Singha, Chang , Sang Mig , Etc

N47HAN

Hi All , just a heads up .

The major bottle manufactures ( theres 3 in bkk )are currently non operational , due to the floods .

Expect a rise in the cost per case ( allready some wholesalers have pushed the price up 30Thb per carton ) I dont beleive theres a major issue just yet but its probably just around the corner if production doesn't start back up soon )

Same effects in Issaan.

Visa runs will take on a whole new dimension soon. Judging by the thin stocks on Kantaralak Tesco shelves yesterday I'll be high-tailing it to the Laos or Cambodian borders within a fortnight. Expensive, but at least the beer tastes better than Thailand.

Edited by SantiSuk

Although i could only buy 24 cans of chang at the main Tesco Lotus store in phuket

10 days ago i have no problem getting the beer i want at the local mom and pops store

Just change the brand you buy if you cannot buy your regular brand, these types of posts

Start panic buying, the same as another poster on another topic saying keep your tank topped up.

Phuket has a deep water port and unless Thailand is different than other countries, fuel is brought

in by ship not road and there are fuel storage facilities at the port

Although i could only buy 24 cans of chang at the main Tesco Lotus store in phuket

10 days ago i have no problem getting the beer i want at the local mom and pops store

Just change the brand you buy if you cannot buy your regular brand, these types of posts

Start panic buying, the same as another poster on another topic saying keep your tank topped up.

Phuket has a deep water port and unless Thailand is different than other countries, fuel is brought

The post is simply fact , or would you rather not have a factual post placed on TV ?

mont-clair and all the imported bottles that are about the same price as the horrible tasting thai waters are still here at the same price.. adn the locally filtered white bottles too(and taste better)

People are really bored if all they have to do in their day is panic over the shortage of the worst water in thailand

Same effects in Issaan.

Visa runs will take on a whole new dimension soon. Judging by the thin stocks on Kantaralak Tesco shelves yesterday I'll be high-tailing it to the Laos or Cambodian borders within a fortnight. Expensive, but at least the beer tastes better than Thailand.

Mutiny? biggrin.gif

lucky me i don't drink alcohol :)

Why. ? :ermm:

I pity a person who doesn't drink alcohol... when they wake up in the morning thats it.. thats as good as your going to feel all day.... only joking each to his own.....

Just like to get me listed on your liver donor form if that is OK...

Cheers

all fuel to Phuket, Pang Na and Krabi, arrives Phuket by ship, and then trucked out. There is no reason to expect fuel shortage

Some grocery stores are sold out on some products, and KFC Chalong didnt have their delicious egg tarts yesterday :rolleyes:

Carlsberg is imported from Malaysia, so I dont worry too much :P

all fuel to Phuket, Pang Na and Krabi, arrives Phuket by ship, and then trucked out. There is no reason to expect fuel shortage

Some grocery stores are sold out on some products, and KFC Chalong didnt have their delicious egg tarts yesterday :rolleyes:

I thought Carlsberg was brewed in Vientiane by the makers of Beer Lao under license from Denmark ?

I thought Carlsberg was brewed in Vientiane by the makers of Beer Lao under license from Denmark ?

wouldnt be surprised, but the Carlsberg imported to TH comes from Malaysia according to Carslberg TH pressrelease

Two of the 7-11s and Tesco on the main road in Kamala are out of beer and some wine coolers. Also, lots of Coke and Pepsi products out of stock. I did not check the 7-11 closest to FantaSea, but I would imagine same. The smaller mom and pop stores are low. The 666 mini mart on the beach road is well stocked with most beers and hard liquor.

Two of the 7-11s and Tesco on the main road in Kamala are out of beer and some wine coolers. Also, lots of Coke and Pepsi products out of stock. I did not check the 7-11 closest to FantaSea, but I would imagine same. The smaller mom and pop stores are low. The 666 mini mart on the beach road is well stocked with most beers and hard liquor.

Pepsi products are supplied from the Surat factory just south of Punpin, so if its sold out in Phuket its just a sign of people panic buying

Supercheap yesterday.

Everyone I saw had at least 20-30 kilo's of rice in their trollies and the place was packed never seen it so busy.

Makro yesterday.

No chicken,no oil,no rice,no beer.I saw one guy load 2 big trollies with large boles of tomatoe sauce??

Why are the shops that have beer charging nearly twice as much a case as last week.

I though the Governor said there should be no price hikes.There is just a shortage no price rise in other places in Thailand were i have friends living.

I think it is called profiteering

Supercheap yesterday.

Everyone I saw had at least 20-30 kilo's of rice in their trollies and the place was packed never seen it so busy.

Makro yesterday.

No chicken,no oil,no rice,no beer.I saw one guy load 2 big trollies with large boles of tomatoe sauce??

Why are the shops that have beer charging nearly twice as much a case as last week.

I though the Governor said there should be no price hikes.There is just a shortage no price rise in other places in Thailand were i have friends living.

I think it is called profiteering

I think its profiteering to, there is no reason for the price increases

I cannot be transport costs as vast areas of Thailand is flooded and trucks cannot go there

So there should be plenty of trucks and competition for work in areas they can go to

No beer at all in Makro.

Nathan, you have started everyone panic buying!

What about TNC?

Hi Mitch ,

Glad to say the expansion of the factory was complete during low season and we have lots of luvvly TNC cider ready :)

The reason for my op was because our orders for bottles are unable to be fullfilled as the bottle factory is non operational due to the floods and they also produce the bottles for other beer companies.

Typical we have 1,000s of litres ready and no bottles :( maybe we could start selling it in plastic bags like they do for coke , lol

Happy to say though we will NOT be increasing our prices to anyone.

Does anyone seriously think that Promphan and all the other whole-salers are the gougers?

It is the main suppliers that have put up the price, not the shops that sell to the public. They are just passing on the cost.

The Governor won't be able to do anything as the price rise is at the Bangkok end.

Does anyone seriously think that Promphan and all the other whole-salers are the gougers?

It is the main suppliers that have put up the price, not the shops that sell to the public. They are just passing on the cost.

The Governor won't be able to do anything as the price rise is at the Bangkok end.

My local shop has increased the price of Archar beer by 2 bht, not a problem!!

Actually, I think you're wrong. It is the local suppliers rather than the national distributors that are to blame. Sure, if you ask any of the relevant assistants, they'll quote price rises elsewhere, but the reality is that they're increasing prices on their existing stock, as opposed to newly received stock. I've also noticed that a lot of bars/restaurants are not slow to dramatically increase their pricing, again even though they (or if not, they should) have sufficient stock for at least a couple of weeks.

That said, I've known of some bars that have no money to buy stock, and send staff out of the back door to the nearest 7/11 whenever it looks like a customer might have more than one or two beers. The Phuket version of JIT stock control.......

Actually, I think you're wrong. It is the local suppliers rather than the national distributors that are to blame. Sure, if you ask any of the relevant assistants, they'll quote price rises elsewhere, but the reality is that they're increasing prices on their existing stock, as opposed to newly received stock. I've also noticed that a lot of bars/restaurants are not slow to dramatically increase their pricing, again even though they (or if not, they should) have sufficient stock for at least a couple of weeks.

That said, I've known of some bars that have no money to buy stock, and send staff out of the back door to the nearest 7/11 whenever it looks like a customer might have more than one or two beers. The Phuket version of JIT stock control.......

I think so too.I have friends in many parts of Thailand who say beer prices still the same.

Just the Greed of Phuket I suppose.