Chiang Mai Land Karaoke Bars And Night Clubs

Beetlejuice

Each time I have passed down Chiang Mai land at night I used to enjoy seeing all the beautiful girls sitting outside the karaoke bars And night clubs, looking sexy and advertising all their wares, although I could never afford to venture into any of those places.

A couple of months ago I was driving through Chiang Mai land during a late evening and noticed that only 2 small bars were open, all the rest had they’re shutters down and were closed, even the well known Bossy club in that area.

A few days ago, before the election ban on alcohol, I was again passing through Chiang Mai land at night and this time saw that all the establishments were closed. The whole area was dark, quite, like a ghost town.

So have these places also become the victims of the Chiang Mai decency squad? Anyone here in the know?

Still sitting on their outdoor settee and bar stools around the corner (well was last time I passed by at night - maybe a week ago or so) - I use the CML pool with the kids from time toi time, but never been in any of the bars - used to be mainly Korean and Japanese if I remember right - didn't look Gaijin friendly to me.

I hadn't actually heard of Chiang Mai Land until a year ago or so.

Does anyone know the history of the place? ie. When was it popular? Did it once attract a big crowd? What type of crowd? What was going on there (ie. beer bars? nightclubs?)?

I hadn't actually heard of Chiang Mai Land until a year ago or so.

Does anyone know the history of the place? ie. When was it popular? Did it once attract a big crowd? What type of crowd? What was going on there (ie. beer bars? nightclubs?)?

It's one of the earliest housing developments in Chiang Mai, with the main road that goes between Aom Muang and Chang Klan used for businesses and some nightlife spots. The nightlife spots were mostly karaoke places of the type popular with Thai (and other Asian) business people. Some of them charge(d) a lot for silly things, so easy to run up a big bill.

Then there were some pubs/disco's, mostly notably Bossy.

Honorable mention goes to Empower Foundation, the NGO working to empower sex workers. They have their office/training center and 'model bar' there as well, though that bar never truly made it.

So... when was it popular.. probably not that long ago. 5 years ago, 10 years ago.

I wouldn't go there now. JJ Market and Santitham I think is where its at. And Nimman of course, though it's pricey and a bit of a poser scene IMHO.