Retirement Visa Checklist

Yes I tried to search but didn't find anything current with all the requirements for Jomtien. This will be my 6th one in Jomtien

I am planning to bring:

passport

2 pictures

copy of front page of passport

copy of current retirement visa

copy of bank book pages for last 3 months showing 800k+ in thai bank

letter from bank verifying 800k for 3 months

utility bill, in my name, showing where I live

TM7 application filled out

money to pay for visa

is this everything I currently need?

thanks in advance

We all know offices can vary with their requirements, mine wanted EVERY page of the passport copied not just the front page.

This may or may not be applicable for your office but thought I'd mention it.

Also, you may want to think about a re-entry permit whilst you are there just in case you have to leave LOS quickly for some reason and you can relax knowing you have it covered.

Edited by CharlieH

thanks for the help, got it all together, but its the 1st and it seems on the first in Thailand everything is busy so i will wait till monday to do this, I have till the 6th. I will post if any changes in Jomtien. [hopefully the elections go okay and immigration is open next week]

Brought all this, might have been too much, dont know, but it was enough to get my visa renewed

passport

2 pictures

copy of front page of passport

copy of current retirement visa

copy of bank book pages for last 3 months showing 800k+ in thai bank

letter from bank verifying 800k for 3 months

utility bill, in my name, showing where I live

TM7 application filled out

money to pay for visa

thanks for the help

Edited by Lost in LOS

I do not like to confuse somebody :jap:

I know, it's nothing written about a health certificat for retirement in the orders.

But where i have to make my retirement extension in the NE, they allways ask about this "health certificate".:bah:

Are there other immigrations, who ask for this too?

Edited by Somrak

I do not like to confuse somebody :jap:

I know, it's nothing written about a health certificat for retirement in the orders.

But where i have to make my retirement extension in the NE, they allways ask about this "health certificate".:bah:

Are there other immigrations, who ask for this too?

I have gotten retirement extensions in Jomtien, Chiang Mai and Maptaphut and have never been asked for a "health certificate." I also take a copy of my apartment lease and recent receipts of my rent as I don't have utility bills in my name.

u also need copy of the page that shows ur FIRST Non o visa that u got ur extension on.

Phuket no need for where u live and they only ask for one photo

If ur using the combo method ( as i did last week) u need to make copies of every page of ur bank book

We all know offices can vary with their requirements, mine wanted EVERY page of the passport copied not just the front page.

I've renewed at three different offices, Bangkok, Jomtien and Chiang Mai. The Bangkok office always required more copies of my past Extension of Stay Renewals and Re-entry Permits. I think it just depends on the individual Immigration officer and how they feel that day :blink:

I finally got smart and started taking my pass port to one of thos super cheap copy shops foind near schools/universities and had the entire pass port coppied. Many of those shops only charge 50 satang per copy so the cost is very small. And having back up copies around is a nice "insurance" policy to have :D

picked up my passport with teh retirement visa stamp in Jomtien

went to the multiple entry window with:

passport with retirement stamp

copy front page

copy retirement visa

copy entry card

one photo

multiple form filled out.

All done withing 30 minutes

to get my retirement visa 30 minutes to get my multiple 30 minutes saw 4 different officers and all were friendly. good experience