Overstay By Several Years

I understand this topic is done to death but I need to know if the maximum fine for overstay has increased from 20000?

For the pundits "no it's not but a chap I know"

He has gone to Bangkok already I just have an inkling he is trying to scam his wife for extra dosh before he leaves under the story he will be back in two weeks.

I am aware of D'ont get caught about town - go to the airport with ticket pay up the 20000 and off you should go.

Just need to confirm the maximum fine is still 20000 baht Urgent response needed please.

Regards

Mijan24

There is no such thing as a day limit - the fine is 500 baht per day up to 20k baht max.

I thought a new law was that long overstay ( intentional ) get threat of a prison sentence. :huh:

How does the law interpret "Intentional"?

OP's '' several '' years, in my book that is intentional. :)

There is no such thing as a day limit - the fine is 500 baht per day up to 20k baht max.

I thought a new law was that long overstay ( intentional ) get threat of a prison sentence. :huh:

How does the law interpret "Intentional"?

OP's '' several '' years, in my book that is intentional. :)

I agree on that, but it is the small fish who constantly overstay by a few days that should be getting looked at.

I personally know a guy who overstayed 2 years, then got a visa, could not be bothered to do a visa run is on

overstay again, now at around 6 months, and no passport as well!!!!

Any overstay is subject to below but as policy if payment is made and no other issues they are free to leave and return. They are occasionally detained until police checks are made.

Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with permission expired or revoked

shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or

both.

Any overstay is subject to below but as policy if payment is made and no other issues they are free to leave and return. They are occasionally detained until police checks are made.

Section 81 : Any alien who stay in the Kingdom without permission or with permission expired or revoked

shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or a fine not exceeding 20,000 Baht or

both.

Yep, ''OR both'', and several years really is taking the mickey. :huh:

Confirmed - still the same 20k.

Lopburi thank you for the response and the expediency.

Mijan24

Hi there guys you seemed to have covered the complte gambit. The chap I am talking about is a well educated man and has been the source of offering and providing assistance to many farangs here in Khon Kaen so why he has let himself get into this predicament beats me.

I have found out since I posted earlier that he is actually 8 years overstay I don't know if he has delusions of grandeur or what but he has also made the mistake of talking to immigration in Bangkso (so he told his wife) The 8 years is also suspect as I thought he had travelled out a few times in the last 6 years or so - I think there may well be more to the situation than I am party to.

Once again thanks to all I can only point out the factual things about overstay to her if he has some sinister motive it it will be up to his wife who by the way is no spring chicken and her fairly well renowned family to sort out.

Edited by Maestro
Deleted off-topic attachment