Floods

rusty1976

If you go to any of the big supermarkets you will find many empty shelves, and this is down to logistics being screwed by the flooding. Also as a previous poster said 7/11 is particularly suffering. It would be stupid to say "this will all be over by Xmas'.

Weather is finally clearing up, but another flood made of Bkk refugees is expected,

and yet another flood of supplies going in the other direction to their friends still stuck in Bkk,

so i think noodles, egg & stuff like that will run out

It might be that Pattaya may well be so inundated with Bangkok refugees that the place will grind to a halt. Last night we went to Makro and Tesco Lotus Sukhumvit and the main thing we noticed was lack of bottled water, also many empty shelves, but many vehicles were leaving with unusually full loads, off to goodness where. Panic buying can only take place if there is anything to buy,and we were informed that very little resupply is taking place. Many expats have comfort that they can always go to the nearest pub or restaurant to eat, but I wonder when there will be no food for sale to these establishments?

The traffic situation was horrendous, both at 1pm and 6pm. In the evening, we could not enter Soi Khatalo, had to go along Sukhumvit and return up Khao Neow. This was a nightmare as the railway bypass roads were choked and even the traffic going up and down Khao Neow was unusually heavy. Looked to me as though many of the drivers were unsure of where they were exactly, which added to the confusion. Remember that these small bypass roads show them as going to Sattahip.

Somebody in Bangkok said this week that it wasn't fair, that the floodwaters did not belong to Bangkok, so why should they suffer? Idiots didn't realise that an emergency affects everyone, far and wide.

The other night (Monday) I got caught in the evening downpour ( I know, just like a clueless tourist) and one thing I did notice that none of the drains on Second Road were working, so therefore the road was flooded

You would think that with all the flooding someone at city hall would insure that at

least all the drain covers were cleared

But I guess they are too busy cracking down on the Jet Ski's to worry about renewed flooding