Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

I'm going to try again for some info:

Do you know if the new condo buildings (opened 11 months ago) on Kaset Nawamin Rd by the Toyota dealership in Sena Nikhom have been flooded? They're called Supalai Park at Kaset.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry I can't help you there. I am off Sena Nikom Road which is definitely flooded up to waist level when I last saw it. I believe that Kaset Nawamin should be flooded near Kaset intersection but I doubt that anything built above road height will be flooded but that is a guess.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if the new condo buildings (opened 11 months ago) on Kaset Nawamin Rd by the Toyota dealership in Sena Nikhom have been flooded? They're called Supalai Park at Kaset.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry I can't help you there. I am off Sena Nikom Road which is definitely flooded up to waist level when I last saw it. I believe that Kaset Nawamin should be flooded near Kaset intersection but I doubt that anything built above road height will be flooded but that is a guess.

Thanks for the info

I'm traveling next Wednesday ( 9 November ) to Bangkok for 1 day and will be staying around Silom road close to Sala Deang BTS station.

Does anybody have information about the situation there ?

I don't know yet if I can take a taxi from the airport ( are the roads open ? ) or if I have to take the BTS train.

If the sh*t really hits the fan I can cancel my appointment and stay at the airport hotel and fly out again next day but I have to try to avoid this at any cost if possible.

I read all the replies but most of the districts mentioned don't really ring a bell for me about the actual location and proximity to the Silom area. ( sorry for this but I’m not really familiar with the Bangkok districts and roads.

Taxi from the airport to there will be fine, no problems. I was just there, bone dry at the moment.

I'm traveling next Wednesday ( 9 November ) to Bangkok for 1 day and will be staying around Silom road close to Sala Deang BTS station.

Does anybody have information about the situation there ?

I don't know yet if I can take a taxi from the airport ( are the roads open ? ) or if I have to take the BTS train.

If the sh*t really hits the fan I can cancel my appointment and stay at the airport hotel and fly out again next day but I have to try to avoid this at any cost if possible.

I read all the replies but most of the districts mentioned don't really ring a bell for me about the actual location and proximity to the Silom area. ( sorry for this but I'm not really familiar with the Bangkok districts and roads.

At this point in time the highways from the airport to downtown are fine.

As for the Silom area, it is quite some way souht of where the water is. Unless there is a bursting of the protective barriers that have been put up, I would be very surprised if the water made it as far as Silom by Wedensday. But that is a big UNLESS, sinc ebarriers can burst or be sabotaged by frustrated people who live on the wrong side of them.

In short odds favor your plans, but you should recheck immediately before departure.

If you are going there for something other than R&R, you may also want to see if whatever it is you are going there for is still on, since although that area is dry, lots of people who work there live in flooded areas and this has had an impact.

If just R&R, that's still OK. But businesses and the like are in many cases operating only in emergency mode. Hospitals likewise.

I heard something a couple of days about 7 being flooded in stretches around Chachoengsao. That true?

Also, Srinakarint just after getting off from the Motorway, at the first intersection were Siam Jusco used to be (now MaxValue), is usually flooded when it rains. Dry now?

No, The whole motorway is bone-dry (or was yesterday afternoon when I travelled it).

I didn't see any untoward water at Sri Nakarint, either.

Bone-dry here also!

post-120659-0-39132900-1320555800_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

morning all,

north east ish of bangkok the lam luk ka road khlong 4, next to the number 9 outer ring road, the water is still going down , i can see no correlation between the opening and closing of the now infamous gates , been going down steadily for 4 days now ,

i am no expert here , only from what i have seen with my own eyes, and the great posts on this thread.

its like a big wave that is in slow motion, do you try and stay a head of the wave, or do you double back on it as i did while you still can.

anyway of topic, sorry,

news in short , khlong 4 lam luk ka road, down again this morning

Scott,

Do you know if the ring road exit onto 305 East (Rangsit - Nakon Nayok Rd) is now passable for vans/pick ups?

I know that once past Pathuthani 305 into Nakorn Nayok is OK but not sure about the immediate stretch coming off the ring road. Last I heard, flooded, but I also gather it's going down.

I need to get from the airport to Prachinburi Wednesday morning and this would be a lot quicker than going via Chachengsao which is the only other alternative AFAIK, my usual route (Romklao/304/3481 through Nong Chok) beung very flooded.

Thanks!

Muang Kanchanburi scattered showers mixed with sunny spells (Christ I sound like a weather girl)! No flooding whatsoever.

Can someone please advise if flooding has occurred around Nana Station and Soi 8?

Nana area is 'bone-dry', but advise see my previous post (which is NOT of the Nana area).

morning all,

north east ish of bangkok the lam luk ka road khlong 4, next to the number 9 outer ring road, the water is still going down , i can see no correlation between the opening and closing of the now infamous gates , been going down steadily for 4 days now ,

i am no expert here , only from what i have seen with my own eyes, and the great posts on this thread.

its like a big wave that is in slow motion, do you try and stay a head of the wave, or do you double back on it as i did while you still can.

anyway of topic, sorry,

news in short , khlong 4 lam luk ka road, down again this morning

Scott,

Do you know if the ring road exit onto 305 East (Rangsit - Nakon Nayok Rd) is now passable for vans/pick ups?

I know that once past Pathuthani 305 into Nakorn Nayok is OK but not sure about the immediate stretch coming off the ring road. Last I heard, flooded, but I also gather it's going down.

I need to get from the airport to Prachinburi Wednesday morning and this would be a lot quicker than going via Chachengsao which is the only other alternative AFAIK, my usual route (Romklao/304/3481 through Nong Chok) beung very flooded.

Thanks!

hi

i will not guess as thats a mugs game at this moment in time but what i will do is on monday and tuesday i will look for myself for you, and report back, friday was the last time i was on the number 9 , there was traffic going south , but not north from the said road,

Despite what the news reports may or may not say, the water is dropping very slowly in Ayutthaya, at least where I live. I'm at the base of the main bridge going onto the island. The water drops here about 1-2cm every couple of days. I would think it would drop faster with all of the water going to Bangkok, but apparently it isn't having much affect.

Where I live, near tesco lotus/Ayutthaya Park water has dropped at least a meter,

your problem is the river and it outskirts

Scott,

Thanks!

hi

i will not guess as thats a mugs game at this moment in time but what i will do is on monday and tuesday i will look for myself for you, and report back, friday was the last time i was on the number 9 , there was traffic going south , but not north from the said road,

Coming from Ayutthaya last Thursday I noticed traffic around the tollgates before exit RANGSIT/NN on No.9 but also that no.9 at Rham Intra exit was closed of

Not sure hwo they got on their again passed Rham Intra exit

I will be driving there again Monday and will give an update Monday later in the day

:whistling:

Is my intranet connection working now at a reasonable speed.

Guess it is.

Been trying to post this message for over 4 hours...but haven't been able to get through before it timed out.

Trying to tell the poster who posted earlier about "curb-high" floodwater in Lad Prao that he is wrong.

I am here in Latprakhao road soi 42 in Lad Prao.

Water level outside my house is currently 10 to 12 inches. Further inside the soi it is probably 20 t0 25 inches. Mainly because my location is slightly higher here than further down the soi.

Bottom line....expect around 20 inches when your area floods, just to be safe.

You MAY be lucky...but don't count on it.

:blink:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Ladprao Road between Union Mall and Ratchada has about 20-30cm on the road. Despite reading reports that the road was closed, cars, trucks and buses are still using it. The pavement has water on it and motorcycle taxis are using the sidewalk wherever possible to and from the subway. Some sub-sois on Ladprao are still dry while others are not.

Phahonyothin road outside Central is about 30-40cm deep on the road. I saw a couple of boats passing by so that tells you how deep it is. You can walk on the pavements but it is knee high in places.

post-21652-0-16846100-1320563496_thumb.j

Ladprao Road

post-21652-0-94159900-1320563546_thumb.j

Central Ladprao

Sorry for the quality...

http://www.youtube.c...?v=zDtLejwwH98

Mo Chit BTS, Ratchada MRT and Pahonyotin MRT stations. Sat 05 Nov around 3-4pm.

Going again today, will post another video tonight. Curious to see how much more water got there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dtF0J5TICM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Kind of fixed version.

When was this filmed? This morning or yesterday?

Just tried to drive up Thanon Kannan Maen to check out the Phasi Charoen Canal. Thanon Kannan Maen in the first crossroad when coming from the east down Kallaprapruek Road. The first flooding is a mere 25 meters from Kallaprapruek, but except for the side sois, it is passible until it reaches the klong about 400 meters up from Kallaprapruek. There, the road is under water and closed to small cars.

While we were there, a government truck drove by with loudspeakers blaring that everyone should evacuate.

Klong Bang Sue at Phaholyothin Rd is up about 8cm in the last 3 hours.

There is now some flooding near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin 15.

There is also flooding in the first soi on the left off Phaholyothin Rd after crossing Klong Bang Sue heading towards Mochit.

Water on Phaholyothin Rd is slowly getting closer to Klong Bang Sue on both sides of the road north of Klong Bang Sue.

post-17672-0-81721400-1320564178_thumb.j

post-17672-0-10007700-1320564396_thumb.j

post-17672-0-80414200-1320564568_thumb.j

Vipavadee Soi 16 opposite Thai Rath. 2km south of Central Lad Prao.

Can anyone give news about my soi/area (above). I am due to fly back tomorrow. I would rather fly tomorrow than wait until Thursday (which my partner wants) BUT find that I cannot get a taxi home from airport by then.

I am reading that Lad Prao is "curb-deep", which would be do-able for me.

eddy

It's now over the curb and the center strip is submerged. This is at Union Mall.

The center strip is above water again by the zebra shrine (1/2 way to Big C)

And, I saw my first person paddling a raft today on Lad Prao.

At worst, it's still at shin level (unless a bus passes by, then the wake can reach your knees).

For what it's worth, thank you so much to those who are riding the subway and motorscooters just to bring current videos to the bbs. I for one am grateful not only for the info, but for not having to venture out myself.

Dry yesterday, but today Chokchai 4 is starting to see water. As reported by another member, soi 39 & 41 (1.8km up Chokchai 4) are flooding with water coming in from Ladprao-Wanghin. The water has reached the Chokchai 4 main road and is beginning to fill the drains in the area which have until now been about a meter down. The flow appears to be southward, heading in the direction of Ladprao Rd.

post-143115-0-22621200-1320565942_thumb.

post-143115-0-09548300-1320565897_thumb.

Soi 39

post-143115-0-34412400-1320565844_thumb.

Soi 41

Thanks for any help.

My friend's wife has been unable to leave Supalai Park for about 5 days. And he's been unable to get in. Short of swimming, that is.

I was out in the Suwanaphum area today and everything is bone dry as far as the eye can see.

The airport is now perhaps the world's biggest parking lot -- if by some chance it were to flood, hundreds of thousands of cars, buses and taxis are going to be rendered useless (until the second-hand car mafia get organised)

Hundreds of thousands of cars? That's a big if somewhat vague figure. Where did you get it from?

It is probably an accurate figure. I work there. The number of cars, buses and trucks parked there is unbelievable. If you are coming to meet someone from a flight it is almost impossible to find anywhere to park.

Does this include the long-term parking areas and /or the roads? The parking building certainly does not have this capacity. A picture would probably be nice too.

Yes all the long term parking is full too. They let some factories park trucks and buses in a lot of the long term parking, then the local residents. One area reserved for staff, but the rest totally full. I will try to take some pics tomorrow.

Sorry for the quality...

Going again today, will post another video tonight. Curious to see how much more water got there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dtF0J5TICM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Kind of fixed version.

Yesterday Saturday 05 Nov, 3-4 pm

Sorry for the quality...

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

Kind of fixed version.

your vids are of very good quality and thank you for posting. Are you by any chance German?

Edited by elcent

GM Link

Vipavadee Soi 16 opposite Thai Rath. 2km south of Central Lad Prao.

Can anyone give news about my soi/area (above). I am due to fly back tomorrow. I would rather fly tomorrow than wait until Thursday (which my partner wants) BUT find that I cannot get a taxi home from airport by then.

I am reading that Lad Prao is "curb-deep", which would be do-able for me.

eddy

It's now over the curb and the center strip is submerged. This is at Union Mall.

The center strip is above water again by the zebra shrine (1/2 way to Big C)

And, I saw my first person paddling a raft today on Lad Prao.

At worst, it's still at shin level (unless a bus passes by, then the wake can reach your knees).

For what it's worth, thank you so much to those who are riding the subway and motorscooters just to bring current videos to the bbs. I for one am grateful not only for the info, but for not having to venture out myself.

GM Link

post-120659-0-55056100-1320571992_thumb.