Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

"The bar owner identified one of the suspects as Darren Philip Delaney."

The Bar owner knows this guy really well, I have close personal friends whom I have known for 20+ years and if you ask me what thier middle names are, I wouldn't have a clue. So I can only assume that the two alledged offenders were not simply tourists but long term expats who frequent this bar and the owner is a Farang also. A Thai person would identify someone as Mr Darren. A middle name means nothing to a Thai and a Thai would not identify him as Darren "Philip" Delany.

Don't take a job as a prosecutor whatever you do wai.gif

The girls went to his house which he could have owned or rent long term or short term.

Most likely he's not a tourist I'll give you thatclap2.gif

Either way they knew where he lived and the girls would surely know his "Wa' Yua name?"

Police would ask the girls where he stayed, go there grab him and his passport take him back to the bar "Is this the guy?"

Could easily have been only the 2nd time the bar owner had seen him in his life.

Your missing the point that I made.. The OWNER identified him (to police I presume) as Darren "PHILIP" Delany. That indicates he was personally well known to the owner and that he knew the suspects middle name, which I doubt. How many on here know the middle name of thier friends?.. The story does not say he was identified from a photograph shown to him. I doubt very much if bargirls know the full name thier punters. Yes i agree they went to his home and would know where he lived that is not disputed.

B/w you and me, I have worked as a police prosecuter and I lot of Aussies would be well aware that police prosecute cases in lower courts and not the DPP.

Identity is the number point of proof in any case before the courts and the first thing to be challenged.

If the owner did know the accused so well as to know his middle name that would be a prosecutors dream on the other hand if he did not know him personally and identified by his full name it would be the defences dream.

Defence; "You identified my client as Darren Philip Delany, is that correct?

Witness; "Yes."

Def: "How well do you know my client?"

Wit: "I have seen him in the bar once or twice."

Def: "Have you met him personally?"

Wit: "No."

Def: "How do you know his name?"

Wit: "The Police showed me his passport and told me his name."

Def: "Before or after the incident?"

Wit: "After."

No further questions, and your worship I move to discredit this witness and have the matter dismissed as it appears the witnesses have been led by the Police.

Also from a prosectution point of view if the BIB grabbed the guy/s and took them back to the scene to be identified by witnesses or simply show them a single photograph or passport I would also be pulling my hair out and ready to throw the towel in. The case would be dismissed as it demonstrates a bias and is considered grossly unfair to the accused stacking everything on the one side. The normal proceedure would be 1st to compile a photofit and build a desription of the offenders from the witnesses memmory, then a photo board or an identification parade would be conducted. If the person or his photo has already been shown to witnesses on thier own then a photboard or identification parade cannot be conducted. It is a well known and documented scientific fact that images can be subconsciously implanted into a witnesses mind.

And no I am not saying that these people are inocent or guilty.

"Six of one & half-dozen of another"..... the Irish are recovering Catholics and generally not the most happy drunks when pushed around, likewise, behind every smile is an angry-Thai.

One-side of me snickers at the thought of a Thai-guy getting a good deserved shit-kicking from a Farang,while the other-side knows the farang,all too often,asks for a beating.

Anyways, another lesson in Thai-economics......the customer is ALL-ways wrong

Holy Mother of Christmas... i just looked at the photo. That dude can kick an entire platoon's back side. Now I see why his "date" ran back to the bar.

But he looks like such a gentle giant. Not the type of nice young Irish lad to mix it up.its not usually the irish way to settle an argument, they usually send round their mates sem and tex and a bag full of nailshit-the-fan.gif

Surely it is the fault of the Thai patrons, their friends and the (quite reasonable) bar owner.

Bad bad Thai people...Good, good Irish people. Why are the Thais always picking on us? BOO HOO.

A MAZ ING ... Thai Visa wins the "you simply must be kidding award" yet again.

Two drunks got in a fight, even after getting a refund... returned to the scene, armed...stabbed a few people....

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

P R I C E L E S S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But thats not what they are saying are they.

What they are insinuating is that its about time these aggressive jet ski operators and bike taxix type blokes got a piece of their own medecin. Which is a totally different thing.

I sooooo want this to happen to the jet ski scammers. +1 anyone?

No I would not want that to happen to anyone because I am not full of hate and have some compassion for people. Just because some people do such things doesn't mean they deserve to be stabbed.

This insitant is bound to happen in a place like pattaya, this kind of thing goes on all over the world. These 2 men will probably have woken up thinking how much they regret what they did under the influence.

All the Anti Thai anti Pattaya posts...... Why are you guys even on Thai Visa if you hate thai's so much?

Ok Motorcy taxi guys have beaten many farangs but twice now they have been a good source of help for me.

First time a Thai lad going the wrong way on 2nd road no lights or helmet clipped my new bike I chased after him. The Motorcy guys up the road saw it and stopped him I strolled up and without a word pucned the shit out of him. The motorcy guys patted me on the back and said he was a bad man.

Second in my local and a foreigner hit my car the motorcy guys outside saw himdo it chased him and stopped him. They then came back told me what happened and took me to the scene. Guy gave me some money of course i gave the Motorcy guys a tip.

Sometims they can be good guys and understand that not all Farang are bad.

I see very little trouble in Pattaya i was out last night for my Birthday got royally drunk and got home safely not a hint of any trouble.

So all you pattaya bashers try coming here it's actually safer than a lot of other parts of thailand....................

• Like 2

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

Us brits............their irish!

To be fair there's a fairly substantial number of British people living on the Island of Ireland but I doubt you'd really know about much outside your own county

Most Irish guys would go balistic if you called them Brits. That of course is from the Republic; I'm from Northern Ireland, born under the Union Jack, but that is something different and we don't want to go down that road!

Because there are British people living in Ireland, I don't see what difference that makes to the Irish??

Just wait till BKK gets added to the Ryan Air destination list. I can see BKK and Pattaya full of Pikeys over for jolly weekends.

• Like 1

,"the Pussy bar and Boom Boom bar"

No Boom Boom with Pussy from bar.....

​ I'm neither Irish, nor British. But I do know that loads of people from there solve their problems with weapons, considering a knife as one.

A British guy I'm working with had just told me that he wouldn't fight with somebody. He'd stab him/them.

Is it a lack of education, or just being stupid and drunk, indeed a very a bad mixture?. jap.gif

you obviously mix with some nice people, I am English and can tell you it is not the norm to carry weapons and fight all the time.

Why can't people on here see it for what it was...2 pissed up lads getting into a battle with some locals and now they are in some shit

where they come from is totally irrelevant, you could swap Irish for Russian, American, English, German, French...ok maybe not Frenchwai.gif

• Like 1

​ I'm neither Irish, nor British. But I do know that loads of people from there solve their problems with weapons, considering a knife as one.

A British guy I'm working with had just told me that he wouldn't fight with somebody. He'd stab him/them.

Is it a lack of education, or just being stupid and drunk, indeed a very a bad mixture?. jap.gif

you obviously mix with some nice people, I am English and can tell you it is not the norm to carry weapons and fight all the time.

Why can't people on here see it for what it was...2 pissed up lads getting into a battle with some locals and now they are in some shit

where they come from is totally irrelevant, you could swap Irish for Russian, American, English, German, French...ok maybe not Frenchwai.gif

The most sensible post on here

from the OP

"Delaney then fled the scene on a motorcycle. The bar owner immediately shut down the bar and accompanied the two patrons to the hospital and filed a police report against Delaney."

"shut down the bar" before the 2nd attack.

"and accompanied the two patrons to the hospital" one of them must be her husband or relatives one would think.

"Witnesses at the bar told the police that the 2 men responsible for the stabbing had already fled the scene on a motorcycle. The bar owner identified one of the suspects as Darren Philip Delaney."

But the bar was shut down and she was at the hospital. What's wrong with this picture?

Edited by wxyz
  • Like 1

"ok maybe not French"

hahaha

Edited by wxyz

lots of nice, classy characters in thailand wink.png

my advice is to get a girlfriend and leave the bar scene alone.

Lots of foreigners sell there homes abroad and settle in places like Issan with their ex bar girls. They are welcomed into the home and during the milking process are convinced that they are now Thai. Some of them begin to resent the foreigners that have a good time in the bars, these individuals are quite vocal in certain forums.

Its during this milking process when they delude themselves that they have done humanity a great service in rescuing this poor girl from her terrible fate. They start to really hate their own people, something Thai people never do.

This " Thai'er than Thai" delusion is very common and some start to taken themselves far too seriously. All very well until the money runs out and they go home broke with their tails between their legs. I think thats where the term "Land of make believe" comes from.

Wow - where did you get your degree in psychology and doctorate in social science from? Could you share your research thesis and methodologies with us please?

2 dumb drunk/drug addled, steroid muscled micks went looking for a fight over a few hundred baht. Twice.

Won the battle, lost the war.

mfr_closed1.gif

At least they could have a fight unlike most of the English fools who think they can have a row and end up face down, battered!!

Another in depth comment - no doubt based on sustantial research? Whilst insulting the English, most Irish I know prefer not to be associated with the low life boozy brawling image which often so often incorrectly steryeotypes them. I'm sure these "good ol'boys" will have a fun time in prison - which on the face of the reports they richly deserve.

I would say the bar owner lied and did not give the irish guys their money back, and the irish guys lost their temper.

Some people dont like to be cheated?

Some people chose to believe in God or Buddha. Your choices are no less valid.

The 300baht barfine was returned without question - you believe what you want

Oh I believe you. I've seen plenty of aggro in Thailand and its almost always instigated by drunken westerners.

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

The article refers to Irish nationals .......... not British.

The difference is minimal, the irish are just slightly more red headed...

Even you mean we are all human - regardless of colour or ethnic origin, then correct. However the previous post made reference to the behaviour of British people modelled on a report of the behaviour of two drunken Irishmen which is not logical.

lots of nice, classy characters in thailand wink.png

my advice is to get a girlfriend and leave the bar scene alone.

Lots of foreigners sell there homes abroad and settle in places like Issan with their ex bar girls. They are welcomed into the home and during the milking process are convinced that they are now Thai. Some of them begin to resent the foreigners that have a good time in the bars, these individuals are quite vocal in certain forums.

Its during this milking process when they delude themselves that they have done humanity a great service in rescuing this poor girl from her terrible fate. They start to really hate their own people, something Thai people never do.

This " Thai'er than Thai" delusion is very common and some start to taken themselves far too seriously. All very well until the money runs out and they go home broke with their tails between their legs. I think thats where the term "Land of make believe" comes from.

Or they go home in a coffin.

Edited by wxyz

Somebody ought to buy a dictionary. Rampage? Hardly merits the terminology of fracas at best.

So drunk, we are told, that he committs multiple assaults due to being heavily intoxicated, and yet has the co-ordination and faculties to ride away [from motorcycle taxi professionals] on a motorbike.

Has the next Valentino Rossi just been discovered? He certainly must have a rare motorcycling ability.

Two bar girls go with two drunks for sex having been paid. I thought that was the bed rock of Pattaya. Must be strange girls to cower at the sight of a drunken tourist wanting a roll in the hay. At best a minute's worth of fumbling followed by slumber.

Still they run away terrified - having been paid and poor Paddy is left to recover his dignity and money. Which he partly does. Of course we all know how easy it must be to have arranged a sexual liaison in Thailand - a land free of prostitution - and a fall out and simply been returned one's money. It happens all the time. Sure.

The bar owner had a vested interest having procurred, supplied and profitted from the rental of young Thai women for sex. The girls themselves were clearly deeply involved in what went on but I can't understand just how street motorcyclists - those taxi guys - ever got involved.

Surely it wasn't yet another case of taxi thugs beat up tourists / rob them? It can't have been that as the taxi men got a good hiding that style. Although a couple of stab wounds is passe compared with the Thai prediliction for openingh the cranium with a solid piece of 4 by 2 that always appears ready to hand.

This time the boot was on the other foot ........... or rather the knife was in the other's hand.

And as we all know Pattaya has to see justice be done Pattaya style.

Without star gazing or crystal ball polishing too much let me venture what will happen next. In keeping with tradition the foreigners will be locked up until pay day. Should they need convincing then a starvation diet naked in a cell with no facilities will speed up their conclusion.

The emptying of an ATM is a certainty.

They may be spared court appearences every 10 days and simply kept in the dungeons of Beach Road so that officially there will be no record of them.

As their Nationality indicates we are not sure whether they are Northern or Southern. It is to be hoped it is the latter. Otherwise they wou;d come under the consular care of dear Howard, the finger in the pie Walking Street, TV, lost the plot honorary consul, so responsible for leaving so many Brits to rot at the hands of the police while providing them a packet of crisps and a bottle of water. Just the once. Obviously Howard finds being chained naked and covered in your own excrement an acceptable punishment for being homeless in Pattaya.

That was the last time. Correction. There's been others since.

Back to Paddy and Mick then .............. it'll be spun that they are the devil's sperm and the Thai police of Pattaya with the full ignorance of those who reside in City Hall and are really to be avoided, will show just how amazing Thailand really is.

Finally, bear in mind the few facts from the case; prostitution from a bar; fight; injuries. The Irish were compensated which indicates they were in the right.

Logic, reasoning, common sense leads one to think that a man wearing shorts can hardly conceal a knife about him. Taxi motorcycle gang members do regularly intervene and in large numbers attack foreigners.

Fact: this time they got a good hiding.

for those that are constantly dwelling on the fact that they think the Bar owner identified the guy by his full name - yes that is literally what you would take from the statement in the OP but that is wrong, she identified the guy once the police had apprehended them by pointing at him - his full name came came from his passport, why is it so difficult for some of you to get that, yes in literal terms that is not what you would think it said but it is obviously just a badly written sentence - it probably should have read - the bar owner identified the falang who's identitiy is now known to be ............................... what is so difficult to understand about that , some of you people really don't have much of a clue as to how to read stuff in Thai news articles - which are very rarely written correctly, now put this matter to bed and don't bring it up again as it's plain stupid

and for those who think the Thai guys sole aim is to bash falangs at every opportunity you are 100% wrong, I can without doubt say that this is the opposite case in New Plaza, there was a fight going on the length of the street when these falangs came back for vengence with weapons, any falang customers there would have been firmly on side of the Thais and bar owners who don't want scum like this drinking there - all over a 300baht bar fine which they got back, what a stupid thing to do, now I'd like to see either of them or their friend walk into new plaza again - possibly a different story, and if they don't get locked up I'd be moving house if I was them or getting out of dodge altogether

And I might add I am not saying there aren't certain areas in Pattaya where a falang could end up in big trouble if he behaved badly but they are mostly tourist areas like walking street, most of the patrons in new plaza are expats and dare I say it are more civilised and knowledgable about how to behave in Pattaya, they have fun get drunk and these very same taxi drivers and security guards take very good care of them.

For those posting here that don't know the area you have little to contribute to this thread with your generalisations about Thais - it doesn't apply to everywhere

yes dad, I have done my chores, brushed my teeth and will be off to bed now. Is it ok if I come out to play tomorrow or are we still grounded.

I was reading this, then decided to look at the photo. <deleted>!!! That guy is a NUTTER! No shoes, no top, tattoos everywhere, what Thai guy would ever start on someone like that? Too much to drink, add some meth into the mix et viola, Bangkok Hilton here we come. Good riddance!

2 dumb drunk/drug addled, steroid muscled micks went looking for a fight over a few hundred baht. Twice.

Won the battle, lost the war.

mfr_closed1.gif

At least they could have a fight unlike most of the English fools who think they can have a row and end up face down, battered!!

We will see how hard the pikey's are after a few nights in Thai cells.

Edited by Patronus
  • Like 1