Dreambox Card Reader Not Working

Luciv6

Jsat, its now working with SCAM. Thank you!!!

Anytime .. But this as I said above in another post is only temporarily until they turn off the current Irdeto encryption and fully enable NDS.

And then, you think, it will be impossible to overcome?

No idea what so ever ...

JSAT, do you think the fact that SCAM is not seeing my card (though its working) is an issue? It still takes 3-6 seconds before an image shows up after changing channel ... this hasn't gotten any better. I take it something isn't quite working properly here

SCAM is seeing your card, else it would not be working right? Maybe you are not seeing it the places you are looking, i.e. look in the /tmp/camd.socket file and it will show in there. This SCAM option is only one of three ways of doing it as I said in our original post above. One which the provider of your clone dream box knows nothing of from what you have said.

Thanks JSat. From the sounds of it, SCAM doesn't link-up to the yellow cardinfo button at all. Seen some others getting no info, but the card working as well.

I'll give the other options you mentioned a try, but I'm just happy to have the dam_n thing finally going.

Your a life saver, owe you a beer anytime you want to call it in!

I've got the True 2nd card ... however, if you want more ... it means an entire new installation with another satellite dish; cause True will not split more than 2 signals from the same dish. Rather expensive for a completely redundant piece of hardware. But understood, won't ask about the cardsharing side of things.

JSAT, do you think the fact that SCAM is not seeing my card (though its working) is an issue? It still takes 3-6 seconds before an image shows up after changing channel ... this hasn't gotten any better. I take it something isn't quite working properly here

Hmm, how about a DM8000, and access that over the internet in your

home. You don't share cards, only use one box, and access the video

either locally on the TV, or in another room through a web browser ....

Nothing illegal here ....

Cheers,

rudi

• 1 month later...

I found Cccam was the best for supporting cards on my DB7020,

both Irdeto and Viaccess.

The problem can be that the regular updates of the cards

are not handled, and an external CAM may be needed. :bah: