Yingluck, Abhisit Discuss Bangkok Risk

webfact

Abhisit said later that he offered the government three suggestions - closely coordinate the work of its many flood centres to ensure unity, clearly designate areas of responsibility and quickly evacuate victims from heavily flooded areas, and issue an order to allow special powers for the government.

Interesting. I don't know what special power the government needs that it does not already wield.

Even more interesting that Abhisit calls for special powers.

Had PM Yingluck made this call, this thread would be filled with the psychotic rantings of marginal foreign guests screaming that it was a plot by the government to turn the nation into a dictatorship. Some people should take the hint, that if political opponents can give the impression they are working on behalf of the nation, that the farang venom spitting can go on hiatus too. The government is doing the best it can under very difficult circumstances.

"Had PM Yingluck made this call, this thread would be filled with the psychotic rantings of marginal foreign guests screaming that it was a plot by the government to turn the nation into a dictatorship".

I'm sorry, I've seen a good dose of rubbish spouted by you before but this statement "takes the biscuit"!!!!!! This is an emergency situation - just in case you hadn't noticed!! and It is pertinent and not uncommon to issue special governmental powers in severe cases such as this. This allows the government to improvise and implement emergency measures quickly and effectively without the risk of imposing them through unlawful means so that there can be no come-back later on upon having simply adopted what are urgently needed powers to improve this dire and grave situation that has befallen the Thai people at this difficult time.

Another thing, Abhisit is calling for special powers for the government (not his, but Yingluck's Pheu Thai led government) so how can these have dictatatorial implications???

She (Yingluck) is clearly under immense strain which is not surprising considering she is a total novice at this game!!! She at least has had the guts to essentially admit this is the case through her desperate actions of asking for help from the opposition, NB: I think is a responsible and sensible thing to do, and I do commend her for doing this. Whilst it is clearly the right thing to do, it does however highlight the fact that she is not coping at all well and shouldn't be in her position at the head of the government as she and MOST of her ministers haven't got a clue about what they are doing - which is the situation that I (and many others on this forum) recognised would be the case!!!

In the future, it might be advisable to avoid trying to score political points - I know that you are on a hiding-to-nothing now in having supported the red shirts, Pheu Thai government, and Yingluck/Thaksin in the past, but you have chosen an inappropriate moment to attempt to justify your flawed beliefs, and have only succeeded in making yourself look rather silly with stupid words and statements such as this!!!!!:ermm:.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

seems the MRT are getting prepared (taken from one of Webfacts updates)

MRT to close some of its gates to install water barrier

October 13, closed at 2:20pm

Suttisan, Exit 2

Ratchadapisek, Exit 1

Lat Phrao, Exit 1

Chatuchak, Exit 1 and 3 (stair side)

Kamphaeng Phet, Exit 3

October 14, closed at 2:30pm

Sukhumvit, Exit 1

Sam Yan, Exit 2

Si Lom, Exit 1

Lumphini, Exit 3

Petchaburi, Exit 2

Looks like they're ready for a fist-fight or a round of Twister. :rolleyes:

Notice Abhasit's rolled-up sleeves, this (in Thailand) is a indication of someone who is working, the picture is great publicity for him as it looks like he is doing the work and old Sarah.... Yingluck is a bystander. I still can't get my head around this being the new PM.

Suttisan, Exit 2

Ratchadapisek, Exit 1

Lat Phrao, Exit 1

Kamphaeng Phet, Exit 3

Sukhumvit, Exit 1

Sam Yan, Exit 2

Si Lom, Exit 1

Lumphini, Exit 3

Petchaburi, Exit 2

Yesterday I dropped my friend at Bang Sue, but it was completely closed.

Notice Abhasit's rolled-up sleeves, this (in Thailand) is a indication of someone who is working, the picture is great publicity for him as it looks like he is doing the work and old Sarah.... Yingluck is a bystander. I still can't get my head around this being the new PM.

Oh please.............. blah blah blah he is a yellow shirt and he has rolled up his sleeves in the pic so he is working harder for the people. She is a women and wearing different clothing and has not adopted the masculin butch grunt grunt grunt hey hey hey attitude so she is do nothing. OK she is a dam_n redshirt and you people hate and despise anyone who likees the colour red which includes the majority of thai's. I can't swear here but people for the grace of god can't you see they have put thier differences behind them and are working for one cause. For once in your lives put down your bloody red cards and support those trying to help the situation. Stop trying to turn positives into negatives for your own little stupid little lives.

Suttisan, Exit 2

Ratchadapisek, Exit 1

Lat Phrao, Exit 1

Kamphaeng Phet, Exit 3

Sukhumvit, Exit 1

Sam Yan, Exit 2

Si Lom, Exit 1

Lumphini, Exit 3

Petchaburi, Exit 2

Thailand Cultural Centre has their Esplanade exits closed.

Oh please.............. blah blah blah he is a yellow shirt and he has rolled up his sleeves in the pic so he is working harder for the people. She is a women and wearing different clothing and has not adopted the masculin butch grunt grunt grunt hey hey hey attitude so she is do nothing. OK she is a dam_n redshirt and you people hate and despise anyone who likees the colour red which includes the majority of thai's. I can't swear here but people for the grace of god can't you see they have put thier differences behind them and are working for one cause. For once in your lives put down your bloody red cards and support those trying to help the situation. Stop trying to turn positives into negatives for your own little stupid little lives.

What did you take to come up with such a post? jap.gif