Advice On Buying A Used Fortuner

pj123

Insulting posts designed to bait people into inflammatory response were what was deleted.

Posts discussing moderation have now been deleted. Next time, try PMing me instead

Now, please attempt to offer the OP useful advice that he was looking for instead of a load juvenile baiting, cheers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used Fortuners are seriously overpriced IMO. Not worth my money in any way, without a solid history and not too many kms.

I regularly ride in a (taxi, between HH and airport) 2006 Fortuner, with just over 400.000 kms on the clock, and I'm not at all impressed.

Agreed.

pj123, if you can stretch to one mil, why not consider Pajero Sport? Starting price is around there. Delivery is a couple of weeks. You get something new - no worries about history. Fresher looking than Fortuner too.

i have had both fortuner and pajero at the same time

the fortuners a much better car

now i just have the fortuner and the pajero has gone........

theres a reason theres a six month wait for fortuner and pajero is 2 weeks...........

My only experience is with the Fortuner, and i must admit, i'm not a great fan and given the choice, would much rather drive a luxury saloon, Camry, Accord or preferably Teana. Fortuner just doesn't ride how i like - feel like one is bobbling along. Interior feels a bit cheap. Generally dated now too.

Have no experience of the PJS, but most people here who have one, seem very happy. I guess there are happy Fortuner owners as well though.

Guess my bottom line would be, regardless of what the OP does buy, try and buy new, as buying used still requires considerable outlay but without any of the assurances of guarantees and such. Just doesn't seem worth the potential hassle. Unless of course you go for something a little left-field that has depreciated - Everest for example.

I know what you mean but we have two sedans and want to replace one with an SUV after our experience with the floods. I like the new Ranger but my wife does not want a pickup as not smart enough for her job. Edited by pj123

Cars are always compromises. And looking at what populates the roads here in Thailand, a Fortuner could either be one of the best compromises, or one of the worst. Due to its popularity, which is in IMO based on perceived image rather than actual quality, used prices are really high. And from that price level, a new car (SUV) is not rreally that far away.

Just a wild throw: how about a new Nissan X-trail?

Edited by Presto

Cars are always compromises. And looking at what populates the roads here in Thailand, a Fortuner could either be one of the best compromises, or one of the worst. Due to its popularity, which is in IMO based on perceived image rather than actual quality, used prices are really high. And from that price level, a new car (SUV) is not rreally that far away.

have you ever owned a TUNA?

or is your opinion based only on a few rides in 400,000 KM taxi?

Edited by timekeeper

I have owned 3 tuna 3,0 4x4auto, and 3 x vigo same spec almost same truck

tuna great value for money at 1,25mill baht, not that great value at 1,4

secondhand I find prices really silly, good for me when I sold them, last sold 880k baht for a 2006, not in great shape

If 4x4 is not a must, a new PJS GT at 1,08 is great value for money today

as for 4-500k km in a tuna, no problem if maintained and well taken care of

on the other hand, badly treated, turbo is cooked at +80k km

I have owned 3 tuna 3,0 4x4auto, and 3 x vigo same spec almost same truck

tuna great value for money at 1,25mill baht, not that great value at 1,4

secondhand I find prices really silly, good for me when I sold them, last sold 880k baht for a 2006, not in great shape

If 4x4 is not a must, a new PJS GT at 1,08 is great value for money today

as for 4-500k km in a tuna, no problem if maintained and well taken care of

on the other hand, badly treated, turbo is cooked at +80k km

Noted. Thanks.