Ownership Change Of A Bangkok Plated Bike, Possible In Pattaya?

roban

Hi,

I recently bought a Motosai with Bangkok plates,with all necessary documents available. So, no problems to expect.

Does anyone know, if it is possible to change only ownership (NOT the plates/province), in the Banglamung office of DLT?

I know it _should_ be possible in Chonburi, as I changed ownership AND province from a Nakon Nayok plated Bike already.

But that was a real pain in the A*s.

I think at least, I had around 25 different pieces of paper :ph34r:. All "needed" by the DLT....

Not to mention, I had to go three times to Chonburi.:bah:

1. I brought all necessary documents, several copies from passport etc..pp. Then they told me...

2. come back next week, WITH the Bike, to check the frame number. After I did this they handed over the Chonburi plates to me. Then they told me...

3. Come back next week, to pick up the green book.....

Maybe I could have done 1+2 the same day, but not sure.

As an alternative, does anyone know a reliable "agent" or "office", who can do this for me, without trying to rip me off? (Pattaya).

My experience is

BKK plated bike can be transfered in BKK if you have certificate of residence in BKK

or transfered to pattaya, which takes all docs provided including a transfer form, wait 5 days, come back inpsect bike, wait 2 days, get new Chonbury plate and updated book on plate and name

or transfered to pattaya, which takes all docs provided including a transfer form, wait 5 days, come back inpsect bike, wait 2 days, get new Chonbury plate and updated book on plate and name

I have a BKK "tabien baan", but this is not so important. (Half year ago, I changed ownership of a Chonburi plated bike in Pattaya with my BKK Tabien baan. No need of a Pattaya "certificate of residence")

BUT, I read on this forum, that it _should_ be possible, to change ownership ONLY, but NOT plate, in a foreign province.

And this is interesting, because it can be done in only one day (maybe...:rolleyes:)

Because three times to Chonburi (3x130 KM) plus lots of hours at DLT, only to change ownership/plate...:bah:

Not zu mention, that in Chonburi all notes and signs are "thai-only" and nobody (that I met) spoke english.

Without a Thai person, you are hopelessly lost.

PS: Ownership change to Bikes from a foreign province, CANNOT be done in Pattaya, ONLY Chonburi.

Edited by roban

I bought a used motorcycle with Bangkok plates about 1.5 years ago. A woman in one of the shops in the row directly across from the DLT office in Banglamung took care of the whole ownership transfer process for me. I still have and use the same BKK plate (she offered to change the plate to a Chonburi plate for B1900). It did require bringing the bike to the Banglamung DLT for their inspection and a return trip to her shop to pick up the green book about 1 week later. She charged B4,000 for the whole thing, including the fees paid to the government office (there was also a small fee to correct the color in the green book, which had been changed since the bike was registered, included in the B4000). Not sure if you consider that to be a "rip off". I didn't. Her mobile number is 0819838403 if you want to contact her.

Edited by Thailaw

.....I still have and use the same BKK plate (she offered to change the plate to a Chonburi plate for B1900). It did require bringing the bike to the Banglamung DLT for their inspection and a return trip to her shop to pick up the green book about 1 week later. She charged B4,000 for the whole thing, including the fees paid to the government office (there was also a small fee to correct the color in the green book, which had been changed since the bike was registered, included in the B4000). Not sure if you consider that to be a "rip off". I didn't. Her mobile number is 0819838403 if you want to contact her.

If I understand correctly, you paid 4K Baht ONLY for transferring ownership and the Chonburi plate would have cost another 1900 Baht?

However, thats a lot of money....

I paid ~1400 Baht fees for TWO motorbikes at the DLT Chonburi.

That contained transfer of ownership AND Chonburi plates. (Bikes were plated Nakon Nayok and Chaochengsao before)

Plus Diesel for 390 Kilometers. (~1000 Baht)

Total = 2400 Baht....

Better than 8000 (+3800 for Chonburi plates?) for two Bikes...

BUT, as I've said before before....the whole process is a pain in the a*s and very annoying.

But your answer gives me the hope, that it is possible to change ownership in Pattaya

Edited by roban

.....I still have and use the same BKK plate (she offered to change the plate to a Chonburi plate for B1900). It did require bringing the bike to the Banglamung DLT for their inspection and a return trip to her shop to pick up the green book about 1 week later. She charged B4,000 for the whole thing, including the fees paid to the government office (there was also a small fee to correct the color in the green book, which had been changed since the bike was registered, included in the B4000). Not sure if you consider that to be a "rip off". I didn't. Her mobile number is 0819838403 if you want to contact her.

If I understand correctly, you paid 4K Baht ONLY for transferring ownership and the Chonburi plate would have cost another 1900 Baht?

However, thats a lot of money....

I paid ~1400 Baht fees for TWO motorbikes at the DLT Chonburi.

That contained transfer of ownership AND Chonburi plates. (Bikes were plated Nakon Nayok and Chaochengsao before)

Plus Diesel for 390 Kilometers. (~1000 Baht)

Total = 2400 Baht....

Better than 8000 (+3800 for Chonburi plates?) for two Bikes...

BUT, as I've said before before....the whole process is a pain in the a*s and very annoying.

But your answer gives me the hope, that it is possible to change ownership in Pattaya

The change of plate from BKK to Chonburi was a separate transaction which she mentioned some months after the ownership change. I expect that the two transctions would have been cheaper if combined into one transaction and done at the same time.

I bought not so long a crashed Ducati 1098 from a selling in Chonburi province, and the sorry excuse of a bike was in the back of a pickup truck... transfer was not problem...

I suspect, you haven't read my posts...

The Question is:

Can I transfer ownership of a "NON Chonburi plated" Bike, in Pattaya. Or do I have to travel to Chonburi?