Ipad Use In Thailand

speerbob

Ps: It's a sign of how bad Safari is that despite them crashing regularly, and I mean really often, I still prefer to use Opera or Atomic. (Perfect Browser is just too unstable to use. But saying Safari is most stable is really damnation by little praise.

And do we know how to get round the mail links opening automatically in the abysmal Safari? Does one have to unlock.....and how do people find that?

(To add insult to injury it won't let you open in the background.)

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I've never had mail links open automatically in Safari. I've had ads open when I accidently touched one when trying to scroll. And an iPad is considered a mobile device. It uses the same iOS as the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is not a full featured computer. If you wanted a full featured computer, I guess you should have bought one. If you want to play around with unlocking it do a Google search. There are plenty articles about it. But there are some drawbacks to doing it as well. Like every time the iOS is updated, you have to wait for someone to write a new crack to unlock it... I'm waiting to see what iOS 5 has in it. It's supposed to make the devices independent of a computer. Probably because it will use a cloud for backup instead of your computer.

And do we know how to get round the mail links opening automatically in the abysmal Safari? Does one have to unlock.....and how do people find that?

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I've never had mail links open automatically in Safari.

My Mail links will only open in Safari....no choice. With Safari's limitations I don't like it one bit. Nor will the links open in Safari behind Mail which I would consider a normal requirement.

And an iPad is considered a mobile device. It uses the same iOS as the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is not a full featured computer. If you wanted a full featured computer, I guess you should have bought one.

Yes I really should have bought the Air 11inch......although I hear the battery life isn't all that.

The iPad gives you wonderful battery life but at the great cost of almost no multitasking or loading in background.

BTW my friend's been greatly enjoying his Nook, it seems rather good.

I love reading the iPad I find iBooks excellent, and podcasts are good, but for getting things done it's only for on the fly work, and for a reader it's a lot of money.

Edited by cheeryble

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. I've never had mail links open automatically in Safari.

My Mail links will only open in Safari....no choice. With Safari's limitations I don't like it one bit. Nor will the links open in Safari behind Mail which I would consider a normal requirement.

And an iPad is considered a mobile device. It uses the same iOS as the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is not a full featured computer. If you wanted a full featured computer, I guess you should have bought one.

Yes I really should have bought the Air 11inch......although I hear the battery life isn't all that.

The iPad gives you wonderful battery life but at the great cost of almost no multitasking or loading in background.

BTW my friend's been greatly enjoying his Nook, it seems rather good.

I love reading the iPad I find iBooks excellent, and podcasts are good, but for getting things done it's only for on the fly work, and for a reader it's a lot of money.

Ah, I understand what you're talking about now. I'm not sure more things would open or be better in a different browser than Safari. iPads don't support Adobe Flash or Java script. The only reason I have an iPad is that I have a friend that owns a few Apple repair shops and he gave me one for my wife. It's great for what she does it seems. Plus it's easy to change the keyboard between English and Thai. I do really like FlexPlayer though. It allows me to watch downloaded bit torrent avi videos without having to convert them to mp4v files first.