Moto Gp & Wsb, 2012.

Lickey

Ducati has released the spec of its 2012 bike.

Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90 degree V4 four-stroke, desmodromic DOHC, four valves per cylinder

Capacity: 1,000cc

Maximum power: More than 230hp

Maximum speed: In excess of 330 km/h (205 mph)

Transmission: Ducati Seamless Transmission (DST). Chain final drive

Carburation: Indirect Magneti Marelli electronic injection, four throttle bodies with injectors above butterfly valves. Throttles operated by EVO TCF (Throttle Control & Feedback) system

Fuel: Shell Racing V-Power

Lubricant: Shell Advance Ultra 4

Ignition: Magneti Marelli

Exhaust: Termignoni

Final Drive: D.I.D Chain

Frame: Aluminium

Suspension: Öhlins inverted 48mm fork and Öhlins shock absorber, adjustable for preload, compression and rebound damping

Tyres: Bridgestone 16.5" front and rear

Brakes: Brembo, two 320mm carbon front discs with four-piston callipers. Single stainless steel rear disc with two-piston calliper

Dry weight: 157 kg (346 lbs.)

This makes it slightly less weight as my Street Triple, but with more than twice the power. Yikes.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ducati has released the spec of its 2012 bike.

Engine: Liquid-cooled, 90 degree V4 four-stroke, desmodromic DOHC, four valves per cylinder

Capacity: 1,000cc

Maximum power: More than 230hp

Maximum speed: In excess of 330 km/h (205 mph)

Transmission: Ducati Seamless Transmission (DST). Chain final drive

Carburation: Indirect Magneti Marelli electronic injection, four throttle bodies with injectors above butterfly valves. Throttles operated by EVO TCF (Throttle Control & Feedback) system

Fuel: Shell Racing V-Power

Lubricant: Shell Advance Ultra 4

Ignition: Magneti Marelli

Exhaust: Termignoni

Final Drive: D.I.D Chain

Frame: Aluminium

Suspension: Öhlins inverted 48mm fork and Öhlins shock absorber, adjustable for preload, compression and rebound damping

Tyres: Bridgestone 16.5" front and rear

Brakes: Brembo, two 320mm carbon front discs with four-piston callipers. Single stainless steel rear disc with two-piston calliper

Dry weight: 157 kg (346 lbs.)

This makes it slightly less weight as my Street Triple, but with more than twice the power. Yikes.

Yeah !! but how many times the cost.biggrin.png

Just had a look round the net,Mallory Park does anti-clock racing, but only on the oval circuit, which cuts out the hairpin,bus stop ect, is that right Kwasaki?

Seems the last Hutch 100 at brands was 1976,, was it that long ago when we were marshalling at Bottom bend and Dave Croxford lost the front of his JPS Norton? Dave was ok, he jumped over the bale covered armco pulling a packet of fags from his leathers, asking for a light,, he moaned about the srcutineers not allowing him a lighter,, he then picked up a can of coke and took a swig, it was full of wasps, he wasnt very happy about that, but we were busy watching the racing, Croxford had 189 offs in his bike racing career,

http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10589

Soihook will like this!!

Just had a look round the net,Mallory Park does anti-clock racing, but only on the oval circuit, which cuts out the hairpin,bus stop ect, is that right Kwasaki?

Yep !! got my best times :- post No.30.

Track sessions at anti-clockwise Mallory park oval track was good, I like left handers, something to do with me protecting my righthand side because I'm righthanded, so I was told.

When doing the full track it was good but lousy times for me, my youngest son will do well because he likes righthanders, probably takes after his mum she liked giving me righthanders.laugh.png

Finally found the in depth pratice tables for WSB, go to the offical site, click results in the title bar,then click the PDF at the right side, gives you all the data youll ever need i would think.. Cheers, Lickey,

or click this link to go straight there, http://sbk.perugiatiming.com/pdf_frame.asp?p_Round=ITA1&p_Anno=2012&p_Manifestazione=02&p_Gara=01

And just in case you are too lazy to do that, Sykes is on pole for Imola tonight. Guintoli is second and Checa third. Haslam rounds out the front row, then Max, Melandri, Rea - huge highside but uninjured, and Lascorz. Think its 4.30pm then 8pm thai time on Channel 108

Checa turned a 20 point deficit into a four point lead over Max. Sykes is 2 points further back. The question appears to be can the Kawasaki and BMW improve their tyre longevity and can the Aprilia get past them. Because if not Checa will win this championship.

I was hoping for rain in race 2, Tom would have won it easy, i really thought Kwackers had the tyres sorted after Tom got past Rea in Oz on the last lap, but its a sign of things to come im sure, on the PDF i posted you will see Tom & Leon were 10k faster than the Duke, but again its all corner speed and tyre preservation that wins races,

22nd April, Assen for the next one, and Moto Gp 8thApril, this weekend,

Take Note Soihook!!

Note taken mate.

It's going to be on at a strange time of the morning, but I'll do my best to stay up.

It was great to see Tom Sykes on Kawasaki really go for it at Imola, beating Max to the podium.....well done. It was great to see the ZX10R firing out of some corners sliding both front and back tyres....awsome.

Also nice to see Leon Haslam up there on a BMW too and in front of his team mate Marco, on home soil.

Hats off to Careless Chucker, what a star he is achieving a double race win.

Cheers

Free Practice 1 all the usual suspects. Stoner Lorenzo Hayden Spies all within about half a sec, Pedrosa about 7/10, Valentino 10th but he didn't use a soft tyre at all. The CRT were all after the rest. James Ellison is more than 6 seconds off. He must be well liked to still get a ride I remember him coming last for a few seasons on some other uncompetitive bike. There may be hope for us all yet ha ha.

Luthi topping the 2 and Maverick Vinales the 3

I know, only FP1 but I for one have got nothing better to do so far Good Friday

Free practice Friday, great to see both Yamaha's in front of Stoner. Although by the sounds of it Casey will be blaming Alvaro for messing up his times. Shaking his head at him as he held him up.....so nothing new with Casey then.

Expect it all may change in qualifying, but I hope it don't.

It would be great to see a season long dice between several riders for the lead in the championship.

Cal Crutchlow, go for it boy.

Jorge's firebreathing M1.

PA1116599.jpg

Great shot of Chupa Chup and bike. Still only free practice so we'll see if anyone is foxing when qualifying is on tonight. My programme guide is showing Thai time of 9.55pm on Channel 108. Hope no Premier League games get in the road though. I was watching an Australian Rugby League game last Saturday night when with about 20 minutes to go they went to a live EPL game. There were only 6 other live EPL games on at the time! No disrespect intended and I'm only a casual watcher of Rugby League and even less of soccer so I just changed channel but I would be frothing in my beer if they did it to a motorbike race.

Stoner said he did not go out the last time with a soft tyre as nearly everybody else did, but I thought he was moaning about a CRT bike but you obviously saw it S6. Anyway unless something unusual happens you would tip a front row of Lorenzo Stoner and ? with a top 6 of those 2 and Pedrosa, Crutchlow, Dovi plus Spies failing him Rossi or Hayden. The Ducati has plenty of top speed so may be a proposition in the race.

Luthi is looking good but your Iannone, Marquez Smith Redding and co are all up there, I'm hoping for a much better year from Feem Wilairot I think he is a lot fitter for a start. Anthony West is beating the chick but thats all. Moto 3 is a bit of a raffle. I hope the young Aussie Arthur Sissis does well, he has the highest top speed on his KTM ie 225.

Overall I think you Brits have better prospects but maybe not MotoGP.violin.gif

Edited by Bluetongue

Will be very interesting this season with the larger capacity motoGP bikes, I like many am hoping it brings closer racing like WSB, and tyre choice, and tyre management will play a crucial role in this.

Nothing better than seeing someone leading a race with their tyre going off in the closing stages, zas often in WSB.

Nothing more boring than seeing Casey ,or Jorge, get off to a flier and thats it!

Not everyone has been a big fan of the changes to MotoGP, not least of all the riders themselves.

It wil be a very interesting season, for me, it's very hard to see a real contender outride of Stoner and Lorenzo, both of whom I have enormous respect for.

That's just my opinion however.

Would also love to see BMW enter the manufacturers fray at some stage as well, after the all conquering S1000rr roadbike, would be nice to see another real contender in MotoGP

Cheers Shane.

Colin Edwards is riding a BMW powered Suter machine for NGM Forward Racing. I am assuming its an S1000 based motor.

Shame he is 3 seconds off Jorges time, but this is going to a regular occurance (unless it rains).

PA1104648.jpg

Yes well the CRT is like a separate championship seeing as he cant win a MotoGP race after all these years at least he can claim bragging rights for this class if he can fight them off. I must admit he has been close a couple of times but close isn't near enough.

Maybe you will get your wish Shane, Yamaha in total seem rejuvenated and Honda suddenly looks weaker with only Stoner near the front so far. If there's not some early drastic action you should settle down to see Stacey, Chupa and Supercal fight this one out.

but Pedrosa is a good starter and the Dukes have got some mumbo so we'll see.

A great Moto GP race (I missed most of Moto2 and all Moto3), I thought Stoner was away once he got past Jorge but he started fade with arm pump problems (maybe due to the size of the new bikes).

It turned into a classic last 5 - 6 laps as Jorge took control and Dani got into second.

God only knows what's going on with the Doctor.

There didn't look to be many people in the only place to see the race, the start finsh straight grandstand, but those that were made plenty of noise.

Nice one.

Forgot to mention the Cal Cruthlow / Dovi battle.

After his disaster start, Cal eventually got the better of Dovi, which was great to see.

I'm anticipating a podium appearance soon for Cal, go for it boy.

• Like 1

Oop's Ducati, Hector Barbera nearly ahead of Hayden even, just wonder what Dorna are going to do when Rossi and Stoner have gone car racing and Ducati have seen the Kawasaki/Suzuki light?.Okay CRT but would think manufacturer's will want to support a series where their whole product is showcased not just the engine in somebody else's chassis. Will be interesting to see today's BSB race in comparison to the GP which in reality was spiced up at the end by Stoner's fitness.

Come on Cal, you can do it.

I finally subscribed for the year (90 Euros) and stayed up last night to watch it.

You also get every race from 1992 so I know what I'll be doing over Songkran hehehe.

• Like 1

What a great GP.

Is it just me or is it starting to look more like WSB, and don't get me wrong I think that's a good thing.

It will be a close season this year I think.

Will be interesting to see how Honda goes as the bike is developed during the season.

Early days yet, but Jorge looks a force on the Yamaha.

@ kartman I really don't rate the kentucky kid, never did.

@soihok didn't know that about colin edwards and the suiter BMW, great I have a BMW, not an S1000rr unfortunately, and hope as the bike gets developed during the season, it goes well, He seems like such a nice guy and journeyman Colin Edwards.

It would be great if KTM took the plunge at some point, and developed a MotoGP bike as well.

The more manufacturers the better.

Looking forward to a great season.

Casey get in the Gym, and "wooorkout'

Well all three classes involved passing and lead changes and were pretty exciting. I managed to stay awake anyway. In Moto3 the battle for 1st was between Maverick and Penata? a Locatelli protege, but the battle for third was really good with about 8 riders swapping and changing throughout the race

Moto 2 went to the wire too. Luthi apparently thought Marquez passing move with one lap to go was over the top. He kind of swerved at the end of the straight and more or less forced Luthi on to the ripple strip, ran wide and consequently he went back to 5th. It was a shame for Luthi but Marquez would have won anyway, his bike seems much faster than everyone elses or maybe he gets more out of it. The only problem I have with it is if Luthi hadn't changed direction there might have been a huge crash and after Marquez ran full tilt up Wilairots tail on the slow down lap last year at Phillip Island I for one will be reserving judgement on his character, perhaps its still immaturity.

MotoGP what can you say. The 3 main players (excluding Rossi) from the last few years battled it out, but the other battles were also absorbing. Over all I think CRT was an underwhelming debut. Stoner said arm pump, not tyres so will we take him at his word? Too much nursing the baby not enough boom boom.

I saw the move Marquez made on Luthi and it certainly was a risky move. It was the racing line for corner #1 and everyone else was using it. I don't think it was intentional to push Luthi off like he did, but was quite dangerous.

Fair play Luthi, giving him a slap on the touring lap. He may be repremanded for it though.

As you say BT, he is still very young isn't he.

Marquez is faster than the other front runners because he's a teenager in a one engine/supplier class without a minimum weight limit wacko.png so the tyres performance will last longer much better for coming off the corners especially the last one late in races and going past your rivals. Marquez 2012 Moto2 Champion.

I have to agree that he will right up there.

Hope Scot Redding can improve, but he quite a big guy for the bikes. Always makes me smile when Dani Pedrosa (and same with Toni Elias year before last), gets on the podium. Lorenzo looks like a giant next to him.

Yes, entertaining viewing, when you weigh it up, Moto3 Honda KTM Ioda with Dunlop control tyres,

Moto 2 all Honda engines, Dunlop tyres, , great race, but same engines and tyres,,

MotoGP, for me that was ok, yes, control tyres again, but distinctive makes, till you get to the CRT bikes, i found this site that tells about the bike and which engine,

http://caberz.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/2012-moto-gp-crt-bikes/

Seems Rossi isnt happy with Duke, he has told them what he wants and they have failed him, theyve had long enough to get it right for him, he deserves better if they want to sell Dukes,

Amongst other things, Moaner complained about arm pump and stated it could be cured in two weeks, so thats ok then, lets see how he goes on Yourgay and Redposas home turf in 3 weeks time,

Actually I agree with you Kartman I think Marquez will be Moto2 champion this year, barring the usual unpredictables. However I dont see how tyre longevity had anything to do with his last lap move on Luthi, it was on the straight and I dont really see how his weight gives him an advantage, I can see how Iannone might be a bit heavier than most of them and might have a disadvantage but Marquez isn't particularly small say like Redrosa for instance. Or were you saying because he is a teenager he has no fear because I can see that.

With the increasing number of extremely young riders coming through the classes very fast, it should be up to their mentors, blokes like Pons, Alzamora, Nieto and co to encourage them to take care when it comes to other riders safety even though they dont care about their own. Hence when they told Marquez to keep pushing his bike on the slow down lap at Phillip Island last year because they didn't have enough data for the race as he had crashed early in qualifying I was very disappointed. So was Wilairot who got creamed or was it reamed.

Weight is crucial = better corner exit speed = faster on straight also better tyre life/performance = better corner exit speed =faster on straight.

Oops should be less weight is crucial

Edited by kartman