Pheu Thai Could Be Dissolved For Not Acting On Poll Vows

webfact

The article forgets to mention the Dem's already spent the entire budget for this year so there is actually no money to spend.

Now I wonder why they did that?

Forget the free computer tablets for students.

Free Pacifiers for new oposition party would be a much better investment.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The article forgets to mention the Dem's already spent the entire budget for this year so there is actually no money to spend.

Is that the first of the excuses as to why PTP can't implement their policies?

This is very stupid, that is what the next election is about -- holding politicians accountable. Let the people decide why they voted for the party, and what promises are important to them. If you want a mechanism to hold a parliament accountable in-between elections - that is what recall elections are for - so add that mechanism to the constitution if you really want to hold politicians accountable.

The more levers you give to a non-elected board to pull down elected governments, the more problems you cause -- since no matter how much you try there will be a bias (real or perceived) on the boards that are appointed (just look at non-elected senates in other countries). This only makes people more angry - that no matter what they vote for - someone has the ability to nullify their voice.

Thai People need to start getting used to politicians who say what ever they want

It is the same the world over

In Australia we have a female PM who lies through her teeth

Says one thing before she is elected then does a full turn around afterwards

The funny thing in my wifes village all the men are upset that a woman has control over men

They all say Thai men have come to their lowest level

After 6 years in Thailand I would have thought this was the general feeling of Thai men

Yes but they have to realise "she has balls":lol:

Another brilliant represesentative of the Democrat party speaks.

And there are still foreigners that insist the Democrats should have been elected. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Very well said.. :lol: Abhisit and party are desperate lousy losers...they will do anything by hook or by crook to be the government...

you would not be suprised if they demand the recount of all votes to delay the forming of the neww government.. :bah:

The House will get together as soon as at least 95% of the MP's are accepted by the EC. That's independent of whatever cases may still be under investigation. As for the 'warning' by the Dem's MP, certainly not one of the most intelligent remarks made this election period. It's 'obvious' to many that Pheu Thai may have problems if they temper too much with their election promised, but to try to get any politician to keep his promises made in a campaign :cheesy:

I do.

It isn't? I am fairly sure that I pay more taxes annually in Thailand than 90+% of the population. (I also pay taxes abroad.) PTP made promises to the people and in less than a week reneged on them in some cases. Part of why PTP was elected was to fulfill the promises they made (I would say the majority of the reason was that simple .. you said you would pay us more and now ....) If I remember right the majority of the country didn't think changing governments would lead to lasting change.

Offering unreasonable populist policies and then backtracking before even taking office certainly smacks of deceit to me ......

You are fairly sure that you pay more tax than 90% of the population that is because you earn more money than 90% of the population like the rest of the HI-SO'S

Forget the free computer tablets for students.

Free Pacifiers for new oposition party would be a much better investment.

The word is 'allocated', not spent, not even disbursed, only 'allocated'. Like in most countries if the situation necessitates it, adjustments can be made as long as the money is not spent. On the budget of this fiscal year which is THB 1.4 trillion, I'm sure a few billion can be found if the government really wants to ;)

Did Dems make any promises during the election campaign? Can anyone list some of them or the highlights here please?

ALL political parties made promises and some even made adjustments before the election. Search this forum or look at the parties websites.

At least one party and MP made a promises before the election and keeps it's promise. K. Chuwit said 'we'll be in the opposition as watchdog' ;)

Thanks.

So - did Dems make any promises during the election campaign? Can anyone list some of them or the highlights here please?

The Dems made a few promises like increasing minimum wage by 25% in 2 years (I think). Their policies though arent very well known as the Dems ran a really bad campaign and have an utterly useless PR department. They actually talked more about what they had done in the past. Oh another promise was vote for us and get reconcilliation or vote for them and get a continuation of division.

I do.

It isn't? I am fairly sure that I pay more taxes annually in Thailand than 90+% of the population. (I also pay taxes abroad.) PTP made promises to the people and in less than a week reneged on them in some cases. Part of why PTP was elected was to fulfill the promises they made (I would say the majority of the reason was that simple .. you said you would pay us more and now ....) If I remember right the majority of the country didn't think changing governments would lead to lasting change.

Offering unreasonable populist policies and then backtracking before even taking office certainly smacks of deceit to me ......

You are fairly sure that you pay more tax than 90% of the population that is because you earn more money than 90% of the population like the rest of the HI-SO'S

With a tax-free bracket of THB 150,000, various deductions possible , you have to earn at least 12,700 before you start to pay income tax. Foreigners who legally work, or are retired, or any other legal form MUST have at least 50,000/60,000 a month as income. Now only need to look up what part of the Thai population pays income tax and how much. Following we can check on jdinasia's remark. Personally I don't think you need to be HiSo to pay more taxes than a larger part of the Thai population :ermm:

Edited by rubl

I do.

With a tax-free brackets of THB 150,000, various deductions possible , you have to earn at least 12,700 before you start to pay income tax. Foreigners who legaly work, or at retired, or any other legal form MUST have at least 50,000/60,000 a month as income. Now only need to look up what part of the Thai population pays income tax and how much. following we can check on jdinasia's remark. Personally I don't think you need to be HiSo to pay more taxes than a larger part of the Thai population :ermm:

But we shouldnt forget sales taxes which everyone pays including the ultra poor, and which are generally viewed as placing a bigger tax burden on the poor than rich, so maybe not having the additional burden of income tax for many many is a good thing.

Thanks.

So - did Dems make any promises during the election campaign? Can anyone list some of them or the highlights here please?

The Dems made a few promises like increasing minimum wage by 25% in 2 years (I think). Their policies though arent very well known as the Dems ran a really bad campaign and have an utterly useless PR department. They actually talked more about what they had done in the past. Oh another promise was vote for us and get reconcilliation or vote for them and get a continuation of division.

Thanks.

I do.

Hmmm you seem to have cut out almost all of GK's post .... But hey ....

It has absolutely nothing to do with being "HI-SO" and everything to do with being "middle-class". I suggest you go re-read the post you doctored and the post it was replying to :)

Hammered... VAT collection is somewhat problematic in poorer areas but you are correct that on many things the poor pay a higher percentage of their income in the form of taxation via VAT ,,, but that burden probably isn't as high as many people think.

1)300 baht a day wage increase

2)15,000 baht per month wage increase for graduates

3)free computers for students

These claims are a bit blatant to be overlooked and effect a very high majority of the population to gather votes.

If they are indeed lies, it's a bit over the top imo.

A Democrat MP warned Pheu Thai Party yesterday to implement three major pre-poll promises by early next year or else workers, students and university graduates might seek its dissolution.

What an interesting idea.... if that would be true for all the rest of the world, we woud'nt have a SINGLE elected government surviving their first year of ruling... :lol::lol:

A Democrat MP warned Pheu Thai Party yesterday to implement three major pre-poll promises by early next year or else workers, students and university graduates might seek its dissolution.

What an interesting idea.... if that would be true for all the rest of the world, we woud'nt have a SINGLE elected government surviving their first year of ruling... :lol::lol:

And in an interesting development. PTP are today stating that they will keep their promises and have worked out plans to implement them. Oh well the next election is being played out before the government are even seated. And its all on policies which is strange considering Chuvits telling the Dems forget trying to beat PTP on poliices, you will always lose. A bit of colour he brings to the game.

These claims are a bit blatant to be overlooked and effect a very high majority of the population to gather votes.

Most astute politicians make campaign promises that leave themselves some wiggle room, for when it comes down to the final implementation or lack thereof. This campaign seems to have indicated that Thai politics has taken a fledgling step from the past campaign methods of spreading the cash around in a open manner. It also points out how uninformed on real issues some of the candidates were/are, thus their amateur attempts to satisfy some of the personal desires of the vast majority of the voting public. Add in other publicly promised and advertised perks made to people who feel they are voting to change their life style and have already shown a propensity toward public demonstrations and even violence and you have a potential powder keg waiting for someone to light the fuse.

This is the weakest attempt at provocation I have seen yet! quite what this was meant to initiate is beyond me, with such weak groundings I think the picture on the internet will be the pinnacle of its success!

Quite clearly a pathetic attempt for power,as the democratic vote couldnt do that.Are these guys supposed to be intelligent or babies throwing their dummy pout,and they have never lied before have they lol.If the party is lying about the laptops/uni fees,then vote them out at the next election,not cry like little babies,the democrats are a real nasty bunch of adolescent children

Quite clearly, what? They are applying for the existing law to be followed. That is what you say equals intelligence of babies. Hmm. And as for your last sentence, you then naturally mean that the red shirts/ptp, lead by a perjuried woman with no political experience, are the personified intelligentia.

Yeah, right. Think I rest my case here.

The funny thing in my wifes village all the men are upset that a woman has control over men

After 6 years in Thailand I would have thought this was the general feeling of Thai men

What, you mean that the blokes still haven't realised that Thailand is a patriarchal society run by women.

Yes you are right

The wife thinks she runs our home

and sulks if I show otherwise

You must be living in a muslim village or some other conservative hole.

Where I live, everyone around me (including thai men) are glad that a woman gets to be PM.

we live in Udon Thani

I have already seen a few fights over this subject

I warn you do not tell this to Thai men on the streets you may spend a few days in a hospital

Another brilliant represesentative of the Democrat party speaks.

And there are still foreigners that insist the Democrats should have been elected. :cheesy: :cheesy:

For the good of Thailand they should have been!!!! This government is turning into the disaster I thought it would be.

There should be a law to make sure that a prospective government party issues responsible and affordable policies, as that is a right and proper thing to do.

The Liberal party (in the middle of the 2 main parties) in England use to do this - not anywhere to the same extent mind you, as they never had much influence in matters due to the fact that they were never going to gain power. They have come unstuck this time however as their unrealistic policies have been dumped by the Conservatives in their power sharing government which has led to the little party support they had as a minor party evaporating whilst the Tories take all the plaudits if something works out well!!! Clegg may be in the government at the present time as deputy leader but come the next election the Liberals will be hammered for their perceived action of deserting all of their major pre-election policies which has irked it's members somewhat rotten and this is something they will NOT forget!!!

Most astute politicians make campaign promises that leave themselves some wiggle room, for when it comes down to the final implementation or lack thereof. This campaign seems to have indicated that Thai politics has taken a fledgling step from the past campaign methods of spreading the cash around in a open manner. It also points out how uninformed on real issues some of the candidates were/are, thus their amateur attempts to satisfy some of the personal desires of the vast majority of the voting public. Add in other publicly promised and advertised perks made to people who feel they are voting to change their life style and have already shown a propensity toward public demonstrations and even violence and you have a potential powder keg waiting for someone to light the fuse.

Lets face it - Pheu Thai have lied about everything from the start to garner votes and now this has come back to haunt them as they conveniently forgot the bit that say's they must honour them!!! Let them stew in their discomfort and I hope that the Thai people will NOW see what a bunch of irresponsible and uninteligent rabble they now have running (ruining) the country. Serves them right for believing PT!!!! Maybe there will be a people's revolt in the future which is far more acceptable than a coup in my eyes!!

Thanks.

Oh another promise was vote for us and get reconcilliation or vote for them and get a continuation of division.

They seem to have got that part right.

Lets face it - Pheu Thai have lied about everything from the start to garner votes and now this has come back to haunt them as they conveniently forgot the bit that say's they must honour them!!! Let them stew in their discomfort and I hope that the Thai people will NOW see what a bunch of irresponsible and uninteligent rabble they now have running (ruining) the country. Serves them right for believing PT!!!! Maybe there will be a people's revolt in the future which is far more acceptable than a coup in my eyes!!

If what you're saying is that the PTP should be left to govern, then in broad terms I agree with you.

If what you're saying is that the PTP should be left to govern, then in broad terms I agree with you.

If they were capable of doing so then I could accept this but unfortunately they are not so thats a negative on that one!!!