Yingluck Expresses Concern Over Frauds In Ballot Box Storage

Lite Beer

Yingluck expressed concern over frauds in ballot box storage

BANGKOK, JUNE 26 2011 - The prime ministerial candidate of Pheu Thai party, Yingluck Shinawatra expressed concern over advance voting registration procedure especially the possibility of frauds in ballot box storage system. Therefore she would like the election committee to give an opportunity to each party to be part of the inspecting team so that every action taken would be transparent

As for the accusation by Democrat Party concerning Ms Yingluck alleged plan to whitewash her fugitive brother, Thaksin Shinawatra, the prime ministerial candidate commented that Pheu Thai party was determined to come up with effective solutions to solve problems encountered by the people and that it had never been a case to find a solution to help an individual.

Ms Yingluck added that she believed that people had the ability in considering the facts and there were people out there who had faith in Pheu Thai Party and understood the true intentions of the party.

At the campaign speech event, Ms yingluck pledged the main policy of country’s development in the aspect of public welfare system especially in the eastern part with the policy to raise fruit price. Moreover, the party also has guidelines in resolving the past conflict between Thailand and Cambodia.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-06-26 footer_n.gif

Her mentor has probably passed on his past expertise/experience in getting into a the position, so sought after. One given for Pheu Thai, is the party leadership has the know how, experience, and the inclination to do, say and act in any manner, to get what they want.

The Dubai factor has shown time and again, the lack of respect for the law of Thailand, unless he made it and was behind those who enforced it. Must be hell to go thru life expecting others to think and to live/act at the low moral level of yourself.

Given the frightful time she's going to experience as the next PM (just ask Mark), she should be hoping instead that the establishment cheat, and cause a revolution - really it will be much less stressful for her personally.

Mark my words (no pun intended) her name is going to be added to the list of disqualified prime ministers, it's all going to end in tears for her, her brother has put her up to a Sisyphus task...

Edited by virtualtraveller

Jingthing expresses concern about Yingluck's nepotism-based conflict of interest, Thaksin's interest vs. Thailand's interest

I don't think she has a conflict of interest at all. She should have, but she doesn't. Family is all.

So you see nepotism for fun and profit is NOT conflict of interest?

Family is EVERYTHING in the chinese dynastic business.

Conflict of interest in that world is someone not doing every thing for the family business.

in other words, it appears as PT is not getting the amount of votes they dreamed expected, so it must be fraud somewhere :blink:

Hopefully, you are right

I have a recent comment from a Udon Thai person. PT canvassers and hangers on recently visited every house in the area, demanded to be given full details of every person over 18 at each house, demanded ID card numbers etc., handed out how to vote literature and left.

Next morning a totally plain envelope was in every letter box with 1,000Baht cash for every person over 18. Who delivered the envelope and cash, easy answer - the Easter bunny of course.

in other words, it appears as PT is not getting the amount of votes they dreamed expected, so it must be fraud somewhere :blink:

Hopefully, you are right

I have a recent comment from a Udon Thai person. PT canvassers and hangers on recently visited every house in the area, demanded to be given full details of every person over 18 at each house, demanded ID card numbers etc., handed out how to vote literature and left.

Next morning a totally plain envelope was in every letter box with 1,000Baht cash for every person over 18. Who delivered the envelope and cash, easy answer - the Easter bunny of course.

Take the envelope and vote for another partycheesy.gif,

So next time round might get 2000 in the envelope-lol

Hopefully, you are right

How would they know who did / didn't vote for PT?

Another method I'm aware of (from previous elections), is that 100 baht is given to the voter, then the remaining money being given (400 baht) once the candidate is successfully elected. This gives better assurance that the voter actually votes for the candidate.

Hopefully, you are right

Another method I'm aware of (from previous elections), is that 100 baht is given to the voter, then the remaining money being given (400 baht) once the candidate is successfully elected. This gives better assurance that the voter actually votes for the candidate.

Perhaps this time around, they are more desperate and paying upfront and double. Desperate times call for desperate measures-much more at stakewink.gif

Jingthing expresses concern about Yingluck's nepotism-based conflict of interest, Thaksin's interest vs. Thailand's interest

I don't think she has a conflict of interest at all. She should have, but she doesn't. Family is all.

Conflict of interest in that world is someone not doing every thing for the family business.

I dont really fully understand the relevance of your phrase " the chinese dynastic business ". I presume that are refering to the actions of most families of Chinese ancestry to help their own, whether it be through finance, power or poaition. Yingluck is certanly guilty of belonging to such a family. The Hakka Chinese family by the name of Khu has for generations helped each other. They eventually changed their family name ot Shinawatra.

Similarly notable for such "dynastic" assistance is the Hakka Chinese family by the name of Yuan. For generations, they have used their influence and power to assist family members, and to gain positions of power and wealth. This family was, due to their position and influence, granted the the family name of Vejjajiva by royal decree.

Your attempt at Chinese hate mongering does not play out very well here.

Edited by tigermonkey

Many people don't believe that the ballot is really secret. And in addition to a post election reward in areas that get a certain percent of the 'right' votes, there can be punishment and lack of services down the road for places that don't. They don't forget which places didn't vote for them. It isn't just a bribe, it's also a promise and a threat.

Edited by DP25

I dont really fully understand the relevance of your phrase " the chinese dynastic business ". I presume that are refering to the actions of most families of Chinese ancestry to help their own, whether it be through finance, power or poaition. Yingluck is certanly guilty of belonging to such a family. The Hakka Chinese family by the name of Khu has for generations helped each other. They eventually changed their family name ot Shinawatra.

Similarly notable for such "dynastic" assistance is the Hakka Chinese family by the name of Yuan. For generations, they have used their influence and power to assist family members, and to gain positions of power and wealth. This family was, due to their position and influence, granted the the family name of Vejjajiva by royal decree.

Your attempt at Chinese hate mongering does not play out very well here.

Oh?

You seem to understand the phrase much better than most here.

It's not hate mongering by me, just pointing out that;

it is a clan war played out using Thais as the weapons.

Some times violence sometimes votes. Same thing.

And regardless of your attempt to label it hate mongering, it is still nepotism.

Stating facts has not a thing to do with hate.

My problem is not with the fact clans try to improve their positions,

it's the abuses of the poor and hopeful to do it that I most find reprehensible.

Edited by animatic

Many people don't believe that the ballot is really secret. And in addition to a post election reward in areas that get a certain percent of the 'right' votes, there can be punishment and lack of services down the road for places that don't. They don't forget which places didn't vote for them. It isn't just a bribe, it's also a promise and a threat.

That is awful but variations of that even occur in advanced 'democracies'.

Edited by Jingthing

This thread is incredible. The initial concern was the issue of the security of the ballot boxes. The Thaksin issue was tacked on to the article to divert attention away from the key concern of the ballot box security. And boy was that successful. Not one comment addresses the ballot box issue. It is a legitimate concern. Instead, we get a rehash of the same old arguments on vote buying and Mr. Thaksin. Enough. You've made the same points over and over. I get it. Everyone does.

The safety of the ballot boxes is an important issue and relates to all participants in the election. I note that the election officials have not provided a proper response. If the ballot box security is not assured, then it undermines the election and provides another argument to contest the election results. All necessary steps to maintain the security of the boxes must be taken. That's the key issue. They can't change the vote buying issues this election, but they have the power to run an honest and fair election.

This thread is incredible. The initial concern was the issue of the security of the ballot boxes. The Thaksin issue was tacked on to the article to divert attention away from the key concern of the ballot box security. And boy was that successful. Not one comment addresses the ballot box issue. It is a legitimate concern. Instead, we get a rehash of the same old arguments on vote buying and Mr. Thaksin. Enough. You've made the same points over and over. I get it. Everyone does.

The safety of the ballot boxes is an important issue and relates to all participants in the election. I note that the election officials have not provided a proper response. If the ballot box security is not assured, then it undermines the election and provides another argument to contest the election results. All necessary steps to maintain the security of the boxes must be taken. That's the key issue. They can't change the vote buying issues this election, but they have the power to run an honest and fair election.

The ballot boxes are being kept under lock and key AND video surveillance. What exactly is she worried about?

Maybe she's just setting up another "we was robbed" excuse.

Hopefully, you are right

Take the envelope and vote for another partycheesy.gif,

So next time round might get 2000 in the envelope-lol

The problem is here in deep red territory they really believe their vote is not secret. They actually believe and it could be true that Government will know how they voted. On top of that their is a strong belief that if you rake money for your vote it would be wrong to not vote for person you where paid to vote for. It is equally believed if you did not take the money you are free to vote for whoever. They justify it all by saying they are being honest and anyway better get 500 or 1,000 baht than nothing. They have no sense of worth or sense that their vote matters at all. most of posters here have no idea of how it works here. This applies to over 95% of red supporters in North and North east. Thais in south are known to have pride and some some of worth which is why they dont sell their votes or most of them dont. Live amongst them and get rid of your western views they do not work here.

Hopefully, you are right

Ive been told as well from Red supporters. Same as when they were paid to go and protest after the organiser (who gets most cut) simply did not pay and ran away. In my village during first lot of trouble a lot went to demonstrate. Last time last year I was amazed the pick ups where not as before lining up in front of my house with middle men taking Id cards. I asked why and was told the organiser had cheated them last time so they where not going this time. They did not blame Taksin or reds just blamed the 1 person who ripped them off and they still support reds and Taksin 100%. They dont do it for money most of them but accept money anyway and see nothing wrong with that. They are not that poor and cant understand pride or honesty at all just saying they know Taksin is corrupt but thinking he gave then something. I admire communists more admire Hitler more and even pol pot at least they believed in something although they where most evil people around. Sorry to say most of red supporters would not understand morality values or pride if it was in front of them. Taksin and to reds dont even have excuse of believing n anything but their own and will be as bad if alloyed to be as Hitler Pol Pot and rest. They are purely simply totally evil with no beliefs or plan except for total control by themselves.

Ive been told as well from Red supporters. Same as when they were paid to go and protest after the organiser (who gets most cut) simply did not pay and ran away. In my village during first lot of trouble a lot went to demonstrate. Last time last year I was amazed the pick ups where not as before lining up in front of my house with middle men taking Id cards. I asked why and was told the organiser had cheated them last time so they where not going this time. They did not blame Taksin or reds just blamed the 1 person who ripped them off and they still support reds and Taksin 100%. They dont do it for money most of them but accept money anyway and see nothing wrong with that. They are not that poor and cant understand pride or honesty at all just saying they know Taksin is corrupt but thinking he gave then something. I admire communists more admire Hitler more and even pol pot at least they believed in something although they where most evil people around. Sorry to say most of red supporters would not understand morality values or pride if it was in front of them. Taksin and to reds dont even have excuse of believing n anything but their own and will be as bad if alloyed to be as Hitler Pol Pot and rest. They are purely simply totally evil with no beliefs or plan except for total control by themselves. If they ever win those Taksin supporters here will see it and move on while I and my family and most Thais will be left with more deaths more corruption and probably civil war. As ive said many times I can geto ut if need be most of innocent poor Thais will have to live with Taksins megalomania same as others in world had to live with Gaddafi Saddam Idid Amin Pol pot and rest

And before someone says I forgot Ghengis Karn him as well.

Yes it sounded like she is starting to build a attack on the Dem's if she loses.

I really liked this part

"Ms Yingluck added that she believed that people had the ability in considering the facts and there were people out there who had faith in Pheu Thai Party and understood the true intentions of the party."

If that is the case why are they handing out money to people hoping for there vote.

Hopefully, you are right

They're worried about the votes they've paid for not getting counted

The ballot boxes are being kept under lock and key AND video surveillance. What exactly is she worried about?

Maybe she's just setting up another "we was robbed" excuse.

Isn't it the local police, who are guarding the ballot-boxes, perhaps someone regards them as less-than-totally incorruptible ? B)

Personally, I don't think this is about the ballot boxes at all. Thaksin's camp is thinking 2 steps ahead. By complaining about supposed "ballot box security issues" then it positions them for a win/win situation.

If they win she could say "We did so even with our foes trying to cheat"

If they loose they can use it as another exuse to have their terrorist redshirts go on rampage in Bangkok, (again) "Look and see how the elitists are holding you down! They won't let you have your say, attack!"

Edited by metisdead
Corrected the spelling of a former PM's name.