Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saipanya Rangsit School, off of Mueang Ake, submerged. The area surrounding the school is over 1.5 meters. The first floor of the school is nearly submerged with less than 1 meter before the 2nd floor will begin to flood.

So far no flood water yet in the Central Ladprao area. This just as info for the ones living around this area.

This morning one of my colleagues went on his motorbike to check around and the first flood water was around 8km away from Central Ladprao.

Latest estimates what I just now heard on the new (hope we can believe them though) is that the first flood water will come in this area the day after tomorrow.

I'm in Watcharaphon, very close to the 5 way intersection. Further up W. Road, almost at Sai Mai (about 4-5 kilometers up the road) they are having some flooding, a lot of it as a result of the big villages in that area pumping water out onto their street. All that is still about 4 kilometers from my house, and since this morning hasn't really seemed to be getting closer, though a couple of watersheds are spilling over on the road in a couple places.

Anyone else know this area and have any info on what might happen around here? I drive over to the flooded area at Sai Mai and do a check about every four hours or so to see if it is getting closer to my village. I definitely have a point in mind on the road about 1.5 kilometers away that if the water got there I would probably abandon ship, but for now I'm just doing the waiting game. Lots of people with lots of panicked warnings, but judging with my own eyes seems to have the best results so far for me. At any rate, I am ready to evac from the house in ten minutes time if I need to.

Edited by tominbkk

4:00 pm Still Dry:

Ratchadapisek, at least as far north as Ratchayothin intersection

Lad Prao

Jatujak

Saphan Kwai

Sutthisan

Flooded:

Phayonhothin Road is dry going north until the Big C at Soi 50 (Soi 69/3), where minor flooding starts. Most of the traffic is turning around here, but some is still continuing north.

Who and why is somebody deleting post on this thread?

Suddently first post on page 18 is last post on page 17.

most probably a moderator deletes off-topic postings (I guess this posting will be deleted as well)

This topic is meant to be informative as per updates of flooding by members. Posts that are non-informative, political bickering, off topic have been deleted and will continue to be deleted.

Any personal experiences of driving from Suvarnabhumi to Korat (or vice-versa) ?

Yes indeed. in order to get to Korat from Swampy you have to follow the Minburi - Chonburi-Kabinburi-Prachinburi-KhowYai National Forest route. It will add 5 hours to you road time though, but it is the ONLY way to get to Korat by road. Failing that, you could fly from Swampy to Korat local airport. (45 mins. flight).

The area of the West Bank of Chao Praya in the centre of Bangkok is now in a state of permanent flood since 4pm yesterday.

It is a vast area of about 3km by 6km. Covering from the Bangkok Noi canal next to Sirirat Hospital all the way up to Yanhee.

Here is a map:

post-60541-0-41937700-1319623699_thumb.j

Contrary to news reports the whole of Arun Amarin Road (the one next to Sirirat Hospital) is not completely closed, only the section north of the hospital. Be aware, that Arun Amarin intersection is a completely different road further west.

There are army vehicles trundling around to allow people to reach dry land. Large cars can still drive through. Buses sometimes go for it. Most turn around before entering.

This seems to be only overflow from the river and the vast water from the North is yet to reach the area. The water is roughly thigh high at high tide (4pm-ish).

I think this remains the only serious inundation into central Bangkok.

Taksin pier taking water-more than yesterday at this time, river is significantly higher.

Same near Saphan Put on the Thonburi side. Despite this, some cretins are still running big dinner cruise boats up and down the river causing massive waves to overflow the embankments.

So far no flood water yet in the Central Ladprao area. This just as info for the ones living around this area.

This morning one of my colleagues went on his motorbike to check around and the first flood water was around 8km away from Central Ladprao.

Latest estimates what I just now heard on the new (hope we can believe them though) is that the first flood water will come in this area the day after tomorrow.

Speaking of Central Lad Prao, I visited Major Ratchayothin and The Avenue or whatever mall has the Villa.

It's dry there (no surprise), and the cab driver said that the flood water on Phahon Yothin is at Saphan Mai Market. (I wonder if he means Ying Choeren.) Villa had Perrier and some two-for-one packages of sliced ham.

Of more concern is a bulletin from our condo telling us to store water. They report that floodwater has been diverted into the "drinking water canal" and that the tap water is now very impure. (I've heard that the tap water in some areas is almost potable.) They also said that the water might be turned off. We are in between Union Mall and St. John U. on the even numbered sois side of Lad Prao Rd.

Friend in Sai Mai with flooded house said that levels did not seem to rise last night.

No sign of any flooding in central areas (Chidlom to Bang Na).

The Number 8 Ramen restaurants are closed because their main distribution centre is flooded and I hear that Swensens may be next .... now that IS serious!:(

We packed our gear and headed down to Cha-am until all this passes over. The roads (Rama 2) were busy with people leaving BKK. A bit of me expected to see Godzilla towering over the city due to the mass evacuation. I guess that after the latest message of all 50 districts to brace for flooding there will be another load of poeple leaving. If i was on my own, i would probably stay as we were in a low threat area, however with a baby i had to do the right thing.

I hope that everyone is ok and that the following days & weeks pass without any more lost lives and injury.

I'm on Watcharapol closer to the Peom Sin end, about 4 km from the 5 intersection. I live in a village right near the village you referred to pumping the water into the street. Today I drove my motorbike through the water on the road there to go to Thanom Mit market, and was thinking that it won't be long until I won't be able to drive through. I can understand why people are panicking. Sai Mai Rd is flooded in parts, right? Peom Sin rd is flooded in parts also I think, although I haven't driven that way in a week. They say a lot of water will come tonight. I heard that our village might be on higher ground, and maybe the flooding won't be too high. I think you are furthur on down the road, so your elevation might even be a little higher, I"m not sure. We're packing our bags tonight just in case. My car is in the shop getting painted and fixed right now, so at least it might be safe if they put it up on a jack in the shop. I havent' bought any sand bags yet, but if the water rises a lot tonight, I may buy them tomorrow.

Not a good situation!

I'm arriving at Suvarnabhumi early morning on the 29th and intending to drive the route of #7 -> #314 -> #304 -> #359 -> #33 -> #348 to Buri Ram (Non Din Daeng); What do you think my chances are of getting out of the as far as the #304?

Thanks

Speaking of Central Lad Prao, I visited Major Ratchayothin and The Avenue or whatever mall has the Villa.

It's dry there (no surprise), and the cab driver said that the flood water on Phahon Yothin is at Saphan Mai Market. (I wonder if he means Ying Choeren.) Villa had Perrier and some two-for-one packages of sliced ham.

Of more concern is a bulletin from our condo telling us to store water. They report that floodwater has been diverted into the "drinking water canal" and that the tap water is now very impure. (I've heard that the tap water in some areas is almost potable.) They also said that the water might be turned off. We are in between Union Mall and St. John U. on the even numbered sois side of Lad Prao Rd.

I'm living there too. Could you tell me which Condo thought the water might be turned off? How reliable to you think that is?

Not a good situation!

I'm arriving at Suvarnabhumi early morning on the 29th and intending to drive the route of #7 -> #314 -> #304 -> #359 -> #33 -> #348 to Buri Ram (Non Din Daeng); What do you think my chances are of getting out of the as far as the #304?

Thanks

babbo - at this time you shouldnt have any problem with that route as you'll be a far way east of the flood zone. I am driving to Surin in the next few days and will go the same way.

The biggest threat to heading this route will be if the number 7 is flooded in places, but hopefully that wont happen...

chok dee and pack your wellies!!

I'm living there too. Could you tell me which Condo thought the water might be turned off? How reliable to you think that is?

Viphavadi Suite

I think it's reliable. Has there been a run on water filters? If not, why not? Concern about running water being cut off would be one reason.

Speaking of water, I was in one mini-mart today and the freezer was full of bags of ice. I guess people are so focused on bottled water that they don't even see the bags of ice.

For those thinking about getting the hell out of Dodge, the link to online Thai rail reservations is not working as of 7:30 pm. So much for being able to find out if trains have seats to Hua Hin or Hat Yai or whatever.

I am planning on leaving Krabi Tomorrow and driving to Surin. Have made the trip many times. would wait a week or two but wifes grandmother is having major surgery. any route advice making it from bkk to saraburi? I am thinking that will be the problem.

mike - i think at this stage you will definitely have to change your route. Dont try to go through Saraburi at all, I think that route is under water but locals up that way will know better. Your best bet may be to get off the number 7 before Bkk, onto 314 then 304,359 etc up through Sa Kaew and then the 348 up to highway 24 through to Surin. Let me know how you go as I will be driving this route on Monday.

cheers....

I'm in Watcharaphol, mo baan 1km east of the 5-junction. still dry here but not for long :-(

18.30h taxi home via expressway and Sukhaphiban 5 road, still dry. but there are A LOT of military trucks with soldiers ( about 10 plus )heading Sai Mai direction. not looking good.

I'm on Watcharapol closer to the Peom Sin end, about 4 km from the 5 intersection. I live in a village right near the village you referred to pumping the water into the street. Today I drove my motorbike through the water on the road there to go to Thanom Mit market, and was thinking that it won't be long until I won't be able to drive through. I can understand why people are panicking. Sai Mai Rd is flooded in parts, right? Peom Sin rd is flooded in parts also I think, although I haven't driven that way in a week. They say a lot of water will come tonight. I heard that our village might be on higher ground, and maybe the flooding won't be too high. I think you are furthur on down the road, so your elevation might even be a little higher, I"m not sure. We're packing our bags tonight just in case. My car is in the shop getting painted and fixed right now, so at least it might be safe if they put it up on a jack in the shop. I havent' bought any sand bags yet, but if the water rises a lot tonight, I may buy them tomorrow.

Hey there

My village mgr was out tonight, and we had a chance to talk with him. He says there are 2-3 days left before real flooding might happen, but he wouldn't guarantee that. We're all packed as well, going to see in the morning what things look like. Thanks for the input! Us Watcharaphonians have to look out for one another! :)

I'm in Watcharaphol, mo baan 1km east of the 5-junction. still dry here but not for long :-(

18.30h taxi home via expressway and Sukhaphiban 5 road, still dry. but there are A LOT of military trucks with soldiers ( about 10 plus )heading Sai Mai direction. not looking good.

Probably going to try and reinforce the floodwall there, man if that thing goes we are all royally frocked!

Ya the ice one only came to me yesterday lying in bed or something and I felt so stupid I hadn't thought of it before then. Local 7/11 is full to the brim with ice.

Viphavadi Suite

I think it's reliable. Has there been a run on water filters? If not, why not? Concern about running water being cut off would be one reason.

Speaking of water, I was in one mini-mart today and the freezer was full of bags of ice. I guess people are so focused on bottled water that they don't even see the bags of ice.

For those thinking about getting the hell out of Dodge, the link to online Thai rail reservations is not working as of 7:30 pm. So much for being able to find out if trains have seats to Hua Hin or Hat Yai or whatever.

A friend wants to get a normal "van" from Victory M to Saraburi (a relative is sick).

I am presuming that the direct route north out of town is dicey. My friend says that Army trucks give free rides in flooded sections, but it seems to me that Saraburi would mean going through Rangsit and Ayutthaya and so would be impossible by bus or "van".

Any advice? Does anybody know this trip? Are any vans running north from VM?

(I am also concerned that my friend could be stranded and unable to return in 2-3 days)

Thx

Eddy