, and after cancellations Honda are now down to only ~2000 bookings (they originally forecast 30,000 unit/syear, and it was launched in March).

I'm sure it'll be their top priority, as they need to start selling units fast in order to make the mandated sales required for the eco-car program (lest be hit with a massive excise tax bill).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thanks mro. What is the situation with honda? Also do you know if test drives are available yet for the honda brio at dealers? Thanks...

No details on Honda yet, and still waiting to hear what cut-backs Mitsubishi are going to implement (which will be either today or Monday)..

The Brio launch has been practically scuttled by the JP parts shortage, and after cancellations Honda are now down to only ~2000 bookings (they originally forecast 30,000 unit/syear, and it was launched in March).

I'm sure it'll be their top priority, as they need to start selling units fast in order to make the mandated sales required for the eco-car program (lest be hit with a massive excise tax bill).

Well there had been 2500 bookings of the brio at the show only. So I assume more will buy either the March (assuming it's more available). It might be good for the buyer - they might have to offer more discounts / freebies to sell the required number of cars. I'm hoping so anyway:)