Fix Deposit

I understand that for the 2nd year for the (Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa)

I have to deposit Baht 800,000 in a bank for three months seasoning.

The question I would like to ask is this.

The first time I did it for two months (first timer), I deposited in a

"savings account".

This time can I seasoned the 80,000 Baht for the next 3 months, 5 months

or one year as "Fix Deposit" account?

Is my "Fix Deposit" account eligible for the three months seasoning.

Or it must always be in "savings account".

In conclusion, should it be in "savings account"

or in "Fix deposit" ?

Your kind advice is much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

Kismet -- what Immigration office are you going to? I've always found my orange passbook, Bangkok Bank fixed accounts to be accepted in Chiang Mai. I can withdraw the money at any time, but I have to leave it in for the "term" to get the advertised interest. Early withdrawal = interest penalty. It's not like the money is frozen and unavailable to you.

Kismet -- what Immigration office are you going to? I've always found my orange passbook, Bangkok Bank fixed accounts to be accepted in Chiang Mai. I can withdraw the money at any time, but I have to leave it in for the "term" to get the advertised interest. Early withdrawal = interest penalty. It's not like the money is frozen and unavailable to you.

Mine is at Cheang Wattana Complex, Bangkok.

Any tried that with the "Fix Deposit" at Cheang Wattana.

Thank you all in advance.

Mine is at Cheang Wattana Complex, Bangkok.

Any tried that with the "Fix Deposit" at Cheang Wattana.

Thank you all in advance.

I've used a combination of Fixed Deposit and normal savings account for the past 2 years and it has been accepted at Chaeng Wattana.

I've been using a fixed term deposit for years, at the old Suan Plu, Chaengwattana, and at Nonthaburi without any questions. The requirements say the money must be in a Thai bank, its doesn't specify specific account types.

I've a 11 Month Fixed Account with SCB and when I went today to do my 90 Days report In Pattaya, and showed them my Bank Book, they said that a Fixed Account was OK with them.

This was for a Marriage extension but the same would apply for Retirement.

I've a 11 Month Fixed Account with SCB and when I went today to do my 90 Days report In Pattaya, and showed them my Bank Book, they said that a Fixed Account was OK with them.

You don't need to show financial proof when doing a 90 day report. Perhaps they thought you were simply asking if the account would be OK to use for your next 12-month visa extension.

You don't need to show financial proof when doing a 90 day report. Perhaps they thought you were simply asking if the account would be OK to use for your next 12-month visa extension.

After reading this thread, I thought I haven't seen anyone asking this in Pattaya, so I just took my bankbook with me and asked if Jomtien / Chonburi Immigration accepts this, and they do.If anyone is curious, I asked Barry Kenyon and he showed my Bank Book to 2 Immigration Officers, and they said, that they accept this.

Edited by MJCM

After reading this thread, I thought I haven't seen anyone asking this in Pattaya, so I just took my bankbook with me and asked if Jomtien / Chonburi Immigration accepts this, and they do.If anyone is curious, I asked Barry Kenyon and he showed my Bank Book to 2 Immigration Officers, and they said, that they accept this.

Agreed, I got a year extension in Jomtien yesterday using a combination of Savings and fixed deposit.