Sleeping Directions .

onionluke

I know it must be a supperstition .

My family have been living in Hong Kong the past months, in a little flat, and we bought some furniture from IKEA , beds and a sofa and so on . When we were buying this stuff we took care to measure it up so that it would fit the confined space we live in and we played at houses . Now , when I came home from work today the beds had been turned around to face in the opposite direction from previous . Wife and son had used his plastic pirate toy compass to determine the four cardinal points and now our sleeping directions have our heads pointing westerly . What's in it ?

Has to do with Feng Shui and your wife believing that more fortune can be gained by changing the direction in which one sleeps.

Assuming you and your wife sleep in the same bed this is a bit tricky because the good sleeping direction for men and women is more often than not opposite of each other.

If you’re the bread winner the bed should be positioned in the direction that optimizes your well being but feminism as entered Feng Shui as well and as your wife gets more assertive she might be demanding her equal share of Feng Shui.

Has to do with Feng Shui and your wife believing that more fortune can be gained by changing the direction in which one sleeps.

Assuming you and your wife sleep in the same bed this is a bit tricky because the good sleeping direction for men and women is more often than not opposite of each other.

If you're the bread winner the bed should be positioned in the direction that optimizes your well being but feminism as entered Feng Shui as well and as your wife gets more assertive she might be demanding her equal share of Feng Shui.

Feng Shui with a bit of village custom . It turns out they were trying to get the beds facing east and the sunrise . This is because , she says , dead people get layed out with their heads pointing west . I think the fufniture shuffle will continue . The neighbours must going round the bend .

I will use the bread winner angle only if I end up on the sofa .

• 2 weeks later...

Ikea is the worst of trash el-cheapo furniture on the planet; what on earth possessed you to buy it when in HK there is great value far-far-superior quality Chinese-made furniture?

It is all chinese made as far as I am aware .

I thought dead bodies got burned.

They do, but after some time, minimum funeral that I've seen is 3 days, up to 10. I've heard hiso people will keep the body for much longer.

Only Muslims bury the body immediately, before nightfall in fact.

Ikea is the worst of trash el-cheapo furniture on the planet; what on earth possessed you to buy it when in HK there is great value far-far-superior quality Chinese-made furniture?

cheesy.gif Nailed it!! ( forgive the pun ) !!

• 2 weeks later...

If its not all made in the giant Swedish factories and they have outsourced a lot of their mfr to China, then its still made according to the ultra el-cheapo standards the Swedish parent uses. Unlike regular Chinese furniture which is of at least mild standard & will last a few years, instead of a few weeks. Ikea is little more than glorified cardboard (okay slight exaggeration). The only thing I ever bought from Ikea that lasted was a towel.

If its not all made in the giant Swedish factories and they have outsourced a lot of their mfr to China, then its still made according to the ultra el-cheapo standards the Swedish parent uses. Unlike regular Chinese furniture which is of at least mild standard & will last a few years, instead of a few weeks. Ikea is little more than glorified cardboard (okay slight exaggeration). The only thing I ever bought from Ikea that lasted was a towel.

Glorified cardboard sounds like a slice of toast from one of my homemade loafs . You are right though much better deals down at Pricerite .