New Requirements For 90-Day Reporting

JFC. Allow me to clarify. What I said was " You go to Imm & renew your yearly permit to stay." 90 days later you do your first 90 day report. 180 days in you do your second 90 day report. At 270 days in you do your 3rd 90 day report (all this assumes the person never leaves the Kingdom). At 365 days it's time to renew your permit to stay. And you told me IMM want a 90 day report at that time & I commented that this makes no sense since your address is on the paperwork required to renew the permit to stay.

Absolutely insane.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JFC. Allow me to clarify. What I said was " You go to Imm & renew your yearly permit to stay." 90 days later you do your first 90 day report. 180 days in you do your second 90 day report. At 270 days in you do your 3rd 90 day report (all this assumes the person never leaves the Kingdom). At 365 days it's time to renew your permit to stay. And you told me IMM want a 90 day report at that time & I commented that this makes no sense since your address is on the paperwork required to renew the permit to stay.

Absolutely insane.

The office that requires 90 day reports is not the same as those that do extensions of stay in Bangkok and the rule is only the first application for extension of stay counts as an address report (no TM.47 required). Thereafter you must file TM.47 to report.

Just a thought, there doesnt seem to be a maximum fine quoted,if they start enforcing it fully could be a big problem for long term overstayers since they

would not have been reporting either.

Terry

There is a maximum fine quoted; 5000 baht.

But there is no limit placed on the 200 baht per day additional fine per below direct quote from Immigration Act of 2522. Believe it is designed to apply to anyone who refuses to pay regular fine (from that day) but it is not clear when/how/if it would be used.

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Immigration is there one day a month (maybe - until December) for general use. Believe hospital will handle 90 day reports at normal 500 baht per trip fee at other times but not sure on that.

Regarding the question above on this, there's a separate TV thread here on Bangkok Mobile Immigration services started by TV member Todd Daniels... It includes the details on the two mobile locations currently available in Bangkok, a place in the KSRoad area on the second Saturdays of each month and Bumrungrad Hospital on the third Saturday of each month...

My full report on my recent visit to Bumrungrad last Sat. is posted in that thread, including the conversation with the Immigration supervisor of the mobile unit saying that those two services are only slated to continue thru December... After that... who knows... She said they have no plans at present to continue beyond December....

As for fees, from my experience, if you prepare all your documents yourself and don't ask the hospital staff to get involved, then the only fees you pay at Bumrungrad are the regular Immigration dictated fees you'd pay at Chaeng Wattana or anywhere else.

The Bumrungrad clinic is open to anyone...not just Bumrungrad patients. But as you can read from my report in the other thread, apparently sometimes, it takes some convincing to remind certain Immigration staff of that.

Edited by jfchandler

wow... **jaw-dropped** That saves 6 hours.

The Immigration staff are supposed to be showing up there on the designated Saturday at 9 am... but at least lately since members here have been using and reporting on their experiences there, Immigration regularly has been showing up late...

Last Saturday, both Immigration and the hospital confirmed earlier in the week they were supposed to be there and open starting at 9 am... Perhaps predictably, no one from Immigration showed up until 10 am.... Though the supervisor there told me their ongoing starting time still is supposed to be 9. (They apparently were late the month before as well, based on reports from members who were there that day).

Once Immigration arrived at 10 am... I was done and out by 11 am with my annual extension of stay, re-entry permit and 90-day report all under my belt.

Curiously, Immigration appears to be doing absolutely nothing to publicize or promote these mobile services in the farang community that would use them. Perhaps that's because they're not planning to continue them anyway.

Edited by jfchandler

" Pay 1900 Baht every time for 90-day report!? Certainly something very new...!"

Maybe, or might be what's commonly referred to as "Tea Money" (possibly it wasn't actually used to buy Tea) . . . :cheesy:

On my first first application for a retirement extension of my "O" Visa - The nice lady who had the job of approving or rejecting it explained my responsibilities in detail. As she was finishing and telling me to come back in the afternoon to pick up my passport, she told me to bring something else-- but I couldn't understand what she was saying.

In a case like this, my standard response is to take a paper and pen and ask the Thai speaker to spell whatever it is they they're trying to say. She proceeded as I slowly wrote the letters B L A C K L A B E L -- I said "you want me to bring a bottle of liquor?" - She said "Yes, and my boss will approve your Retirement Visa". Needless to say, I complied.

Later, a friend told me that had been a regular practice but was supposed to have been stopped a couple of years ago. Welcome to LOS, Mr. Newbie . . .

Edited by SurfRider

Reading daiwill`s post,I get the impression,that he mix up the 90-day with something else. Pay 1900 Baht every time for 90-day report!? Certainly something very new...!!

" Pay 1900 Baht every time for 90-day report!? Certainly something very new...!"

Maybe, or might be what's commonly referred to as "Tea Money" (possibly it wasn't actually used to buy Tea) . . . :cheesy:

Yes, daiwill obviously got things mixed up. See this post earlier in this topic:

Daiwill above appears to be confusing 90 day reports with visa extensions of stay...

There is no 1900 baht charge for 90 day reports, no charge at all, of course.

There is a 1900 baht charge for extensions of stay, which presumably was what he was doing.

Mystery solved. Some people, like those studying Thai at a private school, need an extension of stay costing 1,900 Baht every 90 days. What is commonly referred to in this forum as the "90 day report" is the "Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days" with form TM.47 and this is free of charge. For the student of Thai language, this report of staying over 90 days and the application for extension of stay with form TM.7 are often due on the same date and thus can be done on the same visit to immigration.

Absolutely insane.

Agreed, absolutely insane.

I fell foul of that rule once, I might add on the advice of an IO who told me that I didn't need to do a report as I had just extended, and it cost me 2000 Baht. They simply were not interested in any reasoning, like if I had travelled here and queued for many hours to do my extension why would I not report to another desk and get a little bit of paper? They would not budge, and I had to pay the 2000 Baht, they pointed out it's on their website, which it is, I can remember thinking it's probably one of the few rules that is up to date on their site.

Edited by theoldgit

Maestro, I thought the poster below was indicating he is an employed teacher... not a student....

Mystery solved. Some people, like those studying Thai at a private school, need an extension of stay costing 1,900 Baht every 90 days.

As a teacher in a University Satit school , I recently went to Immigration in Khon Kaen for what was supposed to be a 90 day report. As it happened , due to the policy of the University I work in, to get all the contracts of their farang employees renewed at the same time ( september/ october), my contract is due for renewal at the end of September, therefore i was only given 50 days on my visa, as opposed to 90 days, 1900 bht khop khun krap sir.

Must admit since joining the Uni as an employee, I have had to go to KK Immigration on two occasions now...

Welcome to the LOS Sir and thank you for teaching our kids.

Edited by jfchandler

I made my 90 day report, 9 days early, today at Chiang Watanna. No change and no indication of any change pending. Arrived 0945 and 22 waiting ahead of me - submitted passport/TM.47/TM.47 receipt from previous report after 20 minute wait - five minutes later received passport and new TM.47 receipt and proceeded to do my banking transactions downstairs.

Ditto for me today/26 Aug 11, at Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok Immigration. Just handed the immigration officer three documents: (1) the completed TM47 form, (2) TM47 receipt from previous reporting and (3) passport with arrival/departure card stapled inside.

When I got to the 90 day address reporting office there were 21 people ahead of me according to my queue ticket number....watched all these folks ahead of me handover the same three documents....nothing more. Didn't see any notices on the wall or TV flatscreen about any new requiremens....in fact, the TV was playing a patriotic Thai video where normally it's playing instructions on how to accomplish 90 day reporting. And as mentioned, I just handed over those three documents, sat back down for about 5 minutes, and then they called me to pickup my passport with new TM47 receipt....out the door I went about 25 minutes after walking in the office.

Only thing different today compared to the last two times was I had to hand in my documents, set back down, and give them about 5 minutes to process everything....the previous two times I handed in my documents, stood at the counter while they immediately processed every thing, and handed back my passport and new TM47 receipt. But today they did seem a little short of their normal staffing level.

Summary: at least for me (and the 21 people ahead of me) no change experienced in documents required to accomplish 90 day address report at Bangkok Immigration. Maybe the new procedures posted at some offices are really optional depending on how each office administers the 90 day reporting....I expect some offices are more IT automated than others which might mininize paperwork requirements...and/or some offices just like collecting more paperwork to recycle/sell. Your results may vary.

• 2 weeks later...

No change in documents required for 90 day report by mail at Chaengwattana in Bangkok.

Sent my documents -

photocopies of:

- passport information page

- extension of stay stamp

- last entry stamp

- arrival card

original:

- TM. 47

on 19 August for 26 August report date.

Received new "Receipt of Notification" back on 3 September.

The new 90-Day reporting requirements are DEFINITELY in effect at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration.

The information was published in the Pattaya City Expats Club's Newsletters on August 4 & 11 including a list of documents needed. It has been on the PCEC Website since August 9th. It appears their website was the source of the "Pattaya One" Breaking-News story.

[ Really nice of Thai Immigration to give everyone a heads-up . . . :bah: ]

No it's not. My wife went there this morning to do my 90 day report armed only with my passport and the completed TM 47. In and out in 10 minutes.

"My wife went there this morning to do my 90 day report armed only with my passport and the completed TM 47. In and out in 10 minutes"

She wouldn't happen to be Thai, would she? . . . :lol:

It would be interesting to see what hoops a Farang would have been required to jump through.

"My wife went there this morning to do my 90 day report armed only with my passport and the completed TM 47. In and out in 10 minutes"

She wouldn't happen to be Thai, would she? . . . :lol:

It would be interesting to see what hoops a Farang would have been required to jump through.

What has being Thai got to do with it? Rules are rules. Perhaps it all about being polite.

"What has being Thai got to do with it? Rules are rules. Perhaps it all about being polite"

Perhaps, but are you really not aware that Thais are treated much differently than Farangs in many cases?

Here are the latest new RULES, as posted at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration and further verified by the former British Honorary Consul who works daily at Pattaya Immigration assisting foreigners in navigating the many procedural Immigration vagaries.

90 Day Address Reporting: NEW REQUIREMENTS - Immigration Headquarters has instructed their Offices to require additional documentation to be submitted with the TM 47 - 90 day address report. We have received reports that these requirements are in effect – if you don't have the additional documents, you will be asked to provide them to complete the address reporting process – the documents are:

► Copy of passport Face Page

► Copy of latest Immigration Permission to Stay Stamp

► Copy of TM Departure Card (this is the white card that should be stapled in your passport)

► Copy of a document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc.)

"What has being Thai got to do with it? Rules are rules. Perhaps it all about being polite"

Perhaps, but are you really not aware that Thais are treated much differently than Farangs in many cases?

Here are the latest new RULES, as posted at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration and further verified by the former British Honorary Consul who works daily at Pattaya Immigration assisting foreigners in navigating the many procedural Immigration vagaries.

90 Day Address Reporting: NEW REQUIREMENTS - Immigration Headquarters has instructed their Offices to require additional documentation to be submitted with the TM 47 - 90 day address report. We have received reports that these requirements are in effect if you don't have the additional documents, you will be asked to provide them to complete the address reporting process the documents are:

► Copy of passport Face Page

► Copy of latest Immigration Permission to Stay Stamp

► Copy of TM Departure Card (this is the white card that should be stapled in your passport)

► Copy of a document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc.)

Given that I have been married to a Thai lady for 18 years and stayed with her for 5 years prior to getting married then I reckon I know full well that treatment of one against another is quite often different. I guess of all the 90 day reporters in Thailand some 80% or more have a Thai partner of one kind or another. If the Thai element of a partnership were to make the 90 day report on behalf of the foreigner then according to your criteria (or opinion) their respective 90 day reporting would be easier.

Edited by mallyrd

I stay with my lady friend since years. There is no document at all that is issued to my name. Now what?

If I were you I would try to get a bill issued in your name for the long term. But for the short term couldn't you have her sign some officious sounding letter documenting your long standing living arrangement? Worst case you could even pay a lawyer to certify it. No, I have no idea if those ideas would work, but if I were you that's what I would try first.

If I were you I would try to get a bill issued in your name for the long term. But for the short term couldn't you have her sign some officious sounding letter documenting your long standing living arrangement? Worst case you could even pay a lawyer to certify it. No, I have no idea if those ideas would work, but if I were you that's what I would try first.

OK, I'm holder of a WP and a Thai driving licence (Expiring March 2017) as well. But this are documents issued already long time ago. Is there any other thing that I can show if the immigration wants to see documents for the f...ing 90 day report?

I stay with my lady friend since years. There is no document at all that is issued to my name. Now what?

Well, the first thing I'd do would be to check with the particular Immigration Office where I (you) do my (your) 90 day reports as to what their current requirements are...

Because, notwithstanding the title of this thread, it's abundantly clear that these supposed changes either have NOT been made or are NOT being enforced in many places, including main Immigration in Bangkok...

So you might find yourself saved a lot of headache and trouble if you make that inquiry first...

Then, if you do happen to have Chonburi as your office, you might try going early and trying your 90 day report there with just the normal documents (without anything extra). If they accept with just the basic documents (as one member at Chonburi posted just above), then you're done and good...

If they don't and tell you they need more info, then at least you still have extra time to work out a solution prior to your deadline. Under the rules, you can report (or try to report) anytime up to 15 days before your due date. If they kick you back for more info, there's no penalty... as long as you eventually report before your due date.

And for those folks who don't have living arrangements in their own name, another way is to sign up for one of the various mobile phone companies' post-paid monthly service plans, where they'll send the bill to your home address each month. That anyone can do, regardless of who owns or manages their residence, without needing anyone else's consent.

OK, I'm holder of a WP and a Thai driving licence (Expiring March 2017) as well. But this are documents issued already long time ago.

Isn't the maximum validity of a Thai driving license 5 years?

Currently issued is 5 years but there is a lifetime license that many of us still have from previous times.

Went yesterday. Had all my papers ready. I got a number and was 21 in line for action, but 2 officers working at desk 3.

It was slow because people were asking what would do for the "Proof of address" as they had no bills in their name. One guy even bought a folder with his tax papers. Another guy was sent away to get a copy of his TM card, to job of which he immediately allocated to the Thai Wife!

Then when I was only 5 from the front, a Thai lady sat down and pulled out 10-12 passports, of many different colours and covers, and one officer took on the task with calm efficiency.

I got mine done, but it was longer than the old 5 minutes in and out. But I am retired, so was not worried. OK, it was Monday. Must remember the leeway and go Tue-Thurs.

"It was slow because people were asking what would do for the "Proof of address""

grahamhc,

Most of this thread has been about the requirements at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration, but many have posted about their varying experiences at other Imm. offices.

Did you do your 90-day report at PATTAYA or some other office?

OK, I'm holder of a WP and a Thai driving licence (Expiring March 2017) as well. But this are documents issued already long time ago.

Isn't the maximum validity of a Thai driving license 5 years?

When I renewed my licences in Nang Rong in December 2010 they gave me expiry dates of my birthday in November 2016. i.e. 5 years, 11 months

I did my 90-day address report today at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration (Thursday 2:30pm). I decided I would run a test to see what they would ask for. I got the four copies to satisfy the alleged new requirements at the shop next door.

When I asked the guy who runs the queue numbers if I needed a number - he pointed outside and said "copy passport" (it later turned out he was only revealing 25% of the mystery). There were no Expats waiting and one clerk at the ready. I handed him the normal requisite form and my passport.

He said "Copy House-Paper" - I handed him a copy of a several month old Internet bill. He said "copy passport" - I handed that to him and he said "Copy Visa" - then "Copy 'something unintelligible'". I had only one document remaining, so I gave him that. He was satisfied and promptly applied the stamps. In and out in 5 minutes.

Of course, the wind could be blowing in a different direction tomorrow and all requirements might change.

For people in this thread who have expressed concern over address documentation, a House-Paper might be the answer. My House-Paper has only a bit of Thai gibberish and my address - no name is on the document.