Best Sg2 After Market Rom

luudee

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use AOKP (Android 4.0.3 AOSP) with my Google Nexus Galaxy. It comes for a long range of phones including the SGS2. Once your phone is rooted it is very simple to install, install ROM Manager and Titanium backup from Market/Play (both free), download the appropriate ROM and Gapps images to your phones SD card, take a full backup, Install ClockworkMod recovery (using ROM Manager), reboot into recovery, wipe, load ROM, load Gapps, reboot, done. It's virtually that simple.

EDIT: Whoops - I just see it's only available for Galaxy S (S9000) - not S2. According to this thread it is due to Samsung only releasing the kernel source code last week, so it should probably become available in the near future.

AKOP is ported to the S2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1530179 been using it for about a week now and its really impressive, they have done nice work with the cm9 base. Video camera and fm radio doesn't work, incase your interested.

I use AOKP (Android 4.0.3 AOSP) with my Google Nexus Galaxy. It comes for a long range of phones including the SGS2. Once your phone is rooted it is very simple to install, install ROM Manager and Titanium backup from Market/Play (both free), download the appropriate ROM and Gapps images to your phones SD card, take a full backup, Install ClockworkMod recovery, reboot into recovery, wipe, load ROM, load Gapps, reboot, done. It's virtually that simple.

EDIT: Whoops - I just see it's only available for Galaxy S (S9000) - not S2. According to this thread it is due to Samsung only releasing the kernel source code last week, so it should probably become available in the near future.