Urgent 0 Negative Blood

Preman

Hi,

One of our friends on Samui is in need of urgent blood transfusion

( 0 Negative ).

One of our members in Chiang Mai 'Preman' got the ball rolling.

We have since got in touch with Ram Now Government hospital, they will accept donations to be forwarded to Samui.

When donating please mention it is for : Suwaannee Kliangamon Koh Samui.

Many thanks.

Rooo.

I just spoke with Julie as per Roos instructions. She has kindly organized a pick up from Chiang Mai Ram Hospital today.Now Government Hospital.

They will pick up blood there and deliver it to Bangkok Hospital in Koh Samui.

I will be going there is about an hour from now to donate blood.

So, to all you other O Negative blood types - here in Chaing Mai, - please try and get in there today and donate some blood.

It may save a life. Let's try and get as much blood to this woman as possible.

Thanks

Hi,

One of our friends on Samui is in need of urgent blood transfusion

( 0 Negative ).

One of our members in Chiang Mai 'Preman' got the ball rolling.

We have since got in touch with Ram Government hospital now, they will accept donations to be forwarded to Samui.

When donating please mention it is for : Suwaannee Kliangamon Koh Samui.

Many thanks.

Rooo.

Update:

Not Ram Hospital but the Government Hospital.

( They have a blood bank ).

Thank you.

Trying to be helpful here. Can you be more specific?

There are several govt hospitals in CM.

The central one, Suandok, is enormous, so we not-much-Thai-speakers would appreciate more detailed info.

And good luck with it all.

Update:

Not Ram Hospital but the Government Hospital.

( They have a blood bank ).

Thank you.

Trying to be helpful here. Can you be more specific?

There are several govt hospitals in CM.

The central one, Suandok, is enormous, so we not-much-Thai-speakers would appreciate more detailed info.

And good luck with it all.

Apologies. Here the detailed post from Preman, copied from Samui Forum. It has all the latest details & updates.Thank you again.

Posted 3 minutes ago

I just wanted to report back to this posting after finding out a lot today.

I am in Chiang Mai. I am O Negative and wanted to try and help.

Firstly, I went to Ram Hospital here, - and they told me that they could not accept me for donating blood as they do not have a blood bank.

They re-directed me to the Chiang Mai Government Hospital a few blocks away.

I went there only to be told the same thing. They re-directed me to another address (which I show below) - the "Blood Bank Of Chiang Mai".

Success! I managed to donate my blood. They were very nice and helpful people and the facility is A+++ standard.

The whole process took no more than 30 minutes from registration to walking out f the door.

I requested that my blood be allocated to the name of the woman who needs it in Koh Samui.

The woman's name was provided to me by Julie (via Roos) from this site.

The people in Koh Samui coordintaed with the Chiang Mai blood bank and I was told that they were sending 2 units (one more than mine) to the woman in Koh Samui. So, that outcome made me very happy.

I am writing this also to advise that the blood bank in Chiang Mai only had eight units, - including the one that I donated today.

So, there is a very real shortage of O Negative blood generally throughout Thailand.

I am happy that I am in a position to actually help someone today, - but it also brought home the fact, - that if I was in a bad accident and needed blood, - or if any of you other O negative people out there are in that position, - it is good for you to know now, - that it is in your best interests to donate blood for others and to also create your own blood bank (which you can do upon request).

All of you O Negative people who live in Chaing Mai, - please go and donate blood. Here is the details below:

Blood Bank # 10 Chiang Mai

196 Rachapakinai Road

T. Sriphoom, Chaing Mai

Phone: 053 418389 or 053 418390 Extensions 11 or 12 or 21

I think you will find this is the location of the Red Cross office

Red Cross Rachapakhinai map

It's "A" on the map

Thank you for that. I am not familiar with Chiang Mai, so what you are posting is confusing me.I must stress that the address Here:

Blood Bank # 10 Chiang Mai

196 Rachapakinai Road

T. Sriphoom, Chaing Mai

Phone: 053 418389 or 053 418390 Extensions 11 or 12 or 21

is the one to go to , as arrangements were made for shipping to Samui.

Thanks again.

Actually, CMSALLY's post that it is the Red Cross - is quite correct.

I am sorry for not writing that on the address I gave. However, it is not printed on the card they gave me.

They market themselves these days as simply - "Blood Bank of Chaing Mai".

I just confirmed that it is indeed the Red Cross with my Thai wife. So, everyone is right.

The main thing is that we all know that we can donate blood for others (and ourselves).

The address is the same. However, as there are other offices in Chiang Mai, - it is better to just use that particular Blood Bank Unit.

They call it Number 10 - at the above posted address. It is better, because they are now totally familiar with the situation and the woman in Koh Samui who needs the blood.

Also, I want to put forward a simple idea for getting the word out about blood.

I live in a large Condo block and I plan today to post a notice in the lobby to inform O Negative people that there is a chronic shortage of their blood type here in Thailand, - and also about where to go to donate. (Not everyone - knows about or visits Thai Visa .com).

So, if any of you want to do a similar sign poster in the lobby of your apartments - regardless of the city you may live in, - I am sure that it would help raise awareness and probably get some O Negatives donating blood at their local blood bank.

Thank You.

Preman