Russians Trapped In Pattaya Following Collapse Of Tour Company

Rimmer

Russians trapped in Pattaya following collapse of Tour Company

30_01_55_1_2.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Following the collapse of a well-known Russian Tour Company, more than a hundred Russian Tourists are now stranded in Pattaya as their return air tickets and hotels they were staying at have not been paid.

The Lanta-Tour Company, which was established in 1991 and was one of the largest tour operators in Russia, filed for bankruptcy on 28th January. Many of their customers were staying at the Ambassador City Hotel in Jomtien and Town-in-Town Hotel in Central Pattaya who both filed a Police Report at Banglamung Police Station on Sunday against Lanta-Tour Thai Co Ltd, which is located at the Wonderland Estate in East Pattaya.

Since Saturday the Russian Embassy has been assisting the Tourists who initially had their belongings effectively seized by the Hotels who refused them access to safe-boxes until the situation had been resolved.

Full Story: http://www.pattayaon...e-tour-company/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-01-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where they are staying? PM me. Might can help.

Looks like some of them are at the Ambassador City Hotel

Anyone know where they are staying? PM me. Might can help.

Looks like some of them are at the Ambassador City Hotel

Can put up 2 families in 2 apartments, don't know how to go about letting them know though. Maybe Ambassador email?

That is terrible for them and even worse the Hotel refused them access to their own safe-boxes, can they do that?

If you were the hotel owner and someone didn't pay his bill, what would you do?

And a devil just got his horns.

They are the victims, any hotel manager worth a salt would know this and allow access to their property and provide them with every convenience necessary until things are straightened out. And a bottle of vodka.

And, by "straightened out" you mean . . . ?

That is terrible for them and even worse the Hotel refused them access to their own safe-boxes, can they do that?

If you were the hotel owner and someone didn't pay his bill, what would you do?

And a devil just got his horns.

They are the victims, any hotel manager worth a salt would know this and allow access to their property and provide them with every convenience necessary until things are straightened out. And a bottle of vodka.

And, by "straightened out" you mean . . . ?

When there are this many of a countries citizens i would think that their representatives would be taking care of things or "straightening them out". Or they could be calling home to get money wired and this can take time until someone over there in Russia can" Straighten things out". Wasn't their intention not to pay and you cant get blood from a turnip so what is the management of the hotel going to do? Sell his customers loot? Wedding rings and the such? They already have copies of their passport or legally should but to keep personal property under these circumstances seems low. I'm guessing the manager did not attend Hotellier school in Switzerland.

Edited by FOODLOVER

nothing to do with the hotel, why should they not get paid because of money probably stolen by the directors of the tour agency?

• Like 1

I'm still having difficulty understanding what you mean. You say "their respresentatives." What exactly do you mean by that? If they are wiring money (Western Union?), that takes only a matter of minutes.

If I were the hotel management I would be concerned about receiving payment for services rendered. I can easily see the hotel's point of view that it will be more than happy to release the "loot" when payment is received.

For what reason would a Thai even consider attending school in Switzerland?

(Why would you ever put a wedding ring in a safe?)

Holding your property is one thing. Holding your passport and wallet is another. It may be "legal" in Thailand but it shouldn't be.

If you rented your motorcycle to a stranger who gave you his ID as security and then that person didn't pay you, would you return the ID? Edited by jshorts

Holding your property is one thing. Holding your passport and wallet is another. It may be "legal" in Thailand but it shouldn't be.

If you rented your motorcycle to a stranger who gave you his ID as security and then that person didn't pay you, would you return the ID?

They were left in lock boxes, not left as a security deposit.
  • Like 1

If you rented your motorcycle to a stranger who gave you his ID as security and then that person didn't pay you, would you return the ID?

I don't understand your point.

The hotel hasn't been paid and they don't want to release the personal property until they get payment.

Holding personal belongings in a safe deposit box is despicable. A classic no class Thai move.

And your point is?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I could easily imagine many hotels taking this route in the case of non-payment.

The hotel hasn't been paid and they don't want to release the personal property until they get payment.

I would like to know if they signed that right to the hotel when they signed the form to get a lockbox.

They will not accept cabbages as payment. wink.png

• Like 1

I'm still having difficulty understanding what you mean. You say "their respresentatives." What exactly do you mean by that? If they are wiring money (Western Union?), that takes only a matter of minutes.

If I were the hotel management I would be concerned about receiving payment for services rendered. I can easily see the hotel's point of view that it will be more than happy to release the "loot" when payment is received.

The staff of the respective Embassy would be the

Embassy Staff whom im sure they contacted when they got kicked to the curb without their belongings. Embassy Staff would then contact the hotel as their representatives and explain the situation to the manager and verify their collective stories. At that point it is up to the manager, and apparently this one decided to keep personal property in lieu of payment. I'm sure legal but ethical is another story. Switzerland has some of the best Hotel schools in the world and why not? Am i supposed to wear my ring to the beach? My bad.