Mini Van To/From Hua Hin

SamSipEt

I popped down to Hua hin at the begining of the week and back to Victory Monument yesterday using the mini van each way.

The drive was as manic and entertaining as ever but just a quick heads up to anyone planning on using the service in the near future each journey took 4 hours instead of the usual 2.5 due to heavy traffic in Bangkok. Leave plenty of time if you have a plane to catch or consider taking a taxi straight to the airport although no doubt that will get caught up in some traffic as well.

Two weeks ago, I took a mini-van from Hua Hin to Victory Monument and it took 4.5 hours -- over one hour was spent sitting in queue to fill up the gas tank.

Coming home via taxi, it took 4 hours from Sukhumvit Soi 13 to Hua Hin, again with over an hour spent sitting in queue to fill up the gas tank.

I've only used the minivan to VM a couple times, but in previous trips I was dropped off right at the escalator which went up to the BTS station. This time van went directly to a van parking lot/terminal and it was a solid ten minute walk to BTS station, which would have been a royal pain if I had luggage. Which is the norm -- being dropped off at the BTS station or at the mini-van parking lot?

Yeah what's the deal with spending an hour filling up at the gas station. Seems to happen every time. Can't they just get gas before they set off, or go to a gas station that isn't ram packed. The other day my GF went back to BKK by minivan. They told her 8pm was the last one and we'd been at 7pm to get the ticket. At 7.30 they called her and said hurry up as they were leaving, so we tanked it on down there. Half an hour later they were still there. One hour later they were still there.........un fricking believable. I hate the dam_n minivans - I think next time I go to BKK I will try a big bus - slower I guess but much more leg room and not cramped up in the back.

Two weeks ago, I took a mini-van from Hua Hin to Victory Monument and it took 4.5 hours -- over one hour was spent sitting in queue to fill up the gas tank.

Coming home via taxi, it took 4 hours from Sukhumvit Soi 13 to Hua Hin, again with over an hour spent sitting in queue to fill up the gas tank.

I've only used the minivan to VM a couple times, but in previous trips I was dropped off right at the escalator which went up to the BTS station. This time van went directly to a van parking lot/terminal and it was a solid ten minute walk to BTS station, which would have been a royal pain if I had luggage. Which is the norm -- being dropped off at the BTS station or at the mini-van parking lot?

Normal drop off is at the mall beneath the BTS station. Was it the last van of the day? That could explain it.

Normal drop off is at the mall beneath the BTS station. Was it the last van of the day? That could explain it.

We departed Hua Hin around 930am, so that wasn't the problem.

Okay, now that I know I'm not the only one to experience these one-hour+ queues to gas up: If there is THAT much demand for the gas (not petrol/gasoline/benzyne) then why the heck don't they build more stations? Or, even more pumps at existing stations???