My Problem

orpheus454

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I have a hole in one of my socks. Should I get it darned or should I just buy a new pair?"

It depends entirely on the purchase price (quality) of the socks and the cost of getting them darned. Repairs are only worthwhile when purchase costs are high and labour costs are low. In the West this is no longer the case and so we have a disposable society where hardly anything gets repaired. Here that shouldn't be the case.

• Like 1

This really does depend on a number of factors such as:

• Size of hole
  • Location of hole
  • Thickness of material
  • Type of material used
  • Ethnic origin of wearer
  • Day of the week

Please, please, please, if you are going to ask for assistance from the experts on this forum, be more specific about the problem.

Did you return the fully completed warranty card for the socks within 7 days of purchase, and do you have a receipt from the post office to prove that you posted the warranty card?

• Size of hole
  • Location of hole
  • Thickness of material
  • Type of material used
  • Day of the week

Please, please, please, if you are going to ask for assistance from the experts on this forum, be more specific about the problem.

Thinking of American Pie the purpose of the sock might be relevant as well..

• Like 1

Assume you got the hole here, therefore its a Thai hole , in my view you only have two choices.

1, Look for a shop that sells single socks.

2, If you really don't like it the way the Thais have made a hole in your sock...

Go back to your own country .

• Size of hole
  • Location of hole
  • Thickness of material
  • Type of material used
  • Day of the week

Did you return the fully completed warranty card for the socks within 7 days of purchase, and do you have a receipt from the post office to prove that you posted the warranty card?

Tesco has a 7 day guaranty. just return them, and get a new pair.

Edited by Semper

If the hole happened in Thailand, it is very nearly always a case of anti-foreigner sentiment.

If it happened back home, then it is of course the fault of the immigrants (paki's mainly, but also those eastern europeans) who do nothing but leech of the system.

• Like 1

If the hole happened in Thailand, it is very nearly always a case of anti-foreigner sentiment.

If it happened back home, then it is of course the fault of the immigrants (paki's mainly, but also those eastern europeans) who do nothing but leech of the system.

Now we're getting somewhere, maybe it was the leech that bit into the sock thereby making a hole.

This thread is going downhill, we've already had references to "unwanted pregnancy" and "ti_ts up", do you guys read sex into everything !!

This is a serious topic.

Edit to say if the op is considering darning the hole...do not do it yourself...that would be working !!

Edited by terryq