Thaksin 'Clone' Set To Be Thai PM

webfact

Everybody i spoke to here in thailand voting for Yingluck

Not surprising if your username is any indication what people you speak to.

Lovely people I am sure, but not very educated.

The only difference between those from a privileged background to those from a less fortunate one is money- not IQ!

I agree, hence why I wrote 'educated'.

Sadly however one has to be educated, atleast about the political parties and how their policies will affect the nation, to make an educated choice in an election. Anything else is either group-think, peer-pressure or purely emotional reasons.

At my daughters school they stopped teaching Civics because it has changed so often and so dramatically.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here! People on this forum been so out of tough with Thais I am sure 90% live overseas but are experts.

The next thing they will say everyone was paid to vote red :lol:

Because Thaksin will be in the background pulling all the strings my Thai wife worries for the monarchy

My wife's sister from Korat did well today. She received 500b from one party and also 500b from another party, however she voted for for Yingluck's party!

That sounds about right. Corruption School begins tomorrow. This is the advanced course.

The only difference between those from a privileged background to those from a less fortunate one is money- not IQ!

Sadly however one has to be educated, atleast about the political parties and how their policies will affect the nation, to make an educated choice in an election. Anything else is either group-think, peer-pressure or purely emotional reasons.

So, are you saying that you have to be educated to be a loser?

"Anything else is either group-think, peer-pressuer or purely emotional reasons." (This is an educated sentence?)

It is also called democracy and majority rule. You have a problem with that?

Fantastic!!! Democracy is back! :jap:

I'll be dancing in the streets, right up until the stirring martial music starts playing on all TV and radio stations one fine morning...

Spot on.

Where is it written that Democracy does not make mistakes,

or that electorates always make the best decisions for themselves?

Yes wonderful there was a vote

and many people decided to believe one thing vs another,

but how many looked beyond the obvious?

Same here! People on this forum been so out of tough with Thais I am sure 90% live overseas but are experts.

This next thing they will say everyone was paid to vote red :lol:

Unfortunately the poor have been paid to vote. Thailand will stay in the corruption zone. :(

Political parties in the US also pay people to register to vote.The more people who vote the better i would've thought.

Here in Australia it is compulsory to vote if you are over 18. If the Thais had the same law the margin might have been a greater one!

You're clutching at straws i think.

Edited by dmcguire70

So, are you saying that you have to be educated to be a loser?

"Anything else is either group-think, peer-pressuer or purely emotional reasons." (This is an educated sentence?)

It is also called democracy and majority rule. You have a problem with that?

No, that it would be great if everyone was highly educated and only voted based on facts etc, not emotions.

But I know, I am but a dreamer.

I only have a problem with majority rule if it is carried out through manipulation of the voters or if the majority votes for anything that attacks a minority.

Thaksin is already promising to bring the USD back to 40/THB and 30 million tourists a year in LOS - he has all but actually proclaimed himself the real PM. Ta-da! The joke is no longer just a joke. A whole nation (or at least most of it) has fallen for it.

That's it, my university educated, HiSo chinese parentage GF. Has just thrown off her yellow lacrosse polo shirt :blink: put on a red one?? Now saying "Tee rak, your dollar salary get bigger by 25%"........"Khun Thaksin lovely man, always love him"

Well cheers for you! I gather your private poll means that the people you choose to speak to represent opionated Thais of all classes and walks of life. Or are you just another d... f... who, hadn't it been for European social security would have spent your retired life in misery? I am harsh, yes, but a fools post deserves a fools answer. Sorry.

My wife's sister from Korat did well today. She received 500b from one party and also 500b from another party, however she voted for for Yingluck's party!

LOL. That's exactly what my wife's parents do in the Philippines on election day. It's a big day out for everyone - money all around - they love election day.

In the end the payments don't make much difference if all the parties are doing it.

While her business credentials are well known, observers say she has given few concrete clues about what kind of leader she would be.

Yet she wins a landslide. Government they deserve ... government they deserve.

The pigs change, the trough remains the same!

I'll be dancing in the streets, right up until the stirring martial music starts playing on all TV and radio stations one fine morning...

Spot on.

There's nothing quite like the arrogance of an all-seeing eye.

So now that everyone has fallen for the joke, can I just ask one question? I can't find an iPad 2 in any store, and I don't want to pay the inflated MBK price, so now, when will the Shinawatra's buy everyone the iPad they promised??? I'm sure lots of parents will start hocking their kids new iPads, and I want one too! As well, when can I cancel my internet and use the free WiFi they promised????

First off, the word election should not continue to be used. When the votes are all bought, it simply becomes an exercise in how much money needs to be spent in order to get the front position at the feeding trough. A sad day for Thailand....... Thaksin has proven to be anti farang in the past, guess we will have to keep a close eye on what he does, and have an exit strategy to another country

"Thaskin 'Clone" set to be PM"

Real impartial headline that one!whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Yes, that one stuck out like dogs' balls when I received the email allert. Bad form. Stinks the same as Fox "news".

Yes, that one stuck out like dogs' balls when I received the email allert. Bad form. Stinks the same as Fox "news".

It's Thaksin's words. Why not use them?

That sounds about right. Corruption School begins tomorrow. This is the advanced course.

Kinda says that some of Thaksins voters have no ethics. Not exactly a thing to be proud of.

Spot on.

There's nothing quite like the arrogance of an all-seeing eye.

Ah yes the arrogance of asking questions.

Or maybe you didn't really SEE the question marks.

Try and think beyond the obvious.

So will Yingluck inherit brother T's NO! questions sign?

Edited by animatic

Thaksin is already promising to bring the USD back to 40/THB and 30 million tourists a year in LOS - he has all but actually proclaimed himself the real PM. Ta-da! The joke is no longer just a joke. A whole nation (or at least most of it) has fallen for it.

You mean that they will devalue the Baht so inflation will rise out of the pan?Didn't know that was something to look forward to.

I've talked to many educated intelligent Thais who are Red Shirt supporters. Maybe you just don't get out enough.

First off, the word election should not continue to be used. When the votes are all bought, it simply becomes an exercise in how much money needs to be spent in order to get the front position at the feeding trough. A sad day for Thailand....... Thaksin has proven to be anti farang in the past, guess we will have to keep a close eye on what he does, and have an exit strategy to another country

Do you think this any better than the money poured into parties and the media in the USA? Come on. It is time to shut up, especially if you are a farang, and let them get on with it. Besides, both sides were dishing out money.

I've talked to many educated intelligent Thais who are Red Shirt supporters. Maybe you just don't get out enough.

Your friends rely on corruption payments to remain hi-so eh. :(

You're missing the point Jingthing! I said it was a non impartial headline, and it is any way you look at it.

I haven't seen or heard any other media outlet use those words, just this one.

Edited by dmcguire70

This is indeed correct, Thaksin called his sister "my clone". A quick google will give you plenty of references.