Jet Ski Scam Pattaya When Will It Stop

saintofsilence

been to Pattaya today. are we talking about jet skis or waverunners being the problem? I saw no jet skis so maybe they have got rid of them. Loads of waverunners, and I would not recommend swimming out from the beach.

Waverunners are a lot easier to ride, so maybe less problems in the future with alledged accidents.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been to Pattaya today. are we talking about jet skis or waverunners being the problem? I saw no jet skis so maybe they have got rid of them. Loads of waverunners, and I would not recommend swimming out from the beach.

Waverunners are a lot easier to ride, so maybe less problems in the future with alledged accidents.

If you're thinking of a waverunner as being a machine that you sit down whilst riding and a jet ski as being one that you stand up whilst riding then the waverunners are the problem. The stand up machines require a bit of practicing on before you get the hang of them and so the easiest and most popular rental machines are the sit-downs. (From what i understand these days waverunners (Yamaha) and jet skis (Kawasaki) are both available in either sit down or stand up varieties).

Two very old and often previously posted videos removed, if you have nothing new then do not post here in an attempt to keep the topic alive.

New information only please.

Why not just close this thread? it's like a broken record.

spot on mate,at least cal wow is over.

Pattaya jet ski operator trickery.

The way Pattaya jet ski scammers get away with extortion is that they use water-soluble putty over damage, spray paint, then take a before picture with a customer. Water splashing dissolves the putty, so they have picture proof of damage. This was told to me by an honest beach vendor who is sick of seeing angry tourists getting ripped off. Last time I was in Pattaya, scammer numbers were increasing with a new group of thugs right in front of the police station. You might consider writing a piece, with pictures, of this blatant thievery.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

I believe the Mayor, his family and high ranking Police could track down the farangs posting jet ski scam reports.

If they could shut them up, the jet ski guys could get back to work, bring in millions per month for their bosses.

As I have said before, the mayor/city council and the police work seperately. The jet ski scams with thugs will not stop as long as the police are connected to it (which they are). The mayor has only done "lip service" to look like he is concerned; however, having council meetins and asking the police to do something is a waste of time. Evidently the govenor of Chonburri knows it so now he is getting involved since the mayor is powerless.

The Chonburi Governor can't even get the beach chair operators to cooperate.

Mangozeen Blog - MAY 2008 - The Chonburi governor has been fighting with the Pattaya's omnipotent beach chair operator since his swearing in ceremony. Basically he wants to assign 7 meter by 7 meter plots to decongest the narrow beach strip for public use ie being able to lay down on the sand without having to shell out 30 baht for a crapped out chair.

Provincial governor are usually very powerful, however the present occupant of that title has run into a stubborn resistance from the locals, who think that this occupation of the beach is a marketable right of possession and frustrated by the lack of support from the Interior Minister, the Chonburi governor has threatened to resign to any post offered to him rather than kowtow to the Pattaya beach mafia, unless they adopt his plan within 30 days.

The Chonburi Governor can't even get the beach chair operators to cooperate.

Mangozeen Blog - MAY 2008 - The Chonburi governor has been fighting with the Pattaya's omnipotent beach chair operator since his swearing in ceremony. Basically he wants to assign 7 meter by 7 meter plots to decongest the narrow beach strip for public use ie being able to lay down on the sand without having to shell out 30 baht for a crapped out chair.

Provincial governor are usually very powerful, however the present occupant of that title has run into a stubborn resistance from the locals, who think that this occupation of the beach is a marketable right of possession and frustrated by the lack of support from the Interior Minister, the Chonburi governor has threatened to resign to any post offered to him rather than kowtow to the Pattaya beach mafia, unless they adopt his plan within 30 days.

In a bowl of fish, it's the biggest fish that's the boss, even if he's only 1 inch long.

Two very old and often previously posted videos removed, if you have nothing new then do not post here in an attempt to keep the topic alive.

Say it ain't so. I've been hoping someone would stick a fork in that thread for a long time. clap2.gif

It's still there ,I'm moving to Indo,Yogyakarta,not a jet ski or calwow in sight.

Say it ain't so. I've been hoping someone would stick a fork in that thread for a long time. clap2.gif

Not it Pattaya...

Patong Jet-Skis Burn in Five Million Baht Workshop Blaze: Hunt for Arson Suspects

I think arson is distasteful... But in this case... burn baby, burn. I hope they never catch those guys.

Edited by Rimmer
Link to source removed We are not allowed to use that source

Not it Pattaya...

Patong Jet-Skis Burn in Five Million Baht Workshop Blaze: Hunt for Arson Suspects

I think arson is distasteful... But in this case... burn baby, burn. I hope they never catch those guys.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I guess they finally messed with the wrong guys. Was waiting for something like this to happen. Sum num na!

Edited by Rimmer
link

Are the scams still going on daily? I don't walk the beach much these days.

my first trip to the beach today.

having collected my "hansum man " disguise at swampy i did a brief stealth sweep along the beach from mikes back towards walking st. not much happening, not many tourists about and starting to spit with rain about 16 15. some of the old worn and faded beach umbrellas have been replaced and a lot of tree cover hacked back but otherwise it's like i haven't been away.

and so it was no great shock to find the old guy (looks like an extra from the water margin) shouting at a group of indians right next to the jet ski's opposite the best friend bars.

so the answer to the above question is sadly yes

Yeah Striderman, you're the best, keep up the good work. If you like i can order a superhero cape and mask for you on your crusade to put a stop to this horrible jet ski scam that is truly one of the worlds biggest issues at the moment.

This is one of the worst threads going, it's like every page is almost the same - very boring!

This is one of the worst threads going, it's like every page is almost the same - very boring!

It can't be all bad, seeing that you keep coming back for more. rolleyes.gif

I'm waiting to read " no progress ( and never will be ) with jet ski scam - thread closed ".

I'm waiting to read " no progress ( and never will be ) with jet ski scam - thread closed ".

Closing it may make you happy, I suppose. But keeping it open may warn potential victims.

I vote for open. :)

Closing it may make you happy, I suppose. But keeping it open may warn potential victims.

I vote for open. smile.png

I vote for close - should we start a poll? i'm sure it would be pretty close

You seem to keep coming back trying to get this tread closed, you should pursue more inportant things in life! The view count disagrees with you and this does not need to voted on because it bores you.

• Like 1