Have You Drifted Into The Dark Side Of Western Food Fork And Spoon Eating?

Jingthing

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to this is the Spork. Is it a knife, a spoon or a fork? Its a Spork!

All utensils should be replaced with this immeadiately.

It doesn't answer the knife question !

Cheap plastic knockoff, probably prison issue. (where have you been?)

Note the serrated edge! I'm tellin yah guys, sporks are the utensil of the future!

The future's passe - so very retro. The spork is a throw-back to the seventies, utilitarianism and man-made fibres. As Scott Adams said "The future will not be like star trek". I only ever once saw sporks, and that was in the seventies.

SC

Oh c'mon, next you'll be telling me that the 10,000 sets of tricolor polyester jumpsuits with velcro fastenings and matching slip boots I ordered in 1972 were a bad investment.

I have been advised by many retailers that they are merely waiting for the "right time" before they will start stocking them.

Edited by necronx99

The future's passe - so very retro. The spork is a throw-back to the seventies, utilitarianism and man-made fibres. As Scott Adams said "The future will not be like star trek". I only ever once saw sporks, and that was in the seventies.

SC

Oh c'mon, next you'll be telling me that the 10,000 sets of tricolor polyester jumpsuits with velcro fastenings and matching slip boots I ordered in 1972 were a bad investment.

I have been advised by many retailers that they are merely waiting for the "right time" before they will start stocking them.

You're an accident waiting to happen! Have you never heard of 'static discharge'? 'Spontaneous combustion'?

I mean, seriously, polyester jumpsuits? Have you done an overall risk assessment?

SC

Surely the answer is quite simple.

Pile some mash on the fork...press into the peas...raise loaded fork to mouth...open....swallow.

Could do but much less efficient than pushing the food into the spoon with the fork, so why not?

mash de peas and den mix wid de mashed potatoes...can't go wrong...fergit about goddam cutlery, use yer thumb...

eat the mixture with a piece of toast <deleted>...use the toast like a tortilla without absurd fork/spoon considerations..

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Pile some mash on the fork...press into the peas...raise loaded fork to mouth...open....swallow.

Could do but much less efficient than pushing the food into the spoon with the fork, so why not?

mash de peas and den mix wid de mashed potatoes...can't go wrong...fergit about goddam cutlery, use yer thumb...

eat the mixture with a piece of toast <deleted>...use the toast like a tortilla without absurd fork/spoon considerations..

Tortilla Float , a budget cookery book in the making .

Tortilla Float , a budget cookery book in the making .

didn't John Steinbeck publish a book with the same title?...it didn't have much to do wid tortillas...

SC

You're an accident waiting to happen! Have you never heard of 'static discharge'? 'Spontaneous combustion'?

I mean, seriously, polyester jumpsuits? Have you done an overall risk assessment?

SC

I've been assured by the manufacturer that the nylon soles of the boots and staying in carpeted areas resolve those issues.

I see the odd farang using chopsticks to eat rice dishes when the other Thais around him are using forks and spoons.

Guess they want the full effect of being in Asia?

It happens a lot in US Thai restaurants. The Thai staff must get endless laughs about it.