Strange New Enforcement Detail At Jomtien Immigration

I received my 1-year Non-Immigrant "O" renewal visa at the Chonburi Immigration Office / Jomtien Soi 5 on June 6, 2012. They only wanted ONE copy of the TM 7 form. They did not require 2 handwritten copies. Your mileage may vary!

Immigration does not issue non immigrant O renewal visas so expect you received a one year extension of stay - was it for retirement by any chance? That is a local decision made on the spot by Jomtien.

I don’t know why anyone referres to the Immigration Office as Jomtien or Pattaya Immigration, as it is quite clearly named CHONBURI IMMIGRATION as per the sign out the front of the building.

The TM7 forms that they are now handing out at the front door are also now stamped in blue, CHONBURI IMMIGRATION. As of today.

I also don't understand why they don't call it a RETIREMENT Visa, as every one of mine in my Passport are stamped RETIREMENT.

Edited by OZEMADE

It is called Jomtien because the office used to be located in Pattaya and is now on Soi 5 in Jomtien. It is the location just as we in Bangkok use the location (Chiang Watanna) as the name.

It is called a retirement extension of stay because that is what it is. It is not a visa (which allowed entry to a country) but an extension of an already permitted to stay.