Crazy Ideas From Thai Ladys

MrRed

We have just had some grass put down last week and i said to the good lady we will have to buy something to cut the grass with now!

She said to me that 'no problem' she was going out with her friend so would look and let me know...ok was my reply.

I went out yesterday for a round of golf and come home to see the garden looking very nice and "trimmed"

Went into the garage to see or look for a mower!!! nothing i could see?

Puzzled i asked her in the kitchen the grass looks good and what did she buy to cut it with???

She turned to the draw and opened it....pulling out a pair of 3 inch scissors!! bah.gif smiling she said easy snip snip!!

Crazy!

'crazy' is not the word i would use...

No maybe not crazy if you are a tight arse and want to save money!

to me when you could buy a mower, even a push and pull for peanuts or as said before pay a worker 150 baht to do it then it is crazy!

to me when you could buy a mower, even a push and pull for peanuts or as said before pay a worker 150 baht to do it then it is crazy!

150bht = 12 hrs wages for unskilled worker.

How long it take lady to cut grass, if not 12hrs then she think worthwhile.

You may value you time different, Thai lady not think like that. Many Thai lady prefer to have 150bht!

150bht = 12 hrs wages for unskilled worker.

How long it take lady to cut grass, if not 12hrs then she think worthwhile.

You may value you time different, Thai lady not think like that. Many Thai lady prefer to have 150bht!

20 Sq meter of grass=3 inch scissors,she has more money than me just for clarity! wink.gif and payed 2 people 2 help her which i have just found out biggrin.gif

outch...! Imagine the blisters on forefinger and thumb if not, she got someone do it for her! :whistling:

I would feel exceedingly jumpy with having a prodigious pair of scissors around the house..... one indiscretion from you and it may not only be the grass that gets cut.

Your Miss's is barking mate…….3" scissors, she is swinging the lead, she could have done the job in half the time with a pair of 6" scissors. Have a word with her. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tonto21

Your Miss's is barking mate…….3" scissors, she is swinging the lead, she could have done the job in half the time with a pair of 6" scissors. Have a word with her. :rolleyes:

I did mate!

Said why didn't she use the whizzer (angle grinder) she also bought a 2 inch brush to Emulsion the hallway! blink.gif

Maybe she was just looking for an excuse to sharpen the scissors.

I dread to think what the paint brush and the angle grinder are for...

SC

I am quite surprised at her to be honest,she has got all the tools in the garage for doing her block work,plastering and tiling so it seems she needs to start paying a worker to do this instead of cutting corners on the small jobs.

She really is an accomplished tiler,but small jobs like trimming her lawn or putting a sander to use she should leave to the workers,I mean i can help her some times with a drill or spraying a bit of liquid about or filling the odd gap around the house but even that can be done by the maids if she is tired,i do give them a holding fee each month on top of there annual.

Anyway i give up! let her get on with it i guess?

Yeah -- I've had the same thing. It's just pitiful.

In the end I got a gardener. I paid him 200 baht per time.

Did he like it, or was he just going through the motions?

I could never understand that expression. Maybe someone here could explain it.

Most expressions (turd burglar, marmite miner, fudge packer, shirt lifter) are self-explanatory.

But I never figured out "uphill gardener".

I asked my girlfriend ,at the time, what do you think about my president George Bush. She said I like him he kills muslims. I said what ! She said yes he kill muslim they make Thailand look bad, refering to the problems in the south.

Yeah -- I've had the same thing. It's just pitiful.

In the end I got a gardener. I paid him 200 baht per time.

Did he like it, or was he just going through the motions?

I could never understand that expression. Maybe someone here could explain it.

Most expressions (turd burglar, marmite miner, fudge packer, shirt lifter) are self-explanatory.

But I never figured out "uphill gardener".

Me neither, another one that puzzles me is 'bowls from the pavillion end' :)

Answers on a post-card...

I asked my girlfriend ,at the time, what do you think about my president George Bush. She said I like him he kills muslims. I said what ! She said yes he kill muslim they make Thailand look bad, refering to the problems in the south.

Please, please, please tell me you dumped her and found a new one with an IQ over the national average ( 91 )... Or at least that you disabused her of the notion that such beleifs were reasonable. :blink:

The only on-topic reply jap.gif

As long as she will continue to do the "snip snip" by herself, great idea. Save you a lot of money on the mower. :lol:

Did she at any time serve in the British Army? BTW do not buy any coal. She'll only whitewash it.

Please, please, please tell me you dumped her and found a new one with an IQ over the national average ( 91 )... Or at least that you disabused her of the notion that such beleifs were reasonable. :blink:

There are some advantages to having a dumb broad as a partner. Prevents situations like the one below developing.

post-35987-0-78002900-1312427567_thumb.j