Felony Record And Applying For Work Visa...

Felon or no felon is irrespective to me, the only question that i have is why are you planning on moving to a country that you have obviously never been to, and indeed it sounds like (you have no passport) you have never travelled outside the USA?

Surely, some more research would need to be done on the ground before ever attempting to relocate somewhere?

Congrats in going straight anyway. Best of luck with your future.

Regards

Getting a passport with a felony is not a problem in the US, and you won't have a problem with your criminal history being available to customs and immigration in any other country than the US, unless you are considered some kind of big threat.

In fact, NEVER admit that you have a criminal record to an official in another country as there is no way for them to find out without your own admission.

I have friends in several different embassies and they told me this to help out a friend that was worried about a 40 year old felony conviction for carrying prescription medicine that wasn't in the original container that he bought it in from the pharmacy. In the US, he has to be haunted by this silliness for the rest of his life. Not everyone with a criminal record is a threat to society! :o

Some words of advice, if you are sure that you are clean and can resist cheap, high quality drugs, give Thailand a try. If not, stay home.

Thailand is no place to get in trouble or do time! :D

Dont end up in a Thai jail, not same same

Thanks for the advice friend. But it really doesn't address my questions. If you could help with those it would be great.

Thanks again,

Damian

With your Record and Qualifications you would have no problem gettin a visa for Australia, all felony record holders are welcomed with open armshere :o nignoy

Monty, I live quite frugally.  Do you think it would really be that difficult in Thailand?  I'm not being sarcastic, I just am letting you know how I live.  I don't party or even drink.  I don't smoke cigs either.  I EASILY live in America off of $1000 a month.

You live on $1000 a month in the US? How do you manage that? If you can actually manage that (even though it seems somewhat unlikely). Then you'll be fine in thailand, its not that difficult to find a decent studio app. for like $200 a month. Food is cheap as long as you dont expect to eat pizza and US beef every day. And just stay away from the tourist night life, go to the thai clubs/bar and you can have a good time for pretty cheap.

Obviously $4000 wont last forever, just make sure you have enough for a return ticket if you cannot find any employment options...or you could find yourself sitting next to the victory monument farrang pretending to play the guitar :o

Dont end up in a Thai jail, not same same

Thanks for the advice friend. But it really doesn't address my questions. If you could help with those it would be great.

Thanks again,

Damian

With your Record and Qualifications you would have no problem gettin a visa for Australia, all felony record holders are welcomed with open armshere :D nignoy

Is it true that convicted felons are the most welcomed immigrants to Australia?

I hear that the money has criminal like Charles Manson and Ted Bundy on it too. :o