Any Good Beaches Around Town?

hinhua

Hello.

Just remembered to ask whether there are any nice beaches around town? I have been already to the main beach, but not yet to koa takiap. What's there and is it worth visiting?

On the local beach there's a kind of reggae bar halfway down which was really nice, seems like a good place and was popular too. Lots of dogs and some scary looking locals though he he.

I met a guy who suggested I should go to some other beaches further south but I can't remember which ones now. I've been to cha-am beach already which I think is rather nice.

Thankyou.

The further south you go, the better the beaches get.

If you want a beach with services (chairs, tables, and small restaurants that will bring you food and drink, then try Takiab beach SOUTH of the mountain. It is a much nicer place to sit and enjoy than the beach from Hua Hin to the north side of the mountain.

Just a little further south past the new golf course you have Sea Pines Beach on the military base. That is a very nice beach with a cheap Thai restaurant and if you want a deserted beach walk south from there and you will probably see no one from Sea Pines to Kao Tao (where there are some more nice beaches).

Edited by hhfarang

Thanks, I went to take a look at Kao Takiap the other day. Thaivisa also seem to have some details on this, so I was thinking about the other beaches a bit further south too. There weren't many people at the beach, which is just how I like it actually. Not sure whether to drive the whole way though judging by the traffic on the main road, but seems manageable when it's quiet.

Thankyou