Emergency Neck Tag

rebo

I’m looking for something like US soldiers wear on their neck: A metal tag, not bigger than a dollar coin, with some text (Thai) engraved or punched on both sides (address, phone no., blood group, insurance info). Not decorative, only functional, should be non-corrosive.

Does anybody know where to get it in CNX? Thanks!

4th floor of Airport Central Mall. They have the traditional US military dogtag type things and other engrave-able metal tags. Its somewhere near the front of Jeffer on the 4th floor.

There is also one somewhere in the night bazaar somewhere between Burger King and Anusarn Market. My girlfriend got our dog's tag there and it was 250 THB for the tag, plus engraving of the dog's name, phone number, etc. My girlfriend ask the shop at the mall how much for the same tag, and the price was the exact same.

Hope this helps,

Mestizo

This isn't at all what you asked for, I know, but it's a similar item and quite practical. For the most part I'm not paranoid nor overly cautious, but I do wear one of these when I travel. It has my name, US passport number, and a couple emergency phone numbers here in Thailand. One never knows when or where it might be a lifesaver...or help to identify me should that ever be necessary. Check out Road ID: http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

There is also one somewhere in the night bazaar somewhere between Burger King and Anusarn Market. My girlfriend got our dog's tag there and it was 250 THB for the tag, plus engraving of the dog's name, phone number, etc. My girlfriend ask the shop at the mall how much for the same tag, and the price was the exact same.

Mestizo

We got one there for our cat. Like Mestizo said - 250 THB. After about 8 months the engraving wore away! I looked closely at the tag and the metal was completely smooth. Not a sign of the engraved Thai text left at all!

• Like 1

We got one there for our cat. Like Mestizo said - 250 THB. After about 8 months the engraving wore away! I looked closely at the tag and the metal was completely smooth. Not a sign of the engraved Thai text left at all!

Ouch, that sucks. We've only had ours about a month or so. Maybe I should try and spray it with some clear coat to extend the life..

If anybody discovers higher-quality ones, please let us know!

-Mestizo

Now I bought one at the place Mestizo mentioned in Airport plaza. Total 500 THB the U.S army size, lasered on both sides (The smaller ones are cheaper). Looks even nice but I'm also afraid it won't last very long; they don't use an engraving process, their laser does not remove any material, only melt micro-dots into the polished surface, not really deeply. But however - at this time being it meets its purpose and 500 THB didn't ruin my budget. At least now I can use it as a sample to ask i.e. in silver shops in Wualai Rd. for a really engraved version ...