News_Editor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Queen of Pop' Whitney Houston dies, publicist says

2012-02-12 08:21:48 GMT+7 (ICT)

LOS ANGELES (BNO NEWS) -- Singing superstar Whitney Houston, often referred to as the 'Queen of Pop', died on Saturday, her publicist said. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster confirmed Houston's death but gave no other details about the time, place or cause of death.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-02-12

Singer Whitney Houston dead at 48

Washington - Whitney Houston, the pop singer, has died at age 48, US broadcaster CNN reported Sunday.

Kristin Foster, her representative, confirmed Houston’s death to CNN, the broadcaster said

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-12

Too young

48 is not young. The fact of the matter is that she squandered her career. She made the decisions that did that.

I'll wait for the autopsy before commenting further. However, this is one washed up singer I'm not going to mourn.

I'll bet you kick your dog too.

• Like 2

Too young

48 is not young. The fact of the matter is that she squandered her career. She made the decisions that did that.

I'll wait for the autopsy before commenting further. However, this is one washed up singer I'm not going to mourn.

Whitney was a good girl until Bobby Brown corrupted her. Addiction is a hard thing to break and a tougher obstacle than many people can imagine. Some people will never be able to free themselves from their vices, and this does not make them bad people.

Too young

I'll bet you kick your dog too.

Actually Geriatric IMHO is writing the truth however unpalatable, she chose her lifestyle no one else , the autopsy will most likely prove him right ,what a waste of talent !
  • Like 1

Drag our Leaf Icon above to your taskbar to bookmark TGAM in Internet Explorer 9.

Show me how

Please don't show me this again

Remind me later

Too young

Whitney was a good girl until Bobby Brown corrupted her. Addiction is a hard thing to break and a tougher obstacle than many people can imagine. Some people will never be able to free themselves from their vices, and this does not make them bad people.

I don't think it is fair to blame Bobby Brown.

Ms. Houston said their true personalities were not as far apart as people may have believed.

- As posted on the AP wire service.

Bobby Brown, no matter how awful he might be, wasn't the cause.

Anyway, the best singers were all white, Elvis, Roy Orbison Gene Pitney.

in your opinion - remind me again of the supposed reason that Elvis was so popular...

Wowzies. Can one really compare Whitney to Lena Horne, Ella Fitzgerald, or Pearl Bailey? All afro American, all women who had to face some terrible barriers, and all very honest, genuine folks that gave back to society.

Entertainment industry pays high and plays hard, many a recreational diversion aid is available, some good some bad. Some folks live some die. However Whitney Houston was decent artist who will be missed by many though.

Speculation as to the cause of her death and perchance those who may have influenced her will no doubt come to the forefront in the not too distant future.

Edited by siampolee

UPDATE 1 -- Singer Whitney Houston dies at Beverly Hills hotel

2012-02-12 09:13:21 GMT+7 (ICT)

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- Grammy Award-winning singer and actress Whitney Houston, one of the world's best-selling music artists, was found dead in her Beverly Hills hotel room on late Saturday afternoon, police said. She was 48.

Beverly Hills Police Department spokesman Lieutenant Mark Rosen said paramedics responded at approximately 3:43 p.m. local time after receiving a 911 call for medical aide at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. An ambulance arrived about two minutes later and Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. local time, he said.

Rosen said there were 'no obvious signs' of criminal intent, but did not comment whether Houston may have died as a result of a drug overdose. He said the singer was a guest at the hotel and had an entourage with her.

Houston's publicist, Kristen Foster, also confirmed her death but gave no other details.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-02-12