Forum Karma

Jayman

Given that this is a forum about Thailand I think it would be very nice to have a Karma points system implemented into the forum. I have seen this system in many other forums and it seems to work quite well. This would allow members to both give positive points to posts they agree with/find helpful as well as give negative points to those they find insulting/inflammatory. This would also give incentive to posters to stop posting garbage as soon they will get labeled as a waste of space member and others will see right away that this poster makes a habit of posting inflammatory stuff.

Of course the karma count would be seen under the posters name and post count with every post that is made. This would let the members do a bit of "self-moderation" so to speak as they could both approve or disprove of posts.

I do think the "like this" button is a step in the right direction but it needs to followed up with the "dislike this" button.

Been there done that I think. Just read the post and make your mind up.

Some of us are consistent while others prefer to be more random. TiT after all!

Does this mean that TV once had this system and then stopped it? Is this the type on non specific post that you are consistent for? TIT seems to be the excuse for everything. Guess what... this is TV not Thailand and I'd be surprised to find out if the majority of the posts here actually originated from within Thailand.

In short Jayman, at least one self admitted 'contentious' poster felt he was being victimised when people he had upset started laying regular negative votes on him at every opportunity.I understand he was not alone. The complaint was accepted as valid by the powers that be, negative vote option was removed.

Many were disappointed, but harmony and balance was returned to the forum

edit: and of course we still have the entertaining contentious poster........ who we have learnt to live with......almost

Edited by 473geo

In short Jayman, at least one self admitted 'contentious' poster felt he was being victimised when people he had upset started laying regular negative votes on him at every opportunity.I understand he was not alone. The complaint was accepted as valid by the powers that be, negative vote option was removed.

Many were disappointed, but harmony and balance was returned to the forum

edit: and of course we still have the entertaining contentious poster........ who we have learnt to live with......almost

Ok.. soo TV once did have ability to give both pos/neg votes. I was unaware that it was tried and failed here.

I'll leave it be then.

Feel free to close this thread.