Thai Visa Poster Of 2011

smokie36

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's an idea.

How about next year, making MODERATORS ineligible?

coffee1.gifneus.gifviolin.gif

Is Sheryl a moderator? I did point out on the topic that led to this post that discussion of moderators and moderation is against Thaivisa rules so all votes for moderators on this poll by dint are null and void tongue.png

Who would have thought? A Thaivisa topic becoming controversial

The current two leaders (Sheryl and lopburi3) are BOTH moderators. So are they eligible or not?!?

http://www.thaivisa....tats&do=leaders

This confirms officially the deadline is TONIGHT 30 December Thailand time. That is a bit over FOUR HOURS from right now. Forget New Year's Eve and bells:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4944262

This all may turn out to be as much fun as Bush vs. Gore!

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny never ever seen a post from sheryl,but good luck to the lady,you obviously deserve it.

<p>Sheryl "operates" in the Health forum, and "dispenses" good advice on all health related matters, with accurate, helpful information, and a caring, thoughtful attitude. She got my vote, just ahead of a couple of other mods.

I thought they had bells in Bangkok ... every night!

smokie is being as we say in Scotland, wide. He knows fine well that The Bells refers to Midnight 31 December, I am fully aware that there are bells in BKK every night, in fact there are bells in many places, many countries every day would you believe, but there is only one The Bells at this time of year!!

One Bells is too many, but a bottle is never enough

SC

You have the power to delete your vote and cast your vote again (for about three more hours), given the controversy about whether mods really are eligible ... just saying.

Right now, among the definitely eligible non-mods, it's down to

CHIANG MAI vs. JOMTIEN

Edited by Jingthing

You have the power to delete your vote and cast your vote again (for about three more hours), given the controversy about whether mods really are eligible ... just saying.

Right now, among the definitely eligible non-mods, it's down to

CHIANG MAI vs. JOMTIEN

How many Baht are you offering your supporters? tongue.png

smokie is being as we say in Scotland, wide. He knows fine well that The Bells refers to Midnight 31 December, I am fully aware that there are bells in BKK every night, in fact there are bells in many places, many countries every day would you believe, but there is only one The Bells at this time of year!!

Well it really wasn't clear as the deadline is indeed TONIGHT Bangkok time as fully clarified by the poll's originator, not New Years Eve. So bells, schmells.

Pull smokies ear then, the Thaivisa Scottish contingent would be happy to hear his explanation as to why The Bells are on 30 December. Maybe he's been on Bells whisky already and got confused.

Wide was a fair comment...I had a fine dinner aye thanks for your concern.

One Bells is too many, but a bottle is never enough

SC

That is true , just ask Quasimodo . " The bells , the bells , she gave me water , the bells "

http://youtu.be/fQw6CZcfcKU

Edited by onionluke

There are rumours of votes being traded at Chiang Mai night market... The atmosphere is...humid.

Stop press: Sheryl is losing votes! Down to 18 from 19... Some chicanery is afoot!

Edited by SimonD

There are rumours of votes being traded at Chiang Mai night market... The atmosphere is...humid.

Stop press: Sheryl is losing votes! Down to 18 from 19... Some chicanery is afoot!

It is allowed to delete your vote and change it to another choice before midnight tonight Thailand time.

(Just click Delete my vote, let that process, and then vote for a new, eligible choice if desired.)

The results are FINAL in about 40 minutes.

The OP of this poll has made it clear that he never intended MODS to be eligible to win this contest.

Thus it is clear the mods in the poll are not in the genuine running so votes for mods are wasted votes.

The mods on the list are Sheryl, lopburi3, rimmer, and sbk.

Ian is leading for the REAL and ELIGIBLE contestants. We're nearing the finish.

Edited by Jingthing

It is allowed to delete your vote and change it to another choice before midnight tonight Thailand time.

(Just click Delete my vote, let that process, and then vote for a new, eligible choice if desired.)

The is in 45 minutes.

The OP of this poll has made it clear that he never intended MODS to be eligible to win this contest.

Thus it is clear the mods in the poll are not in the genuine running so votes for mods are wasted votes.

The mods on the list are Sheryl, lopburi3, rimmer, and sbk.

Ian is leading for the REAL contestants. We're nearing the finish.

Link please. This is too exciting to take my eyes from the screen...

Sorry it turns out smokie36 didn't actually say that, theblether did (see the quote). This is going to be contested now. smokie36is going to have to make the final ruling on whether the votes for the mods ever counted. I say they should not be counted and saying that as I expect IANFORBES to win.

If this turns into an annual thing, think about it, do you REALLY want mods or admins to be eligible (no matter how wonderful and Sheryl and Lopburi3 are wonderful)? Forgetting personalities, I think most would say absolutely not!

I did point out on the topic that led to this post that discussion of moderators and moderation is against Thaivisa rules so all votes for moderators on this poll by dint are null and void

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4944503

Edited by Jingthing

My God!! Less than 20 minutes to go, it's neck and neck for the finish line...coffee1.gif

And then its not over. The after election controversy begins!

Jumping the gun on that, given there were so many INELIGIBLE names on the ballot, shouldn't there be a completely new, clean election like the protesters in Russia are demanding (and won't get)?

Edited by Jingthing

RESULTS NOW FINAL. CHANGES OR ADDED VOTES NOW IRRELEVANT

IanForbes bags the big win!!!!!

post-37101-0-36040400-1325264439_thumb.j

Congratulations to a real character (from an unreal character).

The people have spoken.

The mods can lick their wounds.

Pending final veto power from Smokie36 and revotes, potential lawsuits.

Final results: (pasted just after MIDNIGHT 30 December Thailand time)

1. Jingthing (7 votes [8.43%])
    Percentage of vote: 8.43%
  2. WINNER!!!!! IanForbes (10 votes [12.05%])
    Percentage of vote: 12.05%
  3. 7x7 (1 votes [1.20%])
    Percentage of vote: 1.20%
  4. kerryk (3 votes [3.61%])
    Percentage of vote: 3.61%
  5. Boater (3 votes [3.61%])
  6. Sheryl (18 votes [21.69%]) MOD - INELIGIBLE
    Percentage of vote: 21.69%
  7. Scott (2 votes [2.41%])
    Percentage of vote: 2.41%
  8. Mikeyidea (2 votes [2.41%])
  9. ludditeman (1 votes [1.20%])
  10. beano2274 (1 votes [1.20%])
  11. UlyssesG (3 votes [3.61%])
  12. Thaddeus (0 votes [0.00%])
    Percentage of vote: 0.00%
  13. Rimmer (2 votes [2.41%]) MOD - INELIGIBLE
  14. StreetCowboy (3 votes [3.61%])
  15. Lopburi3 (15 votes [18.07%]) MOD - INELIGIBLE
    Percentage of vote: 18.07%
  16. sbk (6 votes [7.23%]) MOD - INELIGIBLE
    Percentage of vote: 7.23%
  17. mrbojangles (2 votes [2.41%])
  18. Thaicruze (1 votes [1.20%])
  19. MoonRiverOasis (3 votes [3.61%])

Edited by Jingthing

Fix!

Either the results with the PEOPLE'S CHOICE Ian Forbes should stand OR there should be a completely new election, with eligible names only. That's what I think as the big loser.

Can someone who might know our grand winner, IAN FORBES, perhaps contact him and give him the momentous news?!?

Edited by Jingthing

Every name on the poll was nominated, for no other reason than their contribution

Everybody in the poll contributed through 2011

The members who voted were aware of that contribution and voted accordingly

The person gaining the highest number of votes is therefore the most deserving in the opinion of the voters

Credit to Lopburi and Ian for their contributions, also the other nominees

The rantings of a sore loser cannot lower the high esteem in which the winner is held

Congratulations Sheryl

post-37101-0-89914900-1325271377_thumb.j

IanForbes is clearly the winner as the poll designer never intended to include mods, and they were included by mistake. If he wishes to retract that intention, I would say that is up to him. The eligible candidate with the most votes is IanForbes. Many voters also did not even know they were voting for mods and that mods were not supposed to be on the list in the first place. Overall, a messed up situation, but who ever heard of a best poster award that includes mods and administrators? It obviously was a mistake.

I suggest not to punish the REAL winner, IanForbes because of some half baked poll design.

Edited by Jingthing