Power Cuts In Hua Hin

roly

Hi all,

I was wondering how frequent power cuts in Hua Hin are? I've been in town nearly a year now but in the past week have experienced a few cuts.

In the past I was living just outside the town and I never really noticed any power issues, but my current location seems to be having a few - especially when the weather is bad! I guess that's Thailand for you!

It's a pain as the Internet goes down too.

Cheers.

We have infrequent outages in the south end of town, but usually for only a few minutes. The only long ones (hours) we've experienced in the last couple of years were when they were digging up and repaving Soi 112 and accidentally cut some cables (happened twice I think).

I have homes in both Hua Hin and Phuket, and we have much more power outs in Phuket

Modem can be kept live for a few hours with battery backup, most ISP/adsl suppliers have good battery/genny backup

The battery for my modem just died, time to get a new one I guess

If you are talking about your battery backup, mine died recently too but the switches, power off alarm, lights, and built in electrical outlets still worked. It was just a case of the rechargeable battery inside wearing out so that it would no longer hold a charge. I opened it and easly took out the battery and just took the old battery to HomePro and found an exact replacement for around 500 baht saving about 1200 over buying a new unit.

So if yours still alarms when the power goes off and the outlets on it still work, but the problem is that your computer doesn't stay on long enough to shut it down in a power outage, you can probably just replace the battery.

Edited by hhfarang

If you are talking about your battery backup, mine died recently too but the switches, power off alarm, lights, and built in electrical outlets still worked. It was just a case of the rechargeable battery inside wearing out so that it would no longer hold a charge. I opened it and easly took out the battery and just took the old battery to HomePro and found an exact replacement for around 500 baht saving about 1200 over buying a new unit.

So if yours still alarms when the power goes off and the outlets on it still work, but the problem is that your computer doesn't stay on long enough to shut it down in a power outage, you can probably just replace the battery.

yep, replaced only battery before, not the whole box. and laptop battery still good for an hour or so :)