Keeway Cruiser

geoffphuket

Hi guys,

I've just been reading about Keeway motorcycles and its got me interested in their 250cc V twin 'Cruiser' model. Web site: http://www.keewaymotor.com/motor_cruiser.html

Does anyone know if there's a dealer in Thailand selling these machines - Phuket would be ideal, but that's probably asking a lot. Anyway if anyone 's got one I'd be interested in hearing about it :jap:

I saw one in Pattaya about a month ago. On a`red plate with about 400km on it, so someone found a place to buy one.

Not a bad-looking bike but I know nothing about them so off to check your link.

Black and shiny it was, with good size (Chinese) rubber.

In case you don't know already, the bike is sold as Mbike Cruiser for 92,000 Baht in Thailand. You should find a list of dealers or contact data on the SYM website. Please tell us about it if you buy one :)

Thanks for the link. - I've e-mailed them to see if there's a dealer local to me.

Doing some research these bikes seem to receive nothing but praise from their owners - mainly in South America, but also across Europe. There's also some interesting YouTube videos.

• 2 weeks later...

Below is a full copy of the e-mail I received from SYM when I enquired for more information. Not a single 'Thank You', address, or reference given. And, to make matters worse, e-mails sent to the main company web site regarding spares and after-sales service have gone completely UN-answered. So what do you do when the machine breaks down, other than cry? Would I buy one now. Errrr..... NO THANK YOU!

'You can buy at the dealership, Songkhla SIAMCHAI Motors 074-234-898.'

That looks like the 2 bikes that have been in Mityon (opp Tony's Gym, 3rd Rd, Pattaya) for the last several months. From the spec sheet at that link site the power to weight ratio ain't to good!

cruisers always look underpowered to me ,but theyre built for comfort so its horses for courses i suppose,

if theres enough torque to pull you up a hill without difficultys it should be ok and a 250cc engine should have no problems doing that if people can do it on 100cc waves

• Like 1

Below is a full copy of the e-mail I received from SYM when I enquired for more information. Not a single 'Thank You', address, or reference given. And, to make matters worse, e-mails sent to the main company web site regarding spares and after-sales service have gone completely UN-answered. So what do you do when the machine breaks down, other than cry? Would I buy one now. Errrr..... NO THANK YOU!

'You can buy at the dealership, Songkhla SIAMCHAI Motors 074-234-898.'

You got an answer! In English language!! There is someone writing english mails for you!!! You should be happy and smiling!!!!

;)

OK, looking at the website i would not expect that the mail form is working. But they gave you the number of a Dealer in South Thailand. Maybe there is no one in Phuket. A few difficulties are normal if you don't want to buy a Honda. But of course i understand your decision. What are you buying instead?

• 4 weeks later...

In case you don't know already, the bike is sold as Mbike Cruiser for 92,000 Baht in Thailand. You should find a list of dealers or contact data on the SYM website. Please tell us about it if you buy one :)

They now reduced the price of the Keeway Cruiser to 75,000 Baht (Link to Sym-Website). Seems they want to get some of the Lifan customers with this price. I hope this is cheap enough for someone here to buy one and tell us how it is :D

Keeway also introduced the Superlight 200, which is something of a sportscruiser. It is targeted at people looking for something similar to a Honda Phantom 200 or Kawasaki Boss 175. It costs 59,000 THB.

You can search Internet for some reviews...

• 8 years later...

i got a 250 cruiser, the gearing is a fkin laugh, bottom gear is a joke, i see some virago owners change the sprockets (same motor) i am looking into this, have not come across anyone with a KEEYWAY yet who has dont it,