Water Hyacinth Furniture

CMwanderer

I'm looking at possibly buying some water hyacinth furniture and am trying to figure out what sort of prices I should be expecting to pay. I have no idea if they are trying to tell me farang prices or if they are being legit. I know it comes down to what you personally expect and are happy to pay but I don't want to be paying exorbitant prices. I am looking at a 2 seater lounge and a little coffee table. Does anyone know what I might be in for?

I owned (Vietnamese) water hyacinth furniture when I lived in Central America. The humidity took its toll quickly and completely. I got two years total use before it was unusable. It was a weekly maintenance event during rainy season, which is much like it is here. I tried spraying with anti-fungals and brushing with marine varnish. After two years, I stripped the hyacinth down to the frame, which had begun absorbing moisture as well. It turned out to be a very expensive bonfire. I will be interested to see if there could have been an easier alternative.

Edited by Lobo4819