Land Prices - Again! - In Loei

Know well trodden path but has anyone got any idea on land prices in the Phu Rea District in Loei? Looking at land near road, water,electricity etc with Chanote. Also any recommendations as to local builders in the District. Already have house in Phatum Thani -( or more correctly my wive has!) - and looking to build Thai style home in Loei as need the cold air.................Appreciate difficult as know many variables in pricing particulary in Thailand, but any real life examples for guidance will help. Thankyou.

• 1 month later...

Replying to my own post for anyone interested!

Went up there again last week, well trodden path for us as visited the area for many years (refugee in Phatum Thani so no where else to go to!) - saw various land agents et al. Asked people in some of the villages if they had land for sale. Up shot is that they all knew the same parcels of land. Except when asking locals in the villages. I know from last visits some of the same land has been for sale for over a year. Prices varied from 150k to 200k B. per Rai. The most expensive was from dealing direct with the actual owners. All the locals seem to have land speculation as their second trade to farming and I would doubt any real bargains to be had. All open to negotiation of course. All claimed to have full chanute - but not checked any with solicitors etc to verify, and would probably use out of town solicitor for that. All near to roads but not the main one into Loei. Land sizes varied from 11 Rai to 40 Rai. Everyone I think up their knows what they want for their land and will only sell for right price for them. All land near the main road alot more expensive - and was told Thai business people already have bought along time ago - who knows!. Major companies CP etc already bought the major tracks of land from the locals a while back. Just what I have found out so like all things message is take your time do your home work and be carefull out there. Still in my opinion the most beautiful part of Thailand, and I think probably one of the richest. My wife and I will be buying some land up there as we did see some really nice plots.

My Thai wife went first to see all the land so sure not getting special foriegner price - maybe out of town Thai prices, for her! As I said sure people may have found land cheaper or more expensive in the district I am looking at in Loei just what I have found. But just starting the journey keep you posted.

• Like 1

Yes agree. Thankyou for your feed back.The only worrying aspect I saw was the land officer was also acting as a land agent/broker in his spare time selling land for other parties and negotiating the prices. Just wanted/need another independant Thai Solicitor in the loop to verify the documents were indeed genuine. Seems to be close knit communities there so for the sake of a few extra dollars would probably deem worth it based on the amount of monies being transferred for the purchase. Not expecting anyy guarantees in life just always been cautious when spending money particulary in Thailand.

• 6 months later...

Bought 8 Rai with full Chanote for 200,000 per Rai. It's near the main road. And very picturesque being on hillside My wife about to proceed with National house builder we saw in Phrae. They build traditional style Thai houses. Took up references from Thais and non nationals. Sure will be more twists and turns but so far happy with the progress. All be it leisurely. They bring their own work gang from Phrae. House part built in Phrae then completed on site. Keep posted when building starts. Any pointers on traditional Thai furniture welcome. Saw some in Phrae and in Chang Mai. Any shops in BKK.worth looking at for quality Thai furniture?

• Like 1

No sorry do not guzzi850m2. One reason looking for second home is that we currently live in Phatum Thani and were flooded out. Along with everyone else Not likely to happen in Phu Rea. Main reason however for living there part of the year is cooler weather for me as well as the scenic, quiet area.

On star base leader phone. Will try and dig out Will try and post some of the build when work actually starts. Probably November/ December. Have to wait in line for our turn to come round so reading January as Thai builders same as all others around the world. Anyone got any suggestions on quality traditional Thai furniture in BKK area?