Best Place For A Complete Health Check-Up

kenny999

I want to have a complete check up now, fed up with being bloated and feeling like shish most day's, I am 55 and have always been very active and still am, I have a constant little annoying pain in my chest left side, maybe after affects from broken ribs earlier in the yr, my stomach is uncomfortable most of the time and now getting fed up with it, could it all be caused by worry, I have a breathing problem that is bought on by this so maybe every thing is being caused by worry, then again there is nothing I worry about!! any way maybe a complete health check would make every thing go away providing nothing is wrong!!!

Mission Hospital is another option, probably costs less

You can google both it and Bangkok Phuket for details and prices of check up packages

Thanks, just back from Mission hospital, doctor says looks like diverticulitis, have got medicine and got to go back on number 29 for x-ray etc, all of a sudden yesterday after maybe 3 weeks of constipation and stomach pain, also being very bloated I got bad pain around my bum area which went down my legs, hopefully this has been the cause of my problems and can be sorted out easily..

I also just had a complete check up at Mission and I am really glad I did. I'm 37, 6' and 200lbs but very active as well. Turns out I have very high triglycerides (No surprise there with my crap diet) which can clog my coronary arteries and cause a heart attack over time. On meds for that. Also my eye pressures are slightly above normal and since I have glaucoma in the family, doc prescribed Xlatan drops prophylacticly. High eye pressures over time can destroy the optic nerve. Doc says we caught it early enough and mine looks ok.

Everyone over 30 should get to one of the local hospitals for a complete check-up if they haven't had one recently. It's the best 2500 baht you will every spend and it may safe your life, or maybe your eyesight. All told I spent about 6000B for check-up and meds. Would have probably cost 4-5x that back home.

I am the exact age where my mom started having these same problems, and she passed in July at 69. Time for some lifestyle changes.

Plenty of options to choose from in Bkk. My personal rec would be Samitivej

All the hospitals do a good job in terms of efficiently and accurately performing the tests, but they differ greatly in terms of the quality of the physician review and, unfortunately, most of them do poorly in that regard.

Samitivej is the only place so far that I have found that meets my standards in that regard, although to be fair I haven't tried yet at St Louis.

i particularly recommend Dr. Anchana or Dr. Phuchai at the Wellness center there.

Unfortuately no hospital , including not Samitivej, provides adequate guidance in terms of waht tests to have done. rather it is handled like a restaurant where the customer orders what they like. Either that or they try to push you for a higher end package than you may need. In addition, the "packages" aren't that well constructed and often both omit important things and include unnecessary ones.

So it is necessary to do some research on your own first to decide what tests to have. you are not required to stick to the packages on offer, you can add additional tests "a la carte" so to speak and that is often less expensive than going for a higher end package just to get, for example, a stress test.