Riot Victims To Receive 3 Million Baht Each In Compensation

webfact

- sniper -

It would leave him safe as he was talking about them in the concept as criminals and not innocent individuals, in the same way it is legal for a judge to sentence a criminal to die but not for you to do the same on your neighbor. In addition he was talking about 'deserving' (as oppose to others less so), not encouraging others to carry out the acts. Unlike your red shirt violence instigator addressed.

wouldn't they have been talking about the governent in the context as criminals and not innocent individuals too?

and you protect the phrase 'deserving'... so i'd guess if a red shirt leader said for example 'abhisit deserves to die', you wouldn't considering it encouraging others, right? yeah, i'll bet you wouldn't.

Actually, that is what posters here and on red shirt forum has written...so should we prosecute them?

Here, you shall see a similar again: Those amongst red shirts that instigated violence, paid for the violence or acted out with violence deserved to die more so than any by-standing red shirts, civilians or soldiers that did [in addition to those previously listed].

as an observation, I cannot claim to have read every post on TVF, but so far, I don't recall anyone saying that "abhisit deserves to die". While it is possible, if it happens, it seems to be rare. On the other hand, I read with too much regularity, posters saying that the protesters in 2010 deserved to die.

The general direction of hate seems to be a one-way street on TVF.

I would think sir the answer to your statement--it is anger to the paid for -violent ar#oles you seem to condone or afraid to criticize. you are reading what the majority are thinking, it's not a disease with them being outspoken, they havent got together and formed a society with a few exceptions most speak about the actual truth. Some like you actually overlook the blatant goings on. Always somehow blaming the 2 year P.M. Abhisit as a scapegoat for a bunch of greedy thugs.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- sniper -

wouldn't they have been talking about the governent in the context as criminals and not innocent individuals too?

and you protect the phrase 'deserving'... so i'd guess if a red shirt leader said for example 'abhisit deserves to die', you wouldn't considering it encouraging others, right? yeah, i'll bet you wouldn't.

Actually, that is what posters here and on red shirt forum has written...so should we prosecute them?

Here, you shall see a similar again: Those amongst red shirts that instigated violence, paid for the violence or acted out with violence deserved to die more so than any by-standing red shirts, civilians or soldiers that did [in addition to those previously listed].

as an observation, I cannot claim to have read every post on TVF, but so far, I don't recall anyone saying that "abhisit deserves to die". While it is possible, if it happens, it seems to be rare. On the other hand, I read with too much regularity, posters saying that the protesters in 2010 deserved to die.

My post referred to "those that instigated and perpetrated lethal violence on others" - in other words, I support the death penalty in cases where there is absolutely no doubt. If Hitler had been executed for his early crimes, and there were plenty, how many lives would have been saved?

There was no mention of protesters. Please try to use the appropriate words in your posts.

Thanks for the recommendation, however, this was not directed to you.

- sniper -

I would think sir the answer to your statement--it is anger to the paid for -violent ar#oles you seem to condone or afraid to criticize. you are reading what the majority are thinking, it's not a disease with them being outspoken, they havent got together and formed a society with a few exceptions most speak about the actual truth. Some like you actually overlook the blatant goings on. Always somehow blaming the 2 year P.M. Abhisit as a scapegoat for a bunch of greedy thugs.

I neither condone violence, nor am I afraid to criticize any group. But that is your point not mine. My point is the observation that (at least since I have been active on TVF) the hate - and that is the right word IMO - is a one way street. I don't know why there should be so much hate and venom spewed on the forum, nor understand its purpose.

Unfortunately, what you refer to as "the actual truth" or even a few facts are very rare to find here.

• Like 1

Term life insurance is quite common in Thailand, B3,000,000 is not as it represents 40 - 50 years earning potential of your average Thai.

Those that instigated and perpetrated lethal violence on others deserve to die, and it is my wish to see that happen, though we will have to wait until the end of the parliamentary term or a return from abroad.

so if "those that instigated and perpetrated lethal violence on others deserve to die" would obviously include people stating that other people deserve to die, where does that leave you?

With a dictionary to help me to understand the words that I use. Like to borrow it?

no thanks

i was wondering why you take so long to reply, now i know.

Term life insurance is quite common in Thailand, B3,000,000 is not as it represents 40 - 50 years earning potential of your average Thai.

Those that instigated and perpetrated lethal violence on others deserve to die, and it is my wish to see that happen, though we will have to wait until the end of the parliamentary term or a return from abroad.

so if "those that instigated and perpetrated lethal violence on others deserve to die" would obviously include people stating that other people deserve to die, where does that leave you?

With a dictionary to help me to understand the words that I use. Like to borrow it?

no thanks

i was wondering why you take so long to reply, now i know.

Try not to confuse "knowledge" with "suspicion"; or more accurately "know" with "suspect".

My slowness to respond, has 2 main reasons:

1/ I have a life

2/ I am currently back in Godzone, +3 time difference.

Try not to confuse "knowledge" with "suspicion"; or more accurately "know" with "suspect".

My slowness to respond, has 2 main reasons:

1/ I have a life

2/ I am currently back in Godzone, +3 time difference.

wanna know a secret?

i didn't really wonder why you were slow to respond.... shhhh

• 3 weeks later...

Group files suit demanding Bt7.75 million for each flood death

In a petition filed with the Central Administrative Court, the Stop Global Warming Association (SGWA) yesterday demanded that the government award compensation to injured and killed flood victims at an amount equivalent to what victims of the political unrest will get.

"The government should not resort to preferential treatment," SGWA president Srisuwan Janya said.

According to the Cabinet's resolution approved on January 10, the family of each person killed during the political unrest in recent years shall be entitled to Bt7.75million compensation.

Srisuwan Wednesday pointed out that the government should be fair in the compensation-payment system and he expected flood victims dying as a result of the government's mismanagement of 2011 flood situation to receive the generous amount of recompense too. According to Srisuwan, the flood crisis claimed 816 lives last year.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-01-25

Ah yes, blood money, rioting for fun and profit.

Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies

And everyone goes, 'cause everyone knows

"Brother Love's Travelling Salvation" - Neil Diamond

There is money in riots, need a few baht, need to get rid of an annoying relative, take them to a riot.

Edited by wxyz
  • Like 1

Imagine the line-ups when the next revolution...riot...'very peaceful protest' starts up, if this is the salary level guaranteed.

I wonder how many wife-influenced forum posters will be sent out to attend.

7.75 million baht could easily be greater than the life insurance they carry.

Imagine the line-ups when the next revolution...riot...'very peaceful protest' starts up, if this is the salary level guaranteed.

I wonder how many wife-influenced forum posters will be sent out to attend.

7.75 million baht could easily be greater than the life insurance they carry.

That is how it is done - who wants to wait around 20 years for the useless husband to die off out of semi-old age from drinking and smooking too much?

mr T pays you to riot and mr T clone govt pays you if you are a victim while illegally burning down Bangkok and breaking a multitude of other laws including murder.

Edited by z12

• 2 weeks later...
Comptroller-General's Dept voices concern Bt7.75 mn compensation for political rally victims may not go ahead due to lack of law to support/TAN_Network

Since when has the law stopped the current government from doing something?

• Like 1

Next time there is a big riot, a political party can just advertise that there is a thug vacancy on jobsdb online. Must be willing to sacrifice one's self, but you can relieve your indebtedness to your parents, alleviate the financial burden, and let all of your family strike the jackpot in the process!

Haha, what another genius way to set examples for the public, compliments of the Phea Thai party.

Next time there is a big riot, a political party can just advertise that there is a thug vacancy on jobsdb online. Must be willing to sacrifice one's self, but you can relieve your indebtedness to your parents, alleviate the financial burden, and let all of your family strike the jackpot in the process!

Haha, what another genius way to set examples for the public, compliments of the Phea Thai party.

and 75 virgins from Nana Plaza when he arrives

That's the new Red Army for ya.

Are you a thug?

Are you living life pointlessly?

Do you have unwanted kids who are thugs living life pointlessly?

Are you ready to earn some big bucks?

Then the Red Army is perfect for you! We'll supply the equipment and cash, all you have to do is hurt other people and get injured in the process! You don't even have to die! We'll let you in on our secret, you can injure yourself and just blame it on others!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Government begins compensation payments for mob victims

BANGKOK, 17 March 2012 (NNT) – The government has begun to provide compensation to protest victims which it expects to complete in late April.

According to Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit, nearly 2,000 protest victims have received the compensation so far.

People who are injured or maimed in political protests during the specified period can now obtain the assistance money by showing the required documents from hospitals.

The THB7.5 million compensation for those who were killed in political unrest will be given to people under the victims’ care or those who had looked after the victims. However, a probe must be launched to see if the victims were involved in other criminal offences. The process is expected to complete in mid-April and compensation for the dead should begin in late April.

The reimbursement will be divided into two parts.

The first part is paid in THB3 million cash.

The rest will be given either in the form of Premium Savings Certificate issued by Government Savings Bank or government bond.

Similar compensation will be soon applied to victims of the violence in the Deep South, after a sub-committee has been appointed to be in charge of the matter.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-03-17 footer_n.gif

Would it be too much to have them ask in which circumstances they were injured?

Protester: "I sprained an ankle when I was manning a barricade, pelterning the soldiers with molotov cocktails"

Government official: "Good heavens, double compensation for you! And an Order of Thaksin Medal too!"

Similar compensation will be soon applied to victims of the violence in the Deep South, after a sub-committee has been appointed to be in charge of the matter.

Quite revealing how the government gave such priority to the Red Shirts receiving compensation when the atrocities in the Deep South, which escalated in 2004, pre-date the Red Shirt troubles by years and the Deep South compensation has been put on the back burner (with a good likelihood of the above never getting past selecting sub-committee members).

My post referred to "those that instigated and perpetrated lethal violence on others" - in other words, I support the death penalty in cases where there is absolutely no doubt. If Hitler had been executed for his early crimes, and there were plenty, how many lives would have been saved?

It is a whole different story, but if Hitler was executed someone would have had to take his place. The workers might have come out on top and with the USSR solved all the worlds problems in their way. It would have been different, but the same; You are born, you live for a while, you die. The end of the recession of the 30's and the prosperity most of the World has enjoyed since are the result of the huge cull that was the second WW. I don't thank Hitler for that but before now, under communism, surely the whole world would have had to have had some further adjustment anyway.

However, I take your point, people such as Hitler are unique, does Thailand have such a one?

I suppose the family of the Red Army bombmaker who blew himself up accidentally will receive compensation? Seems only fitting after all.

If I remember correctly, his family did get compensation... you know, perhaps the Miracle Thailand is not too far of the mark after all.

Comptroller-General's Dept voices concern Bt7.75 mn compensation for political rally victims may not go ahead due to lack of law to support/TAN_Network

What laws have they broken to do anything?

When will the payout/compensation occur? Any time in the near future?

Rumor is it should come as a lump sum with the flooding compensation... only faster...

Rumour wrong then if you read post #138. Best not to believe rumours.

What laws have they broken to do anything?

Probably officially none, all cases still under consideration by various commissions and courts smile.png

I suppose the family of the Red Army bombmaker who blew himself up accidentally will receive compensation? Seems only fitting after all.

If I remember correctly, his family did get compensation... you know, perhaps the Miracle Thailand is not too far of the mark after all.

Family Of Dead Bomber To Get Bt400,000 Relief Payment

Family Of Dead Bomber To Get Bt400,000 Relief Payment

http://www.thaivisa....relief-payment/

The Bizarro Code: "Us do opposite of all Earthly things! Us hate beauty! Us love ugliness! Is big crime to make anything perfect on Bizarro World!"